The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

these are all opinions tho. You are basically saying "why won't these people change their opinion to match mine" which will never work. Take a look at 'religion vs other religion vs science' if you want proof of that.

If we are speaking from a mechanical standpoint where the most all around great Pokemon game is considered to be the best, then only people who equally care about those things are going to agree with you. Take the competitive scene for example. I could talk all day long about how "this or that" is unbalanced. Hell I play League of Legends so if there is one thing I know, is that competitive balance almost never happens.

That being said this all boils down to what you (you meaning the hypothetical consumer) want out of this game.

Want childhood nostalgia? Replay one of the first Pokemon games you played as a kid/teen/etc

Want competitive balance? Pick whichever one that falls onto. (Only really did competitive stuff in Diamond and X/Y, so I don't know if there is a better game)

Want a free red flying dragon looking sea monster spawned from a pathetic fish that symbolizes my future (wat)? Then play gen 2

Really it's all about what somebody wants out of it. The people who say gen 1 is the best have their reasons, which doesn't always have to be logical. So throwing logic at those people is a waste of time.

So what is my favorite? Gen 2 or 1. Mostly Gen 2 as the replay value and overall fun I had with the game can never be replaced. Have fun (this isn't directed to anyone specifically) trying to change my mind about that one. (Hint, it won't work)

Edit: I should probably not make long posts from my phone at 3 something in the morning. If I made any other mistakes enjoy the free laugh. I'm tired lol

2. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

So.... Not sure if anyone here gives a ****, but the whole YouTube drama regarding the FineBros is now over with the cancellation of their infamous "React World" thing, what do you guys think about it?

Personally, I really liked their videos ever since 2012. After seeing the whole fiasco emerge 4 days ago, my love for them and their videos are lost forever. If there is one thing that I learned about the internet is that the internet never forgets, and the FineBros' image has now been tainted.

3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I didn't really have a strong opinion about it at all until their apology message openly admitted they took down videos. They can hide behind YouTube's algorithm all they want, but they tried to rally fans to attack the Ellen Degeneres Show because Ellen had kids react to something on her show.

Also there used to be a Seniors React before they were ever around and they used YouTube's DMC system to take it down. I used to love their videos, but damn.

4. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I also heard that they took down a parody of their "React World" video made by someone who only has 8 subscribers and had 111 views. That's how stupid they are acting.

From the start, I knew they would pull a Bethesda/Valve and just disband the whole "React World" concept after about a few days of huge backlash.

My respect for them has been lost.

5. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I'd heard about this happening from various services. I liked a lot of the Fine Bros. content in the past. While they do come off as sincere, they do at least recognize how other people see the situation from a business standpoint. However, they have come off as arrogant in some of their messages, and even their apology.

I used to really like the Fine Bros, but I stopped following them when the whole "React" thing started to take over their content. I saw it just as a cute side project, but the more popular it became, the clearer it was that this was going to take over. It made me sad because they have such great creative minds, but all the "React" stuff feels like basic pandering just to get a lot of hits. I mean it's a smart business move to do so, but I decided to abandon ship years ago.

I wish they would do more. They actually had a tv show on TruTV that talked about history and such that was really entertaining. It reminded me how much potential they have as creators.

6. Hayabusa Venomous

I don't care what their reasoning was, fuck the Fine Bros for trying to copyright HUMAN BEHAVIOR. This is worse than Sony trying to trademark "Let's Play." I didn't even know the name "Fine Bros" until last week.

7. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Didn't they monetize off of a reaction video to that Amanda Todd girl's suicide video? I remember psychicpebbles (spelling?) making an animated parody about them a while back. Was never a big fan of them tbh.

8. Patman Bof

While I don' t give a flying **** about the Fine Bros per say (who ?) I' m a bit worried to see Youtube shrug off such backhanded tactics across the board. Anyone that has something truly interesting to say is bound to make a few enemies, all the people I follow claim to have been targeted at some point.

9. Hayabusa Venomous

YouTube's seemingly hands-off approach reminds me of Steam's approach to Early Access games, but instead of letting everything, decent to shite, get released and purchased, YouTube does nothing to help content creators work in honesty, nor to punish the people doing this kind of bullshit.

10. burnitup Still the Best 1973

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Yes. They did. It's their "Teens React to Amanda Todd Suicide"

That's... Kind of gross honestly? That they played the sincere card back then and claimed to care when the React World fiasco just kind of shows they were in it for the money from the start.

12. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Yeah I don't know why people seem to just overlook stuff like that. Maybe because a lot of people do it? I don't know. Regardless something just never felt right with those guys to me. Great businessmen don't get me wrong, they know how to rake in the cash by doing the same thing constantly, but just ehhh.

13. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

From a lot of what I've read, they claimed to be listen sing their format or React videos. While a lot of reaction videos are the same, theirs do stand out in many ways. From the way they are cut, having multiple viewpoints, asking questions, and a few more things.

That's not to say that they they can't use it how people claim they are using it. There's plenty of loose dialogue in what they said. But still, I feel that knowing the way their video is run, their way of doing it is their brand.

Like with burgers. Many chain stores have burgers, and they're all made from the same essential stuff. But there is a uniqueness to a Big Mac.

14. Hayabusa Venomous

15. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

If the FineBros did this at 2012 they might have gotten away with it. But nowadays, YouTubers are sick and tired of the abuse of the Copyright system in YouTube. Google really needs to pay attention to all the drama that has been going on and they should do something about it

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Hey, I'm on the Best Friends subreddit too!

17. 61 No. B

corrin would be nice

18. Laurence_Fox Chaser

... So I've seen part of Age of Ultron. The whole Natasha and Bruce thing seems really forced. Tony is displaying behavior that leads up to Civil War which is nice. James Spader is brilliant as Ultron.

And Pietro is a thing in my head again. jfc he hasn't been a thing since Wolverine and the X-men.

19. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I think I need to stop reading The Vision. Not because it may just be the best thing Marvel has at the moment, but because I can't handle how good it is.
    You didn't see that coming?

20. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I saw it when I saw Aaron Taylor-Johnson in that three sizes too small shirt.