The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Sometimes, I really want to fire people from my life

then I remember murder is generally frowned upon.

We have a kid at work, 17-19 years old, who just can't focus. I legitimately thing he has ADD or even possibly Asberger's, but we don't have it documented anywhere if that's so. Once a week, he shows up almost an hour late because he thought that was the time he came in. Virtually every other day, he calls in to see what time he works that day (even if he's not working!). He can't focus when talking to customers and doesn't prioritize. If coworkers are having a conversation, he will actually walk away from a customer to join in.

He's a smart kid but it is not the industry for him. And almost every time something happens, it's during my shift. Last week, my mom was admitted to the hospital. I had to stay an extra forty minutes at work trying to get a hold of him, because he thought someone took his shift despite never actually having the conversation where the other person said they'll take it. So I started class this week -online after almost two years away from school- and had to work two doubles, yesterday and today, because someone else got fired for not showing up. I was in charge today and my boss said it was okay if I kept my laptop in the back and worked during slow times as long as the other two were okay since those doubles took a huge chunk out of my studying time (and it's a forty minute drive TO work). The other two were supposed to arrive at four and when Unreliable Kid didn't show up, I couldn't get a hold of him. He shows up ten till five and asks if he has time to get a sandwich. It came off more rude than I wanted, but my response was "No, you were supposed to be here an hour ago. Clock in." I then had to have a very serious talk with him about how it's the last chance. Any more and he's gone without question. Of course, since I had to cover him while doing my shift lead stuff for an hour, I didn't get inventory done (which my GM said it was alright and that I should get some sleep; he has time in the morning) and I didn't get home with enough time to finish my FIRST assignment before the deadline.

So...ten percent off the assignment. It's not HUGE, but going back to school was so important to me and between that, trying to write a book, opening a restaurant, taking care of my mom, wanting to get married and get our own place before opening a new restaurant to manage over early next year, and work, I picked the wrong week to quit smoking.

And we ****ing lost to Florida for the eleventh consecutive year BY ONE POINT.

2. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Wow, I know the feeling all too well. Like, I get I'm not the most stellar person when talking to customers but I make an attempt at least. But I don't walk away from them after engaging in conversation.

But I get you. We had this one cashier like...she always went on about how she needed money for like car payments and stuff. And where I work, the management will just about bend over backwards to accommodate you. She was offered extra hours for her to make more money. Heck, I even offered her one of my shifts or part of one. [ Which is such bullshit because no one covers my shifts yet I have to cover for everyone else.] Yet this loony bird said she couldn't work them. And this is after the management (and by extension me since I'm one of the senior cashiers) found out that she had bought a car for her boyfriend, that was in her name, that she let him drive. Which just makes me want to scream the more I think about it.

And she worked 7 hours at a place that was pretty much 'sit at a desk and answer the phone'. She worked one day there and she quit. If she tries to apply at another place, that looks really bad. because if she lists that place, or hell ours, as a reference, she probably won't get a good one.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, she calls in. So I'm pretty much stuck working her shift. The following week, she didn't even bother calling in. She was just a no call no show. So at that point, the managers start leaving her messages because like, are you going to show up the rest of the week for your scheduled hours? And I really hate no call now shows because it screws everyone else over. Tuesdays are the days we get our truck delivery. Stuff needs to get put out and I can't help when I'm pretty much stuck babysitting a register.

And recently, I find out that she called to say she couldn't afford the gas to drive in to put in her two week's notice. At which point, she's pretty much fired. Which is just fine and dandy because I don't really want to see her again. She had more than enough chances.

I've been trying to write like 2 books but I haven't had the time. Either I'm working, or I'm sick/in some sort of pain, or I'm just so fecking pissed off I cannot focus.

I get your misery because I'm sharing in it.

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

Have you ever had like, the wrong date for a commitment
    And something came up so you went to call/email the person you can't make it to the commitment
    but it turns out the commitment was not that day.

Isn't that just awkward

4. Spike H E R O

In a "Frozen" kind of way" or a "Wish Upon A Black Star" kind of way?

5. Laurence_Fox Chaser

6. 61 No. B

both classes cancelled. had a nice breakfast. friend who i don't normally see on mwf mornings went out of her way to talk to me and was super cute today. watching inglourious basterds later. damn good day so far.

7. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

My costume design professor told me that if I designed Macbeth in the likeness of Kim Jong-il, I would be his favorite student ever.

Welp, guess it's time to kiss ass.

8. 61 No. B

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

>It's time to kiss ass
    >Uncomfortable silence

10. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Macbeth in high-heels and old lady glasses. A bold choice.

11. 61 No. B

sweetheart, i dont really want to hear about your prodigy salesman boyfriend who unwittingly works for a pyramid scheme, but i will indulge your cute, naive self all day long. i dont have the heart to break yours.

im not asexual but i get closer and closer with each day

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

So my girlfriend started watching How to Get Away with Murder
    and I have a problem with this.

I have homework

and I can't stop watching it.

Holy ****, this show is ****ing....Christ, there's no word for it.

13. Misty gimme kiss

It is really addictive and really, really good

14. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Started out watching Animal Planet but then Animal Planet became 2 different shows at once. The audio was still there but over different video( Forensic Files at that! ). So here I am watching Disney JR since there's nothing else worth watching and I'm not tired yet.

15. Plums Wakanda Forever

16. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I am so excited for Suicide Squad just because of Viola Davis.
    Oh my god, it's...I have no words.[DOUBLEPOST=1444101548][/DOUBLEPOST]Gotham

what the ****, man.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  17. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Finished all the X-Men movies and I have to say that this is the order I like them in:

1- DOFP
    2- First Class
    3- X-Men
    4- X2
    5- Origins (JUST BECAUSE OF HOW GREAT GAMBIT WAS SORRY)
    6- Last Stand
    7- The Wolverine

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

i hate having facial hair ugh i can't wait until after the play and i'm allowed to shave it all off

19. Amaury Legendary Hero

Why can't you shave it now? AFAIK, they can't tell you when or not to shave...

20. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Well they "technically" can't tell you what to do, but back when I was in school (the only thing my high school did correctly was the arts, and they did that spectacularly). Anyways, I was a part of the pit orchestra for the musicals/plays (sometimes). So I was good friends with a lot of the people who were in them. From what I gathered, when it was around the time for the show, if the director told you to do something, you listened.

Granted both the old director for the band and the old choir/musical director were both fired by the time I graduated. It's just not uncommon for people in charge in the arts to be overly forceful.

An example is I had to play in all four musical performances (four of them in three days) with mono.