The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. 61 No. B

should i be concerned that i find zeta gundam sexually attractive

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

read da naruto gaiden chapter and thooooooughts

I like Sarada (I ain't calling her fkin Salad) a lot more than I thought I would. She's actually really nice and endearing; considering that the first chapter is her name, like the first chapter of Naruto was his, I'm hoping she's the main character rather than Bolt (Boruto sounds silly). I like Bolt, but he's too close to younger Naruto in personality imo and it would feel like retreading the ground we walked on. Plus, the other kids all seem kinda selfish? Bolt has a kinda understandable reason, but like...his dad is Ninja Jesus and has a village to run lmao. And he's still got his mom and his sister (WHO NEEDS TO MAKE HER APPEARANCE SOON).

Onto plot. I hate, hate, hate what he's doing with Sakura so far. It's the logical conclusion to a relationship between her and Sasuke (Sasuke and anyone, tbh), but she's just being made out to be some kind of joke and it's ridiculous. The whole "IS KARIN MY REAL MOM????" reeks of a red herring that he's probably just doing because he didn't give her or the rest of Sasuke's team a closure in 700. v:

I'd say Kishi's handling of Sakura's been the worst handling of a female character in something I liked so far this year, but reading some of the AoU reviews has got me wanting to fight Joss Whedon, lmao.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  3. Amaury Legendary Hero

What is Naruto like nowadays, anyway? I haven't seen much of it since whatever season it was when Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura had that training or whatever it was in the forest and Lee lost to Gaara in the tournament.

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Told myself I was going to use my tax refund for a student loan payment. Instead, I bought a tablet.
    Goddamn it, I'm irresponsible.

5. 61 No. B

i'm pretty down on this overall. I'm pretty down on everything post chapter 699.

i dont like salad bc she wears glasses. bolt is the dumbest character ever bc it's literally Naruto again. the obvious place this character is going is the through the same arc Naruto went through, in which case what the **** why are you wasting my time kishi? the other option, which is pretty safe to assume is not going to happen, is that Bolt turns bad or whatever. could be interesting but probably not.

ive been a Sakura apologist for some time now. I think the scene at the end has been grossly misinterpreted by the majority of people who are **** talking Sakura, but it's too soon to say with any certainty. to some degree I'm against this entire thing simply based on the premise because chapter 700 was the most disgusting example of pandering to the fanbase that I've ever seen, and this (which was obvious since it was announced) is exactly the same thing. we're only one chapter in and so little happened here that I don't feel like I have any more information on this series before I read it so I guess I'll wait till things start happening before criticizing it too heavily. it could be good. I hope it's good. but right now I find it hard to care about anything kishi does with these characters now because I'm so against any of these characters having relationships/kids when 699 chapters only served to tear them apart or reinforce that they don't have that kind of relationship, or at the very least not get them to a place where a relationship would be plausible, only to have the last chapter of the series forget all of that to be nothing but glorified fanfic. that got a little ranty sorry.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

no worries about the rant, i feel the same way lol.

Admittedly I liked 700 when it first came out because of, unabashedly, the Naruto/Hinata ending. I still like them together, even though I have and will say the process of getting them to that point was handled really poorly and basically required a movie to make it work within the written canon, which is ****.And yeah, I definitely second that it was glorified fanfic, and it threw aside the sheer mess and complications that were there after the war; where is Orochimaru? How will Sasuke and the village as a whole readjust? How are the five Kage going to maintain peace with themselves & the smaller villages and lands out there? How will the ninja system change? Will there be Jinchuriki again or won't there be? etc.

It's basically how I felt about the HP epilogue; book 7 explored this huge wizarding war with grassroots rebellious actions and efforts and so much death and all of that. Then the epilogue came, no one's scarred, everyone's breeding like rabbits and everything is fine, except it shouldn't be and there's no reason for that to be when they went through all of that death and fear and struggled as much as they did. Even though the NaruHina end is gratifying for me purely from liking them together, I do wish Kishi really ended it at the end of 699 and just let the fans fill in the gaps from there & come up with their own ideas of what happened; I think the characters earned a happy ending, but Kishi didn't put nearly enough work in to make it feel like the narrative as a whole should've ended the way it did without addressing...well, everything that still needed to be addressed. It was a copout.

I hope it ends up being good too, though guess only time will tell. just don't bring out kaguya **** and things can be fine kishi

8. 61 No. B

precisely
    to bottom line it, there were too many loose threads hanging that needed to be prioritized instead of this sudden relationship between Naruto and Hinata and Sasuke and Sakura or whatever that is. as per my personal opinion, I never liked Hinata, but that's just me. If there had been one final arc tying things together and also building these characters up to where I buy them having relationships, I maybe could have been made to care about Hinata. While the ending with Naruto and Sasuke's arms crossing or whatever was a nice image, it's not worth never addressing all of those things you mentioned. put that in like a flashback at the end of this current series or whatever. I think you could have all of these relationships in the series and have them be interesting/not seem like he's just writing to fuel the fanbase, but you can't just timeskip to them when the status quo i've been familiar with for years is so fundamentally contrary to everything now and I don't understand how any of this is possible but am expected to care. it's so painfully apparent that this is writing purely for the fans.

9. Patman Bof

Lol, is the Sarkeesian supporter about to get the Sarkeesian treatment ?
    Couldn' t help but notice one of Black Widow' s lines in the trailer wasn' t in the movie ("I don' t need to get that question answered")

10. Misty gimme kiss

I'm trying to save mine for my upcoming move but goddamn if I don't want a new pair of kicks

11. Ghost King's Apprentice

I HATE LEAGUE

12. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Which League?

13. Hayabusa Venomous

Dude, Lethal League is so fun though.

14. 61 No. B

reconguista is so perplexing
    i can't tell if its bad, good, both, neither
    the remaining 20 episodes shall tell. maybe. maybe not.
    what i do know is that the animation and designs are absolutely gorgeous

15. Mish smiley day!

This is bs. Now I'll never know if I'm gay or not.

16. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I've been trying to get a solid answer for years.

17. Ghost King's Apprentice

League of Legends

Does anyone know a way I can get in contact with Jayn pretty fast? I know someone who's interest in her music for a project.

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Probs her Skype or YouTube channel.

19. 61 No. B

on my god felicity tired of your **** i hope ra's ****ing kills you before this scene is over

20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

but felicity is so great ;__;

can we at least move her permanently to central city instead of killing her