The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

An update on my PlayStation 2 situation: Even after leaving it alone for about two weeks, it's not working, so it's completely crapped out now. The good news is that my last PlayStation 2 works, but only with PlayStation 2 games which are DVD, with some exceptions like Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers, since the CD laser for PlayStation games went out, and that's why we replaced it.

Also, since I couldn't remember exactly how long I've had my current (refurbished) PlayStation 2 that's now completely crapped out, I decided to investigate. I specifically remember PlayStation games no longer working when I had to take a short hiatus on my first Crash Bandicoot walkthrough--the first game for clarity--after recording the first nine parts/levels on February 5, 2012, and uploading them on February 6, 2012. When I went to try and record more, the PlayStation 2 wouldn't read the disc. Until the mom could afford another one, I was just playing PlayStation 2 games, which is better than nothing, I suppose, and it's like that again, except I'll be doing the buying, and then in mid-late March 2012 I got my current PlayStation 2, and I resumed my first Crash Bandicoot walkthrough on March 22, 2012. This current one lasted me four years, give or take some days, double what brand new ones lasted me.

Unfortunately, GameStop still has no PlayStation 2s, refurbished or otherwise, online, and they don't carry them in stores anymore, which I don't get. The clerk I talked to a while ago told me to go online, and there are none, unless there has to be some special order done--I don't know. So if I want a refurbished PlayStation 2 that'll last at least another four years, it looks like the only option is to see if we can drop off the one that's crapped out at GameStop and have them send it to Sony to be refurbished and sent back for us to pick up. Should hopefully still be around $60 plus some fees for having them do it, if there are any.

Edit: For reference, here is the thread from when the last PlayStation 2 was having problems.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

a moment of silence for our fallen comrade

half AP, you weren't around long enough...

3. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Just registered panels for Geekkon in August. Super excited. It's the first time I'll be hosting panels. The husbando and I will be doing a scavenger hunt and then I'm also doing a survival game panel to talk about the terribly wonderful genre that I'm kind of obsessed with. //rolls//

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Something that I refentlu figured out after doing years of panels is if you want people to talk, bribe them. It gets them talking, and it brings up a lot of discussion points you can build off of. I liked using Pocky, but it can really be anything.

5. 61 No. B

i would pay a stupid amount of money for them to add anko, kurenai, shizune, and mitsuki to the storm 4 roster. in another dlc pack. after dlc 3, those are the only characters that its really lacking. heck i dont even need mitsuki. id be okay with just anko and kurenai really (THERES EVEN AN ANKO MODEL IN ADVENTURE THAT LOOKS SO FANTASTIC WTH WHY CANT I USE THAT). also i would like it if they cleaned up the character select it makes no sense with how inconsistently its laid out. not a real problem just an annoyance

thankfully im at the point where i can only play the game in 1 mission bursts before im tired of it or just dont play it at all. nice little game with a short lifespan but much better than just about any mobile exclusive ever.

6. Hayabusa Venomous

Onlywatch finally ends in two hours.

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

agreed
    i kinda get how the first couple pages are heroes and villains/anti heroes, but after that it feels like they just said "**** it, we don't need to care anymore; how many people are gonna play as young sasuke or naruto anyway?"

i will, namco. i will.

8. 61 No. B

my thing is i dont understand what justified an additional slot. like why does itachi have another slot for his reanimation but nobody else does? if they came to me and said "we want you to organize this roster" i would take away some of the stupid outfits that dont matter, yeah theyre cool but they clutter this up a bit, and merge all versions into a single slot except for part 1 characters. kakashi is basically the only one i can think of who got this right. you have his latest version in the front and as you scroll through you get other versions with different movesets. and thats another thing. its not like they divided characters among movesets because sometimes you have different movesets per costume and sometimes you dont. sasuke's a fun character and all but he doesnt need like 6 slots to himself. put all that in one place. what also annoys me is how some characters have different icons for different costumes and some dont. like it really bugs me when i put regular hanzo on a team of other non-reanimation characters and even though ive given him his non-reanimation costume, the little picture that shows what character im using still has his reanimation eyes. minor gripe but still one i have. overall i love this game, i just wish it had four or five more characters to make this the definitive naruto fighter spanning the beginning to end with additional boruto movie characters because thats kinda what it is minus the glaring few that its missing, a more organized select screen, and collectible things. like ultimate ninja 3 which is one of my favorite games ever has these unlockable figures among other things that dont do anything at all but look damn cool and give the game something like a post-game with all the stuff you can collect. storm 4 has ninja info cards. thats it. playing through adventure feels ultimately pointless because literally the only things you can get out of it are money and ninja tools which are just another form of money. i mean i guess it says a lot about how much i like the game and the franchise as a whole that even knowing this i still want to 100% adventure, it just makes the game feel a little shallow outside of gameplay. gameplay is fantastic*. there are enough modes to keep me happy. i just wish there were in-game material items to collect. so yeah those are my thoughts on storm 4. this post started out as something small and turned into my dumping my entire storm 4 thoughts into a single post, which was something i planned on doing anyway. love the game, just wish it went like two steps further.

*fantastic for what it is. i would make it so you can only use secret techniques once per match and just put substitution back into chakra to make chakra more essential to manage. but this only really matters for online. if you did that and added even one more button to control combos, i think you would have an actually respectable fighter on your hands.

also yeah. i rarely play as part 1 characters except for Kimiwhatever but if they werent there i would be angry. i like knowing that theyre there and playing with them every so often.

9. Hayabusa Venomous

Sooooooo anyone else excited for Overwatch beta?

10. 61 No. B

i didnt preorder but im def going to play it when i can. im not at all sold on the game but i want to see if its something i would like. you know im picky with games

11. Hayabusa Venomous

Oh I do know, and I'm quite picky too, I was just looking for some other people who are excited to finally get to play the game. I've been reading and watching stuff for like a year now.

12. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I bought a couple bags of suckers for Halloween to give out to customers and we were slow that day so they have just been sitting in my cabinet for months and I planned on taking them with to get rid of. I also liked the panel's that gave out prizes so I wanted to do that as well.

13. 61 No. B

im on the fence. im excited to get a taste for it without having to drop $60 to find out its not for me. it has my interest at least but im wondering if blizzards a company i dont like based on the games they make

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I would be if I had a PS4 or XB1. ;___; preferably a ps4

15. Hayabusa Venomous

Honestly, this is the first Blizzard game that I've wanted to play.

16. 61 No. B

sometimes i think about a new username like 62 but thats only because 6.1+ hd re:final master mix is too big

17. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I wish I could like this more that once. [Insert comment about the rating system that never was, here]

18. Ghost King's Apprentice

*is too smol to know what the rating system was* ;-;

19. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I wish I could rep that post

20. Patman Bof

You' re a repist.