The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. 61 No. B

**** thats a lot to read about a person whose existence means absolutely nothing to me. ill base my opinion on the tweet.

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

There's a tl;dr that's accurate at the bottom of the article, if you're interested but don't want to read a book. If not, I can still try...

Some girl cheated on her BF with five guys. One of them being her married boss, one of them being a Kotaku reviewer. Turns out, this girl is a very big contributor to the SJW tumblr community. She's also an indie developer. She traded sexual favors for good review scores. She constantly preaches that cheating is wrong because it goes against the rules of sexual consent. She used her body to further her career, and then treated the bf like something to cover up so he wouldn't go public. He figured it out, he went public.

3. 61 No. B

why is this a big deal? it affects no one aside from the people directly involved.
    i mean i know its not a good thing, but why does anyone care beyond the initial thought "that's ****ed up"?
    i just want tumblr to go away.

edit: i see how its not good because of the people reviewing stuff, but still.

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

It's the integrity of honest journalism that'll affect multiple people both short term and long term versus the reviewers' short term personal satisfaction, for one thing. Not to mention that she could never practice what she preached and caused emotional trauma for another human being via methods of using her body. If she was any other person, it'd be a shrug. But she revealed the lack of integrity with gaming journalists and SJW's sacrificing their morals while damning an entire gender. Anita Sarkeesian did similar last month- showed her true colors.

I want tumblr the community to go away. I want tumblr the website to exist for its original purpose.

5. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Yeah eff that.

6. 61 No. B

Good point. I just feel like this shouldn't come as such a shock given that it's pretty much accepted that influencing reviewers isn't as uncommon as we would like it to be, and that I've never encountered a person who wasn't a tumblr sjw who thought that they were truly commendable people who stand by the upstanding morals and attitudes they preach. It seems like I'm constantly hearing how both of these groups of people are corrupt to some degree. Maybe I'm being really cynical or crass with this in thinking that, or maybe I just don't care because I don't follow gaming culture and I don't like that tumblr community and I don't think consumers should take as much stock in reviews as they do, aside from the review itself serving as entertainment. I've said before that there are times when I'm glad I'm not part of the gaming subculture and this is one of those times. There's so much fucking drama (lol word play).

7. Hayabusa Venomous

For one, the compromise of journalistic integrity. Just imagine that the project you worked on for years and had tested and garnered positive responses from the gaming community gets overshadowed by the equivalent of a poorly done Flash text game. That's happening.

For two, look at this reddit thread. Notice, also, these rules and the comments. Never before have I seen such mass censorship that wasn't done by the government. Discussion should not be shot down about this topic, except to actually remove actual threats to personal safety, not EVERY COMMENT (whicth is being worked on now by less questionable moderators.)

For four, she's (allegedly) abusing the DMCA to take down videos on YouTube that criticize her game, claiming them for using any pictures (one video was taken down just for including the STEAM MARKETPLACE PICTURE.)

For five, this shit should NEVER be accepted. I don't care how many times it happens; we shouldn't just lie down and take this abuse of power and influence.

There are more that I missed, but these are the main things that piss me off about this, especially because I actually want to be a professional game journalist eventually. To see the people currently in the business taking sexual favors instead of doing their jobs right? That's both enraging and encouraging me to try even harder.

8. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

MY. GOD.

Watch as one person's mistake and betrayal of another human being DISMANTLES everything the internet stood for.

(loved your wordplay, actually cracked up)

This is absolute truth. Consumers shouldn't. Reviewers shouldn't have such an involvement in the marketing. Gaming journalism really needs to be fixed on both ends.

9. Hayabusa Venomous

It's honestly kind of impressive how terribly this has gone. IT'S ALMOST LIKE PEOPLE TRYING TO SELL A PRODUCT SHOULD NOT BE CENSORING POTENTIAL CONSUMERS.

The thing that I think is more important than the reviews themselves, is the attention. No matter what, it's too late to eliminate the attention that Zoe Quinn has accumulated, and no matter how terrible her games (and any future projects) are, more people will still look into it than had these cases of mass censorship and allegations of nepotism not occurred. I mean, yeah, some products will always garner more interest than others, but this one is happening because of one person just being generally a disgusting human rather than actually making a well-done product.

10. 61 No. B

that's genuinely terrifying.

I just finished an issue of Action where something similar happened. Except there it was 5th dimension craziness and not the internet.

11. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

It's very terrifying. How far should we go to defend one person's character when they didn't defend it themselves with their actions? What happens when censorship becomes allowed when everybody is doing everything right, but just shaking the status quo?

Also, what?

12. 61 No. B

some guy got jealous of some girl or something and tried to kill the guy she was with but accidentally killed the king of the fifth dimension instead and 230 worlds in the third dimension were destroyed across time as a result except for the two that weren't because kal-el and jor-el were there to save them so now dudes all mad and trying to kill clark in the past present and future at the same time. shits crazy.
    did i mention our universe came out of a purple hat?
    i forgot to mention them saving their worlds resulted in his arm becoming all weird so thats why

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  13. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Once upon a time...

http://imgur.com/a/4VOcx

WHAT THE HELL DC THAT DESCRIPTION... Kind of want to read it because it sounds wacky.

14. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Is this myth still going?

15. 61 No. B

you should read it
    [​IMG]
    and theres no shortage of torrents if youre not opposed to reading digitally

16. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Ewww I saw Anita Sarkeesian on that image, makes me want to puke.

17. Labrys King's Apprentice

18. Ghost King's Apprentice

Omg, so I went to Fish Camp and my english teacher has Chobits and Death Note plushies hanging in his room and on his bookshelf. There is also a tiny moogle on his desk and a Tardis.

19. 61 No. B

what

20. Ghost King's Apprentice

Freshman Orientation