The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

I dunno how to issue challenges or look for people lol

2. 61 No. B

book 2 is painful.
    which is funny because book 2 of avatar was the best part.

pls tell me it gets better than episode 3

3. Hayabusa Venomous

Ahem Book 3 of Avatar is best and we all know it

It does. As I said before, Book 2 of Korra is the most inconsistent in quality. Some episodes I was like "Holy shit!" and others I was like "Holy shit!"

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

talking mythology b/c i had that class today and this has been something my teacher made me aware of & i've been thinking about

in the book of genesis, specifically the first chapter and the second, there's two major inconsistencies that i can't believe i never noticed before. in the first part it is explicitly stated men and women were created at the same time from the same things -- has far less negative implications than eve being born from adam specifically, as stated by God, to be his helper and make him not be lonely.

the second thing is that it was stated in the first part also that god created man and woman in their (not the "26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness") image -- implying a gender/sex nebulous deity (even though God is still referred to as "he" in the passage, though it's also worth noting this is a lowercase "he" as opposed to the "He" we get in the rest of the bible, implying less of this "All Father" image, commonly depicted in myths of Europeans, as well). this is in opposition to the second chapter of the genesis, where we do have the capital "He," All Father image, and we also get that it's Adam specifically who's created in God's image, whereas Eve is just an afterthought of the process.

this is also interesting because Adam is made from the earth, the adamah, which has classically been associated with feminity, and it's Eve, a woman, who is born from a biological man rather than how biology actually goes. It denotes this patriarchal effort of western myth to override this idea and concepts of the feminine creation deity with ones who are strictly this decisively masculine figure -- this happened with Greco-Romano mythos too, where the Titans and Demeter, who was the deity because of her powers and connection to the earth and its agriculture and life essence, having her role lessened by the Herakleidan gods (Zeus/Hades/Posiedon ruling over the Heavens/Underworld/Seas respectively, dividing the cosmos amongst men and giving the power to male figures). my teacher said a quote highly pertinent and is one that I circled like four times but looking at all of this, it is true, that "myth serves as a justification for social structure"

(also on the adamah again really quick, but notice how Adam's curse from God following consuming the forbidden fruit was related to his creation, and how Cain inherited this duty of tilling the land, raising things up from the adamah in essence. that's it. that's literally the reason why god disliked cain's stuff instead of abel's -- abel was able to do something other than what his father did (raise livestock), and cain was left tilling the earth that was no longer spiritually rooted to humanity at that time. which, again, was literally reason 23/28734674 why the biblical depiction of god is such an *******.)

5. 61 No. B

i have a big soft spot for book 2. 3 is good but i enjoy 2 more.

i would be on board with this if it weren't for all this forced tension. i really like the idea of exploring spirits since that was never donein depth before, and i also like what's going on with the north trying to reform the south, but it's the character stuff that's hard to watch. ep 3 was basically 20 minutes of people arguing with no reason and either no results or forced results.

6. Hayabusa Venomous

It gets much better/worse

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Guess what I'm playing right now

image.jpg

8. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Hey, those codes I used to buy Destiny!

9. 61 No. B

so i went ahead and bred and umbreon since i had all the materials anyway
    i dont particularly like umbreon but it has nice special defense and i needed that so whatever
    it makes me a little sad that leafeon's basically a less-good umbreon. it has high atk but can't utilize it very well.
    did arcanine as well. brings my total up to 24. 30 counting redos

10. Hayabusa Venomous

Grass just ain't that balanced a type, sadly. Only super effective against three types, and then it's weak to like, five.

And then I just realized Mega Sceptile will also be 4x weak to Ice ugh.

11. 61 No. B

for real tho that last naruto chapter got me so hype for naruto and i want more
    but i dont feel like reading any and i dont feel like watching any of the movies
    i really regret selling all my naruto manga. i sold a lot of things i regret selling. but it was for a good cause so

12. Ghost King's Apprentice

Someone! Quick! I need a name! Any name!

13. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Tobias Reaper.

14. 61 No. B

guys.

guys.

guys.

i found my itachi headband.

15. Ghost King's Apprentice

Oh heck yes! My new phone's name is Tobias Reaper!

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I regret the first name that came to mind wasn't Dio Brando.

17. Ghost King's Apprentice

I guess i'll keep that reserved for the next device I get.

18. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Why did you need a name for your phone?

19. Ghost King's Apprentice

It seemed unfair to name my laptop but not my phone :\

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Ah, makes perfect sense. I named my hat.