The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

You got some really good choices though dude. Grats!!! Lemme know if you enjoy Lego City Undercover, because I loved the heck out of that game.

2. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    I've played like half an hour of it whilst i was waiting for 101 to download, the writing is pretty...hit or miss, like a scene will be funny or just bad writing depending on how it sits with me. The driving is just god awful, that's a no brainer, it's like im driving actual lego. The exploration seems fun though, I'm sure it'll open up alot more once I properly sit down with it.

3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Lissen, I really can't think of a free roam action game that did driving right outside of... Nope. I admit it's bad, but it's a nonissue because there's so little driving based lose conditions. But yeah, once you spend some time and it opens up, you really get into it. A lot of the city is very intricate, the costumes are fun... it's just a cute game.

4. C This silence is mine

Did you play GTAV? Driving up mountains like they were nothing were pretty much the best part of the game.

5. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I've reached the point where I either want to scream or cry or a mixture of both. An elderly relative of mine desperately needs some sort of medical care that I cannot provide. The ambulance was just over there. They cannot take her against her will and she refused. So they're going to call social services and report this and we also need to call social services.

I agree she needs some sort of care. And she just thinks that we're going to run over when she calls. But we all work. We can't run over there to help her to the bathroom at 4 in the morning.

Something needs to be done. And Dad won't make any sort of decision regarding his mother.

I don't know if she's trying to die or if she's just being stubborn and lazy. Probably both.

6. 61 No. B

My family's going through the same scenario right now. She insists that she's capable of taking care of herself and refuses help, but will then lay in bed for three days straight because she can't get up and calls people over to bring her crackers. Luckily my aunt who lives close to her (we don't) is a teacher and has been able to do this, but when school starts it's not possible. I was there for a month or so doing this. It's extremely frustrating trying to help a person who won't try to help themselves, or won't admit that they're unable to. And understandably, nobody wants to make the tough decisions. If she would at least be honest and not put on a show when she sees the doctor, this would all be less aggravating.

7. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I didn't yet, actually.

8. Laurence_Fox Chaser

It's just a lot of stress on all of us. We try and get her help and she refuses. But now it's to the point that social services is going to get involved. But she's her own person and more than capable of getting up and about on her own. She has everything she needs in that house. She gets food during the week and we try to bring her food on the weekends. [ The meatloaf I brought her was still there this morning. Had to throw it out. ]

But if she can't or won't get up to get to the bathroom. It's not a good situation. The EMTs agreed with that much. I cannot live there if she's smoking. It's not good for my health even if she doesn't give a rat's ass about herself anymore.

She's always been difficult for as long as I can recall. She'll call me at work wanting me to leave to bring her a soda or something. And I tell her I can't because I'm at work and I cannot leave my job. So then she gets real snide with me and hangs up. Like she's trying to guilt me into trying.

9. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Crackdown, best driving evar.

10. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I don't remember the Crackdown driving. The thing about driving in games that's always hard is they always go for realism when they should just aim for control and making it believable (as in not like the Mako :P )

11. 61 No. B

rant: it bugs me when people call comics graphic novels as if they're 'above' reading a comic. they're two different things. don't do it people.

someone was criticising me because i was eating bbq sauce with fries. f off you dont understand this love

12. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Guys, I need your help.

The majority of the tumblr Teen Wolf fandom is planning on boycotting the show tonight. I'm not totally clear as to why. Something about how the cast members read excerpts of fanfiction at comic-con. (And they did so in a very non-mocking way.) But this is the same cast that has to endure death threats and racist comments. Certain cast members have gotten death threats because their characters get in the way of their precious ships. And I know Tyler Posey has to endure a lot of racist comments.

I'm asking you to tune into Teen Wolf tonight in a hour's time( 9pm Central) and help both the cast members and the behind the scenes people who make the show possible. Even if you don't plan on watching it, just tune a tv, any tv in your home, to MTV. And tell your friends to do the same.

EDIT: You can also watch on MTV.com or just have it open in a tab.

I'd hate to see this show cut short because of something blown out of proportion. Say what you will about Jeff Davis but the other people involved with this show do not deserve to lose their jobs over something as petty as this.

EDIT: This is the majority of the reasoning behind the blackout.

Cast members at Q&A panels have every right to refuse to answer a question. They have every right to refuse to even acknowledge a question. I know I wouldn't want to answer a question about shipping when there are things I'd rather answer. I know Posey's standpoint on shipping is pretty much: 'If you're watching for shipping, you probably are watching for the wrong reason.' It's like making a cake and just eating the icing off of said cake. You are ignoring the plot and the characters and waiting for something to happen that could not happen.

I'm planning on watching tonight because this whole thing has been blown out of proportion. It's absolutely ridiculous and amounts to 'Wah, they didn't answer my question. I'm not happy anymore!'

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  13. 61 No. B

watching assault on arkham. so that's troy baker? i gotta say i dont like how he's just emulating hamill. do your own thing

14. Hayabusa Venomous

It's to satisfy the producers, not so much his fault. They're the ones who want to stick with what people know (same reason why Arkham Origins even exists)

15. 61 No. B

reading fairy tail after reading some cassandra cain feels like watching batman 89 after the dark knight.
    thats kinda my opinion of manga in general to be completely honest

so like did KS leave? like legit leave? is that what that thread was about? i couldn't tell if he was joking or serious or being his usual self. was there a reason or did he just get tired of the place?[DOUBLEPOST=1406658575][/DOUBLEPOST]
    when i didnt get a tracking number and was given a two week window with the earliest being thursday i was fully prepared to suffer through the longest possible wait. but getting it early. oh man. and when it's something highly anticipated. what a wonderful feeling.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  16. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Finished Remember Me, good game.

I'd like clarification on Below's question- Did KS leave?

17. 61 No. B

Anyone here like Hitman Reborn? Well you shouldn't. It is absolute garbage.
    It is appalling to me that there is a standard where something like that is considered acceptable, much less good.

18. Antidote Façade

I like it, and I'm pretty sure Accelerator does too. What makes it appalling?

19. Hayabusa Venomous

So I accidentally read Coma's name as Obama.

I should sleep now.

20. Antidote Façade

[​IMG]