The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. 61 No. B

yes
    what

2. Hayabusa Venomous

PLATINUM GAMES + AVATAR

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

PREPARE FOR ARMSTRONG, BENDER ADDITION.

4. cstar stay away from my waifu

This sentence will never survive google translate butchering
    Esta frase nunca sobrevivirá google translate matanza
    Þetta orðasamband aldrei lifa fjöldamorð translate
    Šī frāze nekad izdzīvot slaktiņš tulkot
    Msemo huu ni kamwe kuishi mauaji kutafsiri
    דאס פראַזע איז קיינמאָל בלייַבנ לעבן איבערזעצן מאָרד
    이 구절은 살인 사건을 번역 생존되지 않습니다
    बीतने बच नहीं करता हत्या करने के लिए अनुवाद किया है
    Hat den Durchgang nicht überleben wird übersetzt zu ermorden
    N'a pas survécu au passage est traduit de meurtre
    Did not survive the passage is translated murder

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

6. Ghost King's Apprentice

chuu piikachu pika pikapi Pikachu pika-pi pi-pika-pika kaaa-pika-pi
    Kaaa Kachu kachu Kaaa-pi-ka-chu piikaa chu-pika-pika Pika-pika
    pikaa pi-pika-pika-pi chuuuu pika Chu-pika-chu Ka-pika-chu
    Š&#pii; pi&#pi-i;pi pikaa pipi&#Pii;Pii Piikaa&#Chu;š chuuuu
    Piika kaa pi pikapi Chuuuu Pika-pi chu-pika-pika
    &#pika;&#pipi;&#pipi; &#pipi;&#kaaa;&#kaaa;&#Kaaa;&#Kaaa;&#pipi; &#pika;&#piii;&#Pika; &#pipi;&#Pipi;&#Kaaa;&#chuu;&#pika;&#Pika;&#chuu;&#kachu; &#Piii;&#Pipi;&#Kachu;&#Pipi;&#piii;&#piii;&#Kachu; &#pika;&#pipi;&#pika;&#piii; &#kachu;&#Kachu;&#piii;&#Piii;&#kaaa;&#chuu;&#Piii;&#Kaaa;&#Kachu; &#kaaa;&#piii;&#kaaa;&#Chuu;&#piii;
    &#pikaa; &#Piika;&#pikapi;&#chuuu; &#Pikaa;&#piika; &#piika;&#pikaa;&#Chuuu; &#chuuu;&#kachu; &#piika;&#kachu;&#Kachu;&#Pikapi; &#chuuu;&#kachu;&#kachu;&#Chuuu;
    &#pipi;&#chuu;&#Piii;&#kachu;&#Chuu; &#kachu;&#Pika; &#Chuu;&#Kaaa;&#kaaa;&#Chuu; &#Kaaa;&#chuu;&#kachu;&#pipi; &#kaaa;&#pipi;&#Pika;&#chuu;&#piii; &#pika;&#pipi;&#chuu;&#pika; &#Kachu;&#pika; &#Pika;&#chuu;&#kaaa; &#pipi;&#kachu;&#kachu;&#Kachu;&#pika;&#Pipi; &#kachu;&#kaaa;&#chuu;&#Pipi; &#pika;&#pipi;
    chu pii pi-pika-chu kachu Pikachu-pi-i kaaa pi-piikachu Ka pika-pika
    Pi'Pi pii pika-chu ka pika-chu kaa pika-pika chu pika-chu
    Pii chu pika-chu pii Pikachu chu pi-kachu-pikapi pikachu[DOUBLEPOST=1413912674][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Why+is+Nova+the+best

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

MY 2DS IS DOWNLOADING THE OMEGA RUBY/ALPHA SAPPHIRE DEMO RIGHT NOW I'M SO EXCITED

8. 61 No. B

was trying to figure out my top 10 favorite anime/manga characters and I was questioning if I liked Zoro enough for him to be there and as I was doing so happened to turn to see what was happening in film z and saw this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

uuh yep.

9. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Somehow, my thought to take a nap turned into a thought to make banana bread.

10. Hayabusa Venomous

Got the Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby demo yay

But perhaps a level 40 Glalie isn't the best choice to make the player have to catch when Sceptile's Mega Evolution is 4x weak to ice.

AND I CAN'T GO BACK AND LEVEL UP.

Took me about 6 tries before I had to just use normal Sceptile and hope Glalie wouldn't keep eating him up with Ice moves.

BUT NOW I GOT DAT GLALIE WITH A MEGA STONE.

11. 61 No. B

literally threw one ball at it and caught it

12. Hayabusa Venomous

...did you not have to hit it?

13. 61 No. B

no

14. Hayabusa Venomous

[​IMG]

15. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

16. Hayabusa Venomous

So...I didn't know in Alien: Isolation that the Alien can actually kill you before the first time you see its full body...oww, that unseen tail stab.

17. 61 No. B

has anyone else noticed how "bastard" is the universal expletive in english dubbed anime?

its really dumb and i dont like it

18. Hayabusa Venomous

Yup. Makes a bunch of dubbed anime sound super same-y.

19. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Speaking of anime, watched ep. 8 of Gurren Lagann with my mother not long ago. Turned her opinion on the show right round after watching it. Before she didn't quite care for it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  20. 61 No. B

I've been playing Film Z for the past couple of days and it's got me thinking a lot about English dubbed anime and this is one of the things I've noticed. I'm not asking them to, like, keep a tally of how many times an expletive has been used in the interest of diversity or something, but "bastard" is a word that's very rarely used compared to others from what I've seen, so not only does the dialogue sound a little unnatural and forced, but very uncreative. From watching this a lot lately, I think what the core problem in English dubbed anime may be is that they try to get as close to the Japanese material as possible, but there are certain things about the English language that simply do not lend themselves well to the Japanese style. For example, Chopper and any other character with an absurdly high-pitched voice. That just doesn't work for English in the way that it does Japanese. Rather than trying to replicate what the Japanese did for that character, they should find a person whose voice suits the personality of that character and bring some form of uniqueness to their interpretation. And Luffy. Oh man, Luffy. I get that they probably got as close as they could when Funimation got a voice actor for that character, but is a that a reason to get the most ****ing shrill voice ever? No. In fact, that may be the problem itself. It's so bad that I have to turn the volume down when he's talking. Same for Chopper. (Those two aside, I think the One Piece English dub is very good based on this one movie.) I know that some English dubs are really good, or maybe even better, but that's very much the exception and not the rule, and when this is such a common complaint there has to be some credibility to it and not just animu ****tard fanboys or whatever nonsense. I refuse to believe that this is the only way that it can be done and that English dubbed anime can't sound just as good as the Japanese dub.