The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Hiro ✩ Guardian

If the character in the play demands he have hair, then he has to have it. Also something about the lighting. When you have a clean face the lighting is different from the non-shaven one and so forth. Same goes for dyeing your hair and all that.

2. Hayabusa Venomous

My order:

1. X2
    2. Days of Future Past
    3. First Class
    4. X-Men
    5. The Wolverine
    6. The Last Stand
    7. Origins: Wolverine

3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

fox's X-men movies are usually surprisingly underwhelming. The Last Stand had a pretty okay final battle scene, but really only because wolverine told a dude to grow his balls back. Origins sold me on Gambit and I'm not fond of Channing Tatum playing him.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

They've got, for me, three really good movies, two ok ones, and two pieces of shit.

The Last Stand is quite literally "Missed Opportunities: The X-Men Edition" with how God-awful Phoenix and the general tone of the story was, as well as wasting characters like Psylocke (yeah she was in it for some reason) and Mystique.

Origins: Wolverine is the most overproduced, insincere "ACTION MOVIE" of the series, where I couldn't care less about any of the cast. Terrible effects, a sinful portrayal of Deadpool, and crap plot. But it did have a really good Sabretooth.

The Wolverine is like, half a great film, but the theatrical version is definitely neutered. It needs to be bloody, because it has some fantastic battles and cinematography. I mean, Wolverine on a bullet train. When are we gonna get that again?

X-Men 1 was just OK. Of course it was perfect for being the first film to have Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan as the best friends turned rivals, but it just wasn't that...passionate, to me. Also hate the bland black leather suits. Excuses of "But it's realistic" don't fly in a film where a girl with blue skin can become a U.S. politician in two seconds.

5. Hiro ✩ Guardian

where was my dear Betsy in Last Stand? I missed her completely if she was in it.

Wow. Missed opportunities indeed if I couldn't even notice my second favorite character.

6. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Apparently there's reports of Hugh Jackman wearing a comic accurate Wolverine costume and absolutely no one took it seriously? And there's nothing accurate about Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine. Because the comic Wolverine is short(like 5'3 ish), ugly(ymmv but nowhere near Hugh Jackman), and has bad hygiene. James Marsden had to wear platform shoes to match up.

But I did like Magneto's 'And once again, you think everything's about you.' line, said to Wolverine because who is on every single poster before First Class? And Wolverine was everywhere to the point he was appearing on comic book covers he otherwise did not appear in and 'Wolverine does not actually appear' warnings. The Wolverine Publicity was just...too much.

And I can't find a source for this but those leather suits led to one of the most awkward scenes in a movie. You know that scene in the first movie where the X-men just kind of casually step over this like...knee or waist high wall? Well apparently they were supposed to jump over the wall but the suits were either too tight or badly tailored on the male actors and well... It was just that scene was portrayed as serious.

Origin's Deadpool was just...yeah. Not even Deadpool. Liev Schrieber was about the only good thing about that movie.

7. Hayabusa Venomous

Yeah, as much as I like Jackman as Wolverine, I would totally enjoy seeing a more comic-accurate portrayal. Shorter, hairier, angrier....I swear I'm not describing a homicidal leprechaun.

The fatigue of Wolverine is so annoying because it just shows how lazy the screenwriters and directors were. X-Men is chock full of interesting stories sans the mad Canadian butcher. It'd be fine if he was a side character, but having him as the protagonist for 6/7 of the X-Men movies is too much.

8. Patman Bof

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

So a while back, my cousin and I got into a huge Facebook debate (if you can call it that) about vaccinations. It pretty much stemmed from the fact that he, who I actually think is stripping in Texas right now, thinks that the fact that those who are vaccinated shouldn't care about those who aren't because they're already vaccinated so "who cares?" We got into this whole big thing where he used my bald spots as proof that vaccinations are bad and when I brought up that early hair loss runs in our family, I wear a hat every day for work, and I smoked for almost 9 years, he changed it to me willingly smoking. I told him I knew the dangers of smoking and tried to explain how addiction and genetics work and that I don't have bald spots anymore. So it then turned into me supposedly insulting his intelligence and that I believe everything the "news" say (he thinks the Oregon shooting is a hoax, btw) and scientists wouldn't give up their "millions" of dollars in livelihood by showing the REAL truth and blah blah blah. He's also an Illimunati nut who doesn't vote because "both parties are the same" and all politicians are in cahoots and all that crap. The conversation ended after one of his friends complained that their kid got the flu shot earlier that week and has been sick with the flu all week and my cousin said next time he's in town, I can school him on his "crazy" "conspiracy" "views" and I told him I'd rather just get drunk and watch the X-Files; it'd have the same effect.

SO I WOKE UP TO THIS FROM HIM TODAY
    (For those who don't know and can't figure it out, I'm Jeff)

Attached Files:

10. Arch Mana Knight

Dammit Jeff. Abandon all hope for your cousin.

11. Hayabusa Venomous

If it helps, I have friends and relatives posting everyday on Facebook the same conservative, anti-Obama, pro-life, anti-government BS, so often targeting statements about gun control that I see literally nobody making.

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

He posted a cop brutality video the other day and made a comment about how all cops are like that and they're liars (it was one of the cases where the cops made a statement that was revealed to be fake by video evidence) and how he unfriended all law enforcement on his Facebook (no idea how many cop friends he actually had lol).

He just posted a video he saw on youtube where, in an interview, Steven Seagal says US shootings are engineered to give the political Left a reason to go after gun control (in the same interview, Seagal praised Putin as one of the greatest world leaders and claimed the Cold War was a hoax).
    I don't know what gives Seagal that expertise on those matters; must be the fact that he's a deputy sheriff.

13. burnitup Still the Best 1973

One Punch Man has proven to be the best Superhero TV show on right now.

14. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Conspiracy theories can be entertaining but I don't really put much stock in them apart from that. My father believes in aliens. I believe in ghosts. Sometimes there's interesting discussions between the two of us.

In other news, my cat is hunting a fly. Will let everyone know if he catches it or gives up.[DOUBLEPOST=1444434415][/DOUBLEPOST][ *NOT SO MUFFLED SCREAMING IN THE DISTANCE.*]

Teen Wolf's coming back January 5th. Deucalion's going to be back. Chris Argent is going to be back. It's going to be dark and gruesome and ugh.

Still no sign of my trashy baby Peter though.

BUT I AM EXCITED.

Now if I could get a date for the return of Vikings.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Watching RWBY Vol. 2 finally
    That food fight scene.

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I know right?

17. Hayabusa Venomous

I don't even know if I want to give RWBY another chance after Season 1

18. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  19. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

FTFY

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Coco is also awesome, but I need to see more of her first before I can safely say she is Best Girl.