The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

No, they've streamed twice. Ever. And have no plans to make it regular. That's taking the money and running on both Twitch's and Grumps' part.

Also, fak you, I enjoy Halo, I can argue about the intricacies forever. :P[DOUBLEPOST=1411853110][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Halo is spacious and requires strategy. It's not just about firing the weapons till death of enemies. CoD is like that. In Halo, every enemy has a special way to be taken out that's more efficient than any other way in a similar fashion of Mega Man. On higher difficulties, this is your bread and butter. And because 90% of the weapons are close range, it's either get up close and deal with your problems and dodge projectiles (all Covenant weapons are projectiles that can be dodged, while all Promethean weapons have tells) in between shield recharges, or handle it like a bitch and run out of ammo while they just run away and recharge their shields. A bit like DOOM, honestly, but minus the weaknesses thing.

Halo 3 specifically was basically made by autists. Things in the programming are very specifc. The fact that players could, if they wanted, launch a traffic cone and kill another player with it says a lot about the type of programing within that game.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

last night they mentioned that they might stream Sequilitis stuff more regularly since so many people liked it and they had to play the games anyway

either way Suzy noticed two of my tweets and that was good enough to make my night man c:

3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I love them, you know this, so it sucks being mad at them. But just because you built yourself up in one community doesn't mean you get the perks of another. Ray from RoosterTeeth streams every weekend and he declined a sub button because "he wouldn't stream regularly enough to warrant it" ProJared too. A "maybe we'll stream more" isn't a warrant for sub button. Sub button is meant to be a transaction between you, the streamer(s), and Twitch itself where you are paying both of them to make it so they can keep doing what they're doing. In return, they'll keep doing it. They basically turned on a donation button that pays them and Twitch. I don't think it was intentional, I just don't think they understand. Twitch has people stream for ten hours a day so they can get enough ad revenue to help them make rent. My favorite caster streamed eight hours a day with generally around a hundred viewers a night for the majority of it for 70 weeks before he got his sub button- and he was besties with two Twitch admins and had a global emote. It's insulting to those people if you get a sub button after two streams, have no intention for a schedule, and hasn't even provided a sub badge.

I don't know, it just boils my blood to see people have stuff given to them because famous, especially money when they make way more money (each of the six Grumps will make $50k a day if they just split it evenly) than any of those poor people in chat just trying to get noticed and feel like they're helping them out. I'm with Ray and even ProJared on this- don't get one if you don't intend to use Twitch, rather just create a donation page so people can help more directly and you aren't infringing on territory you don't understand.

(EDIT Add: Oh, I can add Markiplier. This is his sixth stream? No sub button. 30k viewers.)

And glad to hear you got noticed by Suzy-senpai! What'd you say in the tweets? Dish gurl

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  4. Hayabusa Venomous

Having played about four of the Call of Duty games, four of the Half-Life games, two of the Rainbow Six games, two Ghost Recon games, one Battlefield game, three Bioshock games, Left 4 Dead 2, Red Faction II, six Halo games, and Destiny, I don't at all find Halo that generic, and I'm not even the biggest fan of the series (though I love the lore.)

As Atlas put, every species of alien you fight in the Halo games fights in different ways, unlike the samey drones of Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Destiny. Grunts are cowards that like to hide behind grenade tosses and are killed easily with headshots, Elites are more courageous and even act differently according to their ranks (assassins who try sneaking around you, commanders who direct the lower ranks to protect them, aerial assaults who are very much kill-or-be-killed with their jetpacks, etc.,) Jackals are little assholes who'd rather snipe you than ever be seen, Hunters are powerful but slow and have clear weaknesses, etc.

As such, you have to know what weapon works best against what enemy or group of enemies in specific locations. Shotguns would be terrible against a squadron that's far from you and taking pot shots, but in close corridors you can bottleneck them and do really well. The situations reverse if you use, say, a sniper rifle instead.

I also really like the visuals and music of the Halo series.

While it's true that sci-fi shooters of the late 90's and early 2000's shared features such as varying enemy types (again, Half-Life comes to mind, as well as Doom) and basing situations on how levels are designed, Halo is probably one of the few FPS series still doing it well today. They're not perfect games if you ask me, but there's a lot more to them then people may want to think.

