The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

Only a 66% on my first government exam. Guess I actually have to read the textbook, seeing as most of the questions were nothing like the quizzes :\

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, I'm not a huge PC gamer, but there are certain titles that are only for Xbox/Steam and I'd rather not go through the hassle of XBOX Live...

But yeah, beaten six members (not entirely sure & too lazy to check) of the Order of No Quarter and unlocked most of the armor+relics and all of the shovel upgrades. I'm having a really good time with it, though certain levels were horrendous (Treasure Knight, cough cough). I'm normally not a huge fan of this kind of game, but everything about it just keeps me coming back for more. The world is charming and quirky, plus the secrets that you can go back and find as you grab relics/get more cash are really interesting.

I've seen ProJared and Jirard's reviews, and while they may have overhyped it... a lot, I do really enjoy it.

3. 61 No. B

oh man bad grades are so demotivating. when i get one i just want to go home and sulk in the dark for the rest of the day.

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Why do people think there's some big hassle with Xbox Live accounts? XD I've used PSN quite a bit and XBL is a lot more convenient and satisfactory to me.. And that's not me saying that without learning the PSN interface- I had it down, I just found XBL to be easier for me to use. Even setting up was something dumbass, 'got banned from KHV' 16 year old me could even do fine :P No alerts when people are signing out, everything's very upfront and accessible, and they even took down a lto of stuff behind the paywall... How did this come up? Shovel Knight isn't on XBLA, it's on the Nintendo eShop XD

You're almost done, honestly. But I agree- it's fun hanging out in the world, very charming. I often replayed levels to make sure I could get all the armor, relics, upgrades, etc just to spend more time with things like the Troubble King. Treasure Knight's stage was absolute crap.. after crap.... after crap. There's even a spot in there where they seem to expect you to use relics you may not have gotten? Like, there's an enemy over two pits and if he hits you DOWN YOU GO! And it's like... The reason that worked in Mega Man is because I had a gun. I didn't need to worry about taking hits- just jumping and dodging. But here? Here I have to get up his grill and hit him and if he hits me while I'm doing that, I LOSE.... I didn't like that stage either as you can tell >_>

And yeah, they overhyped it and gave it way too much credit. Saying "Better than Mega Man or Castlevania" when Shovel Knight potentially would not exist without those franchises is a bold, bold statement. It's an opinion, and it's taste, but it definitely isn't what I'll be ordering from that menu. The worst part about ProJared's review is that when you compare it to his Metal Gear Rising review, it shows he's a complete hypocrite at times and his scores mean nothing. I always liked Roger Ebert's rule "Do the math." It's not a rule about adding up scores, that's a rule about making sure everything is consistent and it adds up so the reader/viewer can't get confused and your tastes and needs are clear to the viewer.

WHOA TWO TANGENTS

Anyway, glad you're enjoying it :)

PREPARE FOR SHOVEL JUSTICE

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Welp, no going back now.
    Not when my rank is this high...

haha there\'s nothing wrong with me.png

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

Holy crap dude I hope your wrists don't break off. D:

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well it's only osu!mania, and I literally can't do anything more than 4k, so it's not too bad

Still, I'm more worried about my fingers than my wrists, haha...

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

Oh, I missed the osu!mania part... haha...

9. Ghost King's Apprentice

I have to be at school at 7:30 on monday. There is no school on monday :<

10. cstar stay away from my waifu

uh... community service? class meeting?

11. Ghost King's Apprentice

Football practice. I was gone all day today, I literally got home like 15 minutes ago. I'm not used to this.

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Is $43 a good price for a Figuarts figure

Because I'm really tempted to buy one at that price and slowly get the other five to complete the collection

13. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Which fig? It matters.

14. Hiro ✩ Guardian

15. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I feel like a failure. I can't make people happy no matter how hard I try.

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Then do what makes you happy.

17. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

You are NEVER and I mean never going to be able to make "everyone" happy. That's just how life is.

18. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Thank you for the times you made me happy.

I can list them, too

When I left for break and you offered to chat with me on Skype, or like when you randomly popped in when someone was mocking this thread and were all "hi" because I said it makes some people feel welcome, or how about when you took a stand against a shitty[/plan] fanbase and requested our helps to balance the ratings and make their attack seem like nothing [plain=]:).

19. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

[​IMG]

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973