The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Ghost King's Apprentice

I have glasses :(

2. Laurence_Fox Chaser

did the girly thing and painted my nails. Also I am seeing a local production of CATS tonight.

3. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

So adding up all the drive space in my new computer and the old hard drives/portables I used with my old computer. I have about 12TB....

Time to take over the world.

4. Ghost King's Apprentice

My mom thinks Dash is a better nickname than Shiki for a girl. She has so much to learn

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I really want to like Bravely Default. I do. But the demo just isn't selling it for me. :/

6. 61 No. B

you ever get to that place where youve been reading too much or doing too much of whatever and want to just sit back and listen to music and play some dumb video games or something and use your brain like not at all but theres nothing good to play or youre tired of it all and you cant get more than two songs into an album before changing your mind? well i've been here for a couple days. and it sucks.

7. Hayabusa Venomous

SHIT I'M LATE

Anyway, Gurren Lagann is my second favorite anime of all time (first being Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.) It essentially got me through my middle school - high school slump of disliking myself and being an introvert, because I genuinely felt a connection to Simon on his own journey through his world. It has awesome fight scenes in mechs that end up the size of several galaxies, a powerfully told message about believing in one's self and not accepting the limitations set upon you by the world around you, and THESE

[​IMG]

The English dub is just ok to me, but I say watch it in Japanese, especially for Kamina.

Kill la Kill, while not quite as well done as Gurren Lagann, is still in my top 10 of all time. It's super fun, with a stronger supporting cast than Gurren Lagann (the Four Devas, Mako, Satsuki, etc. are freaking awesome.) Fan service? Dude, generally fan service is one of the embarrassing things about anime to me (I can't stand stuff like Queen's Blade or High School of the Dead,) yet here, with girls and guys constantly bearing it all, it never felt exploitative to me, mainly because the stripping almost never weakened a character, either physically or mentally. Rather, I really liked the arguments against feeling shame about showing one's body. I will admit that the animation ranges from choppy to fucking sweet, but I didn't mind since the team was working with a more limited budget and time window. Over all, it's one of the most fun anime I've watched in years.

8. 61 No. B

Just saw that ttgl is starting on toonami tonight. So that's relevant. I like ttgl for its insane mech fights (especially at the end omg), but there's something about it that doesn't sit well with me and I can't quite put my finger on it. I've had that feeling since i watched it the first time and i still haven't gotten past it. I don't particularly care for any of the characters so maybe that's it..

9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Thank you for your input, Haya. :)

10. Hayabusa Venomous

No problem.

So, I bought Five Nights at Freddy's....so far only on Night 2....ugh the stress ;.;

11. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Oh! I also saw Lucy today with my mom. Yeah. Umm... Not even sure how to describe it.
    Can't say I've heard good things about it. Or anything really. What even is it?

12. Hayabusa Venomous

You're the new night watch at a family entertainment known for its animatronic show. Your initial job is to simply watch the cameras, but as you listen to your predecessor's voice mail, you find out that the animatronic puppets like to roam around the place at night. If they see you? You're mistaken for one of the endoskeletons and you're stuffed into a suit that will crush your bones and organs through the faceholes. You have to thus survive from 12AM to 6AM. Your power supply is limited. You have blind spots right next to your office. Everything from using the camera systems to turning on lights to (your only saving point) closing the two doors, uses power.

And you have Five Nights to do this.

13. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Ah, now I know the details. Thanks.

14. Hayabusa Venomous

The worst to me is the Fox.

The damn Fox.

IT RUNS AT YOU IF YOU DON'T WATCH IT.

YOU HAVE ONLY SECONDS TO STOP IT.

15. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I have a question: does this fox make any sort of sound?

16. Hayabusa Venomous

You hear it run, and then, if you don't close the door in time, you die in a scream.

17. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Ah, that's comforting.

18. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Today I need to pack/get stuff ready to go for the next four days and clean my fishtank.

Also, one of these days I am going to end up calling Nova 'Buckethead'. Just because of the comic book character. That just so happens to share the name.

19. Labrys King's Apprentice

No, that's a cat.

20. Antidote Façade

I'm so bored that I literally don't even have the motivation to play games, listen to music or watch a movie or something. I can't get past it and it's annoying. Sunday's are shit.