The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Dude, the fact that your mom doesn't just call any anime "trash" on sight is a miracle in itself. The fact that you're able to watch anything like Fate/Zero with her kinda blows my mind...

2. What? 『 music is freedom 』

You should also try out some anime films and see how she likes them. This could run the gamut from your basic Ghibli to more diverse things; there are many to choose from.

3. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

My mom has never been a fan of anime by any means, but she enjoys cartoons and if she sees me watching it, she'll ask what my 'Japanese cartoon' is about. Also when I went to a convention in October I had told her I would be gone for the weekend because of it and she was all "you should invite your brother, you know he likes that stuff too." I did not invite my brother, but moral of the story is that she understands my interest in 'backwards comics and Japanese cartoons.'

Also, @burnitup, another good streaming site is lovemyanime.net I pretty much only use that site and highly recommend it.

4. 61 No. B

when i was in middle school i was a pretty big death note fan. i got my mom to read some of it. i think i got her to watch something else as well. idk. the stuff i like nowadays generally isn't stuff i want to share with her. not because it's not appropriate for moms, i just don't care. i've been trying to get her to watch Chinatown and Rise/Dawn of the Planet of the Apes for like a month now. she's too busy watching Once Upon a Time and reading some dumb book. i considered introducing her to Garden of Words but I don't want her to see that emotional side of me. i think i might try to get her to read Superman: For Tomorrow because I don't think she realizes the literary value comics can have. we talk about the superman movies sometimes. She went with me to Man of Steel.

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Finding something we'd both enjoy is the hard part.
    Thank you. Just checked out the site. Videos are looking good. Next chance I get I should show her JoJo. Hopfully she'll enjoy it. Thanks again. :)

6. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

If you didn't flick your hair when you said that then I am disappointed.

7. 61 No. B

WELL I CANT anymore because i got a bad haircut today. i'm just... just.. devastated. I had finally gotten it to a point where I liked it. i specifically said leave the length. she didn't leave the length... ugh. ugh.

8. Patman Bof

So ... let me get this straight, you expected her to cut your hairs without cutting them ?

Me to any hair cutter ever : "Just make it shorter."
    To any additional question : "I'll let you choose."

9. 61 No. B

no not at all im leaving out details that are irrelevant to the internet

10. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Goddamit I got addicted to YGO again. Playing the 3DS game because I don't have a DS anymore and don't have a PSP.

Also, hi, I've been on some busy weeks. c:

11. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

So I thought those dickheads with the spaghetti strap singlets only existed during music festivals, but one just walked into my workplace.

Kill me softly.

12. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Tell them that you are The Rock and then go for the people's elbow.

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

American Beauty/American Psycho is so good

i'm gonna have this album memorized in a week man i swear

14. Hayabusa Venomous

If anyone's wondered why I haven't been active lately, school started and it's been the most stressful and busy semester (or just plan time span) of my life.

I won't give all the details for the uninterested, but whoever wants to message me, I'll be on Skype more often.

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

on the bus home from school, there's this street we pass and every time its name is read over the loudspeaker without fail i think it says "birnam wood"

#theatrekidproblems

16. 61 No. B

visited umw today. i am all about that school now. fingers crossed for a smooth transfer because i want to be there. going to gmu again tomorrow.
    i feel that

17. Hiro ✩ Guardian

SAME

18. 61 No. B

obligatory "new fob ****ing sucks" post

jet pack blues is catchy though
    and the kids aren't alright is alright. come up with your own dang names though

now excuse my while i go listen to patron saints and water buffaloes and cry myself to sleep

19. Hayabusa Venomous

FOB? I'm assuming Fallout Boy

20. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I am enjoying my new watch fobs.

I have been in this boat for a while, just recovering. I wish you all the best, but I am certain you will be able to handle it.