The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. 61 No. B

Oh yeah, the hot spring episode. Weak episode that you just have to get through. There really is not much of it to defend since it's a totally inconsequential episode in an otherwise consistently serialized narrative. I didn't hate it. It was a fine experience but definitely doesn't need to be there. I guess you could look at it as breathing room, with the first 5 episodes being the start of things, and things getting serious directly after it, but it's not as if it's essential to the pacing. Like i said, if you're just hating it and not enjoying yourself at all, you might as well quit, however, it's a significant series and worth having seen for someone concerned with that area of entertainment. Your choice. No one's forcing you to watch it.

2. burnitup Still the Best 1973

A lot of people seem to like it though and I really want to see why. I've seen some of the cool stuff that will eventually happen and I want to get there. But I am concerned that the series isn't as cracked up to be as people think it is. Fortunately episode 6 is the only episode I consider bad so far. Though considering how many I've seen that isn't exactly a competition. But, Viral next episode and I like Viral!

Also, is it bad that I am able to sit through the entirety of SAO (which is watchable garbage) and yet the show people say is good I have to convince myself to keep watching?

3. Hayabusa Venomous

Honestly, I'm confused too why you're having a hard time with Gurren Lagann. One thing I think should be noted: it really holds off from showing everything cool too soon. There's a great sense of build-up which the series really delivers on, at least for me. I myself never had issues with the pacing though.

(I was forced to finish Sword Art Online when I wanted to stop during the second half, and fell asleep at various parts in the first half.)

4. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I'm not even sure why I'm having a hard time either.

Sword Art Online would be massively improved if they used gamer slang unironicly. Especially for Sword Art Online II. Like so.

5. 61 No. B

next week is the last week of the breaking bad binge. too sad. my sundays are suddenly going to become worthless

6. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Teen Wolf fandom has gotten on my nerves again. Or at least the very vocal majority has. There seems to be one in every fandom really. But the Teen Wolf one has been...deplorable. Just because the cast members do not answer every little ****ing question or be their twitter friends, that seems to be reason enough to blast them with hate.

I respect any actor or actress with all the crap they put up with from their overly entitled fanbase. Especially the Teen Wolf cast members, past and present. They put up with so much crap. Crystal Reed was asked, to her face, why her character was 'quote' dressing like a **** this season 'quote'. And Crystal just looked so uncomfortable as did Dylan O'Brien and Tyler Posey.

And someone just nominate Posey for sainthood with everything he's been through with this show.

Just nominate everyone. Hoechlin, O' Brien, Posey, Bohen, just everyone.

They are wonderful people. And they do not deserve the abuse because they do not hold your views. Ian Bohen is the sweetest, most adorable guy.

It's just...I don't understand and it frustrates me. These people work so hard to give us these shows. And they, do this ****, and they have the nerve to call themselves fans? They tweet racist comments at them? They...threaten to drop the ratings/make the actors lose a job over fanfiction? They ask questions that are not allowed at panels because they think they are entitled to?

[ And the question in particular. Imagine working on a book for months. You put everything into it. You cry over it. You get frustrated when you get writer's block. But you get so excited because you want to share it. And when the book comes out. You get asked the same question time and time again: 'Who is going to kiss who?' or 'Who is going to end up with you?' And those are the only questions you get. At every book signing. At every convention. The words are different. I think I would get a little tired of it. I'd have every right to stop writing and find another job. ]

I just...don't understand the attitude.

7. Hayabusa Venomous

Some fans are less fans of a specific work of fiction (in this case, Teen Wolf,) and more fans of their own fictions that are based off of the original products that actually have some facet of quality writing, acting, direction, production.

It is quite stupid to call someone out for doing something that they have never intended to have such effects on things they're not at all responsible for, such as what could be your envisioned pairing or appearance for a character (unless either of those severely contradicts what the writing of the original fiction would fit with.)

8. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

finish TTGL, if only for this scene
    [​IMG]

9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

What am I looking at?

Know what? Never mind. Probably a spoiler.

10. Hayabusa Venomous

Yeah, I'd recommend you not think about what you saw very much. Just keep going and try to enjoy the show...

11. 61 No. B

yoo this tartarus arc is such a **** compared to the setup and the games. man disappoint

12. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I'll try. Viral is pretty cool so I'm hype to see him again in Ep. 7.

On another note, I'm going to miss watching Space Dandy.

13. Hayabusa Venomous

Persona 3 anime?

Trying to get through Tartarus is why I've constantly dropped the game. It was really disappointing to me, cause I really wanted to like it, but I just get bored ._.

14. 61 No. B

lolno fairy tail manga
    almost done. 380/401

speaking of p3 im debating about just starting over. havent played in months and i just dont remember enough to feel like i can pick it up and continue and have a satisfying experience. sucks that i put like 40 hours into it though.

and by games i meant the grand magic games arc. sorry for the confusion

15. ShibuyaGato Transformation

i still need to beat P4
    i just kind of dislike the way you go from chilling in town and doing jobs to OH LOL GO GRIND OR YOU DIE REAL QUICK it'sjust a really uncomfortable balance imo

16. Plums Wakanda Forever

Paycheck gets in tomorrow after being delayed so P4AU preorder here I come 8)

imo the approach to the dungeons are definitely the weakest parts of both the games
    P3 & P4 have opposite problems in how they went about it (P3 was super long and same-y but it didn't get in the way of daily events and P4 had various short dungeons but you could only go during the day). Hopefully P5 enables a more intricate design to how they're done & when you can do them

@Cat~ I'd say it's probs best to train on the weekends since there isn't toooo much available/happening then. It does take away from a chance at leveling up your S. Links but at least you'll have the main week available to get down to it (unless you're on the clock to Do The Thing with The TV). There are those Golden Hand shadows that give a ridiculous amount of EXP if you beat them, so you could also farm off those then.

17. 61 No. B

AAAAND I'm caught up with fairy tail (minus today's chapter). read like 200 chapters in this past week.5. started in june but read more than half of it in these past two weeks. couldn't put it down during the grand magic games, but once tartarus started things got kinda.. bad.. and i had to force myself a little. man. first one piece, now fairy tail. tried doing this in 2011 but quit. feels good to come back to something and commit to it. now im going to read the peripheral fairy tail chapters, watch the movie, read the first couple chapters of zero and ice trail so i can go ahead and be up to date with them this early on, 402, and then tomorrow (or maybe Wednesday because Tuesdays are murder) starts SOUL EATER. hell yeah. soul eater was another one of those manga that i had been up to date with but dropped. that was back in 2009.

18. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Weirdly, dungeons are what I like most in P3. Days can go by too fast to the point it doesn't feel like I played anything... Except when I go to Tartarus.

19. 61 No. B

has anyone here read the prologue chapter to the fairy tail movie? looking for a source

I'm not sure why, but I never get tired of the gameplay in P3. It always feels fresh to me, which is weird because it seems like a system that encourages you to use the 'right' attack would get very old very fast. I can easily see why a person wouldn't like it, but to me it's great fun. Days are fine but it can get annoying having to go through a lot of stuff you don't care about just to do a few things and then go to tartarus. Of course I say this having not played it for real since April or something so who knows if I'd still feel this way.

20. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

This ninja **** in Bravely Default is getting on my nerves.