5. Laurence_Fox Chaser

So...

Sengoku BASARA: Judge End. It's only been two episodes in and I have manly tears.

TOO MUCH CRAP HAPPENED IN THAT LAST EPISODE.

6. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Yeah, people need to play a game like Blacksite: Area 51 to understand what generic can actually be and what it's like when a game lacks proper game design and identity. Halo isn't cookie cutter, and could probably fit in with 2D games in terms of design. I'm sure I could find more parallels than enemies and colors.[DOUBLEPOST=1411882323][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I do not watch it :C

7. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Clearly this is your problem and not mine.

8. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

I have a fairly large problem with this statement, but only because I've spent the last two weeks playing Destiny. I'll see if I can remember all the enemy names.

HIVE​

Thrall: Think Venom, from Spiderman, but white, and there's five of them. No guns. They run at you. Fast. Run and attack.

Cursed Thrall: Same deal, but slower, and they explode upon death. Or if they get too close to you.

Acolyte: Basic infantry of The Hive. They'll attack with mid range weapons, like handguns, or Assault Rifles. They take cover when they can, and wait for other units to lay down cover fire before coming out to attack.

Knight: So yeah, it's a Knight. Pretty self-explanatory. Armour. Sword. Lots of health. Kill it quickly from a distance, or it'll throw up an impenetrable shield and regenerate health. Some also have long range cannons.

Wizard: Big flying dudes with shields. Like, magic shield. Shoot that down before you can damage them. Assuming you can even hit them, what with all the flying around they do. And the teleporting. They'll use magic clouds of darkness to blind you and do damage. Then they'll fire more magic out of their hands. Use light based weapons to do more damage to the shield.

Ogre: Think of The Rock. Now imagine him about five times bigger. Now he's a cyclops. And he shoots lasers from his eye. And punches you. And has lots of health. Kill ASAP or get fucked on.

FALLEN​

Shank: Lightly armoured, flying, swarming enemy. Easy to kill.

Dreg: Basically the same as an Acolyte, but they also want to stab you, as well as shoot you.

Vandal: These guys are long ranger attackers, with weapons that do heaps of damage. Thankfully they do so much damage because they require charging before each attack. Then there's the ones that go invisible and attack you with two electricity charged swords.

Captain: Another self-explanatory name. They're the ones that lead the charge on the battlefield. Light energy shield and dual wielding swords most of the time, but they'll still use ranged weapons if they're too far. Usually followed by four of five vandals and Dregs. Captain bosses teleport, too, so don't get too close unless you want swords in your spine.

Servitor: Giant purple floating eyeball that shoots purple void energy at you. Splash damage. Shoot the middle of the eye for maximum damage Servitor bosses also have a void burst ability, almost killing anyone close enough to be hit by it. They can also teleport.

Archon: Archons are very similar to Captains, but lack the energy shield and prefer ranged weapons over melee. They usually have cluster launchers, firing three to four separate projectiles at a time.

CABAL​

Legionary: Think Warhammer Space Marines. That's basically what these guys are. Lots of damage. Lots of armour.

Centurion: Legionaries with energy shields and jetpacks. More health. More damage. Grenades. Grenade Launchers. Rockets. Assault Rifles the size of a car. Good fun.

Phalanx: NOW THESE GUYS. Legionary, meet shield. As in physical shield. Full body shield. A riot shield the height of a Legionary, with a spot for them to stick their gun around and shoot at you. They take no damage at all if you hit the shield. HOWEVER, if you can lay enough bullets into their arm when it's around the side of said shield, you'll stagger them, allowing you to get some shots in on their face. They're usually be protecting four or five Legionaries and two Centurions.

Colossus: Bane in full armour, with a chain gun that SHOULD be mounted on top of a military jeep. HEAPS of health. Like, a stupid amount for a non-boss enemy. They also fire small rocket salvos that do lots of damage. If you're not behind cover when they open up on that chain gun, you're basically dead. It's over.

Psion: Now these guys are the only Cabal that aren't giant warmachines. They're smaller warmachines. Smaller for the Cabal, however, means about the size of a fully grown male. These guys could take cover for days on end, I swear. They're jump out, fire a few shots, then hide for about twenty seconds. They use psychic powers along with their small weapons to deal lots of damage, with their main psychic attack being a burst of void energy that will travel in a straight line until it hits something. If that something is you, you're in for a world of hurt.

