The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Just so everyone knows, I wasn't actually up until almost 2:00 AM last night (my last activity was 1:51 AM)--it was my stupid body again.

When I woke up, I got on, viewed some things, marked the forums read, shut down my computer, brushed my teeth, and went back to bed.

2. 61 No. B

good to know. i didn't want to have to have a discussion with your mother
    @Plums
    what are you thinking about the naruto series w/e its called

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

oh **** I totally forgot about the new chapter today

i like it but am kind of eh at the same time. i like sarada, she's probably the strongest character of the new gen kids to me, and seeing hokage naruto is definitely pretty gratifying after everything, but the story feels like it's blowing through things -- not necesarily bad but with this it'd be nice to sit down and take a breather. what is that little tailed beast thing walking around? who was that guy off in the cave and what does he have to do with everything? i know we'll get answers, but at the pace everything is going at it feels like the answers are gonna be tied together sloppily -- the kaguya thing was bad enough being strung into everything else and that was like 30 (?) chapters of development. if this whole series really is gonna be a short thing, i'm worried kishi's not gonna stick the mark. again. plus, i'd like to see how they really solved that "ninja world is built on & thrives on suffering" plotline that just got ignored with kaguya and everything.

that said, i do think there are probably answers about that shin kid & the whole with karin and probably orichimaru. plus that whole sharingan room obito had back when sasuke got itachi's eyes transplanted.

4. 61 No. B

today i lifted about 200 40lb boxes and moved them to the other side of a building and then drove downtown to do more office work. my back.

oh my god Ultimate Spider-Man flawlessly captures the essence of what it was like to be that early high school age. There are conversations here that I literally had verbatim around that time, and emotions Peter's going through that I remember dealing with as well. and it's not being done is some disgusting way that glorifies immature behavior. it's written so well and the characters are handled so thoughtfully that it never feels trite or like I'm watching teenick or something. Bendis why are you messing with me like this

i don't feel invested , but for what it is it's pretty good. Salad's not a character that I expected to care about at all, and I don't like her all that much, but she's certainly a good sympathetic character, and if nothing else i'll keep reading to see where the miniseries takes her. Chouji's daughter is unbearably annoying, which is the point. I have no idea what's going on with all the Uchiha stuff and don't care tbh. The arc the two girls are going through feels very appropriate and typical of kids that age, and it's the one thing here that I care about at all. i'm concerned that it's not going to be resolved well as well. i've heard that it's only supposed to be around 10 chapters long but i've also heard rumors that it's supposed to go longer than expected. There seems to be some balance issues with the main plot and subplot, and I'm not sure if Kishi knows what he's doing or has his priorities straight. This Uchiha business is going to give the series problems.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

I am really getting tired of these ****ing body betrayals.

Back to bed, I guess....

6. Hayabusa Venomous

When you're at the final boss of Bloodborne and your friend tells you that you missed like three other bosses because you didn't know about the absolutely arbitrary-sounding instructions to find them.

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Watching the Supergirl pilot in a few.
    Will post thoughts~

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Whoa, what, is it available now, or did someone leak it?

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Leaked."
    Same situation as the Flash; it's a high quality, non-watermarked leak and considering Kreisberg and Berlanti are behind it as well, people are saying it was just an leaked purposely. Regardless, I have it.
    ...though I'm watching it tomorrow instead of today <<

10. 61 No. B

i have it dl'd sitting right here waiting for me to watch it

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

KHV Supergirl Streaming Party

BYOB

12. 61 No. B

supergirl

yeah i'm not finishing this. maybe some other day when i have nothing else to do.

13. Hayabusa Venomous

So...can DC stop trying the TV series route? Marvel already won with Daredevil.

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

There's a thunderstorm!

15. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

16. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

17. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Hot
    1432381544207.jpg

Hotter
    1432382243933.png

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

But they lost with everything else?
    And that's coming from someone who loves Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Literally just started Supergirl five seconds ago

19. 61 No. B

the more spider-man comics i read, the more i like asm2
    and i already liked that movie
    that ending scene is going to wreck me the next time i see it i just know it

20. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Brian Michael Bendis is <3. I don't care what anybody says.
    His work definitely had a big influence on the movies; though he denies being fully aware at the time of production of that fact.
    In fact, I read somewhere that he was the deciding vote on mechanical web-shooters vs organic (why is that even a question). Apparently, he was something of a consultant (nothing official, just wanted his opinion on things) and they called him to ask him about the webshooters and without hesitating, he said mechanical and half the room was like "GODDAMN IT." Apparently, he didn't realize it was because he had been the deciding vote.