The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I'm aware of those, I called it an MMO cause I've seen people call it that. But I guess you have a point.

Have you played it?

2. 61 No. B

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I'm starting to think some people are delusional when they play video games. I just read someone saying that David "Gameovers Are A Failure of the Game Design" Cage's writing is better than Life Is Strange's, which blew my damn mind over. Don't get me wrong, the writing for Life Is Strange is nothing to write home about but it is leagues ahead of Cage's. Probably because it is actually, ya know, believable.
    Damn man...

4. Maka Albarn It's called love

Today I had to go to a training for work... And they pretty much made us make stuff. This Spider Hat was one of them so we can teach kids about spiders and how cool, but dangerous they could be...

' upload_2015-2-28_16-47-52.png

And then after everyone started to put them on, I thought out loud "... We look like we're in a cult..."

upload_2015-2-28_16-48-29.png

The joys in working in Early Childhood...

5. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm a college student who can only buy a few games a year, so no, but I'd like to :\

It actually hurts me a little whenever a friend of mine says that they like a David Cage game...

6. 61 No. B

[​IMG]

7. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Spent nine hours working on my new acrylic tubing for my computer and then when I go to fill and leak test the loop, both my active and backup pumps decide they've had enough and die on me. Gotta wait until Tuesday afternoon to fix it. This is hell guys. Actual literal hell. Satan is here.

8. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Looking up information on various Full Moons and listening to Wardruna. This is my existence at the moment.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

What if: MCU's Spider-Man story arc starts with Peter Parker (played by Andrew Garfield) dying, with Miles Morales taking up the mantle thereafter?

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

What if I were your boyfriend? :D

11. burnitup Still the Best 1973

That moment when you realize Rom the Space Knight will never be part of the MCU canon.

Also, got some French Toast Crunch today. The Hype is real.
    As in unironically like them?
    Would be rather mean spirited.
    I'm not seeing the connection to Spider-Man here.

12. Plums Wakanda Forever

REAL TALK, my friend and I have been talking about this and we thought another alternative could be having both Gwen Stacy and Miles co-starring and taking up the mantle after showing Peter dies. With Amazing Spiderman canon it doesn't really work considering...yeah, but the glorious thing about reboots is that old canon doesn't have to be abided by. B)

bonus points if they also cast a non-white actress for gwen if dual spiderheroes ever happens, since that'd also elminate another representation factor they've been stepping around, but considering marvel's mcu track record thus far i ain't holdin' my breath for that one v:

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

oH MY G DO THAT WOULD BE SO RAD NOW I'M GONNA CRY WHEN IT DOEST'N HAPPEN

14. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I am all for a Spider Couple in the MCU and I am so down for having Peter die so there's no reason for the same origin story. Like, gimme a new Spidey's beginnings and just let Uncle Ben stay dead...

15. Amaury Legendary Hero

16. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

17. burnitup Still the Best 1973

YouTube copyright bots ruined a tribute to Monty Oum. Thanks, YouTube.

Also, I really don't get the whole "Peter Parker should be killed off in the MCU so some other guy no one actually cares about becomes Spider-Man." Seems really malicious.
    Everything is indeed awesome

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Man, that sucks. :/

The logic behind the idea is that Peter Parker dying was an iconic and emotional scene in the comics; using that storyline in the movies would give some closure to the Amazing Spider-Man movie series while allowing for a Spider-Man story that we haven't already seen twice on the big screen in the last decade, also giving some needed diversity to the MCU's very white main cast.

19. 61 No. B

i'm tempted to start another playthrough of OR. i tried to take it slow at first but that didn't work out. it wouldn't be hard. i could just put everything in bank and trade over items i want to keep. I just don't like losing the play time hours. especially once it gets into the hundreds.

mcu's not going to not use peter initially. that would be a huge misstep for marketing purposes.
    "WE GOT SPIDER-MAN. except he's not the one everyone's known and loved for years and everything totally different. still excited?"
    I mean I guess it could happen, but I don't see it just yet.
    but it's almost guaranteed that Morales or someone else will appear at some point
    im still a little salty over the whole situation

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Yeah it does cause it was really good.

I agree with 61 on this, not having Peter Parker would be a huge misstep on Marvel Studios' part. And killing him off so some guy from the Ultimate verse who the general public probably hasn't heard of to take the role would cause HUGE amounts of salt.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015