VEX​

Goblin: Goblins are the Vex paratroopers. But instead of parachuting in, they teleport in. Ten of them. Ready to fire. Best way to stop them instagibbing you is to throw a grenade as close to the center as you can, and hope you and stagger them. Getting a nonlethal headshot will actually cause them to run at you firing wildly until either you or they die.

Hobgoblin: Hobgoblins are basically regular Goblins, but with the same shield as Knights. They regenerate health behind it, and then come back ready to murder you. The shield doesn't just protect them, though, but any other Vex close to them. It also does solar based damage to any Guardian that gets too close.

Minotaur: Minotaur are big ass mother****ers with cannons mounted where their right hand should be. Lots of health and lots of damage. They won't take cover, either, meaning that you need to either run far away, or kill them quickly, because they won't stop until you're dead.

Harpy: A Harpy is a flying triangular Vex that is very agile, but when it attacks, it will open up to reveal three tentacles that will swing at you if you get too close. Only problem is, they also shoot lasers from the middle of their body, which happens to be their eye. Easy to kill, but also easy to be overwhelmed by.

So please don't call the enemies in Destiny "samey" because they're not. The only time you should be calling them anything, is when you call them predictable, after playing for two weeks.

9. Hayabusa Venomous

I guess you're right. I've just been so frustrated with the game since the bosses are little more than bullet sponges, to the point that I was just bored of fighting them.

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

the two tweets that she noticed + showed to Arin and Barry were crap drawings that i made because i was bored and felt like making doodles

one was of her in her blanket burrito and the other was of Barry drawing a "rupee" in Skyward Sword
    i sent a lot more but those were the ones that she liked + mentioned and ugh i'm still over the moon about it this is the first time i've been noticed by the Grumps and it just makes me so happy

11. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

7 hours and 20 minutes until new Once Upon a Time. Storybrooke will be Frozen over and it has finally been revealed that Elizabeth Mitchell will be playing the Snow Queen. The town is about to get twice as cold and I can't wait to watch the Captain Swan ship set sail on the high seas.

// swoons //

12. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

god you're so fucking lame

13. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I still don't understand all the Frozen hype. I've seen it and it's a cute movie. But I just don't really see it more than that.

14. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

You have no room to talk.
    My excitement has less to do with Frozen and more so just that Once upon a Time is starting again. I liked Frozen, but I was never a part of the obsessive fan hype. I didn't even watch it until it was out on DVD.

15. cstar stay away from my waifu

@Mega Man and @KHGrl15 are trespassing on my property and I would like a consultation with a lawyer please.

Would anyone here happen to be a lawyer?

hashtag#blessyourface

16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It's not trespassing. Your parents said we could hang out as long as we wanted to.

hashtag#blessyourface

17. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Okay guys be straight with me, does Gurren Lagann get good? 'Cause after watching episode 6 I am seriously considering just quitting.

18. 61 No. B

It does get better and more intense, but it was never bad. If you're not enjoying it now, you probably won't enjoy it much more as it progresses. However, since it's relatively short, unless you're having an absolutely miserable experience, you should stick with it. It's one of those series that should be required viewing for anyone even remotely interested in Japanese media. It's worth having seen even if you don't like it.

19. burnitup Still the Best 1973

My opinion on the last five episodes I was more or else, "Eh, I can take it or leave it but I'll wait until episode 8 to decide if it is really worth continuing." Episode 6 is however... yeah, I just really didn't like it. The only thing that really saves it for me is that Viral shows up at the end, setting up the next episode.

Honestly, why does this episode exist? Parts of it are basically an unnecessary clip show that literally could have been summed up as a "previously on" narration at the begining and doesn't even move the plot at all. They literally could have not made this episode, tweak the beginning of the next episode just a little and they'd be golden.

20. Hayabusa Venomous

Episode 6 was one of the pretty unnecessary episodes, if I recall. Think it was just filler while they worked on the important stuff.

Maybe the series just might not be for you. I was pretty hooked by the time they first combined Gurren and Lagann, though it definitely got better by the time the Four Generals show up, and keeps getting better to the ending.