The KHV Fitness Challenge Summer 2k16

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Fearless, May 22, 2016.

1. Fearless A good and beautiful child

SUP NERDS.

DO YOU WANNA GET BUFF?! OF COURSE YOU DO. EVERYONE WANTS TO BE ABLE TO BENCH PRESS A LOG. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

IF RIKU CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU!

But yeah, one of my goals this summer is to lose like 10 pounds and get buff as hell. So, I thought it would be fun to see if anyone else wants to get buff with me!

I don't want this to be super intensive or strict. This is supposed to be fun for all involved. Just post your goals, how you plan to achieve them, and what kind of diet and exercise you're doing. Maybe a once a week update on how you're doing.
    (Plus, telling someone you're gonna do something makes you more likely to actually do it, so I hear.)

For example;

Fearless's Goals - May 22nd

Starting Weight: 148 lbs
    Goal Weight: 135 lbs

Lost this week: 0 lbs

Secondary Goal: I don't know how to measure how buff I get but my arms still look kinda flabby so.

Exercise this week: ZOMBIES RUN ALL THE TIME, and 10 push ups every day. Also, my job requires a lot of walking/standing, to the tune of my pedometer saying I walk 3k every day.

Diet this week: Pretty crap tbh. I started out good, counting calories and such, but by the end it was just pizza and cookies.

Overall: They say not to expect any change in the first week, but that's still vaguely disappointing that nothing's happened. Hopefully by next week I'll see some difference. I had a lot of shit happen this week so that might be a factor.

You don't have to put all this crap if you don't want to. You can use the format I'm using or you can make up your own. Just get out there and do some stuff!

LET'S GET BUFF 2K16

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helpful Links! (all this stuff is stuff I use/have used to a certain extent, and also it's all free)

https://beagamecharacter.com/ - A neat blog where this dude plans out different workouts for different game characters.
    https://youtu.be/ 35Zjvgv5tr4 - Kingdom Hearts Fitness program. They have ones for other games as well.
    http://darebee.com/ - Less video game oriented than the other two, but they have a ton of different programs you can try (including an RPG fitness game). They also have dieting stuff and a forum.

2. Misty gimme kiss

I'm trying to start running again. I don't have a goal weight or anything because I'm happy with my current weight, I just want to be a little more active. When I was running before I cut my mile time down to like 8 minutes (doesn't sound very impressive but I started at 11 or 12). I ran a 10.5 min mile when I went Friday night, gonna try to go again tonight.

3. Hayabusa Venomous

I've been trying to not necessarily lose weight, but convert at least a bit of my fat into muscle for Phoenix Comicon (first week of June) and Anime Expo (first week of July.)

Part of my motivation is my girlfriend doing something similar but much more involved, including ordering a meal plan.

My routine's pretty simple and honestly doesn't take up that much time: 40 push-ups, 40 sit-ups. I'm also starting to walk/jog again for half an hour each day, though yesterday I skipped that due to basically a full 9-5 day of moving furniture for a friend.

Diet-wise, I've been pretty decent at cutting out soda (only once or twice a week) but I really don't care for counting calories for myself. Totally a me-thing. I'm just guessing that my workouts burn enough calories that I don't have to worry, and I don't eat that much bad food anyway.

It's just an issue of committing to it: I was pretty good at doing the workout every weekday once the Spring semester had ended, but admittedly I've been a bit more lazy and was doing it every other day, be it due to being worn out from hanging out with friends again, or other things.

Oh yeah, trying to throw in a few pull-ups, but they're incredibly tough these days. Back in high school, I was able to do 3x to 4x as many without feeling worn out. Yesterday, I only hit five...hoping to get back to at least 15 before July.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I had just started working out this month, got 3 days in, then stopped because my arms and legs were so sore I literally couldn't bend them past 90 degrees. After 2 days of rest, I worked out again, went to the ENT, and found out I needed surgery, being told I couldn't do any sort of heavy lifting, sports, swimming, etc. etc. for a few weeks after doing it. So yeah, my workout has pretty much been ruined after trying to get back into it after a year. Maybe July will do better for me

5. Ghost King's Apprentice

I had to do it but i cringe

6. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

i'm trying to lose some weights (don't know how much) or at least get taller. i changed my diet so i won't be eating any beef, pork, and high sodium food. beginning of june i will go and exercise to work on my lower body (30 min running, 20 jackknives, 10 sit-ups, and yoga poses). hoping to make progress before fall.

7. Arch Mana Knight

Do you even lift?

[​IMG]

8. Misty gimme kiss

Does anyone use Nike+ Running? Or really any running apps. Back when I started Nike+ was like... the thing but idk what's out there now

9. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Cut down too much on protein or salt and you'll be in trouble very quickly. Sticking to chicken and fish is perfectly fine (or just chicken if you don't eat fish), but you have to remember that exercising makes you lose sodium in your body through sweat. Some people lose more than others depending on how much you sweat, so just try to keep it on a safe level.

10. 61 No. B

i lost 70 pounds in half a year by cutting out as much non fruit sugar as possible, walking more, and eating less. losing weight aint complicated. unfortunately ive gone up some since classes ended so the lesson here is self control and no slacking are the mf key no joke

as for muscels what are those? not even sure i speller it right

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  11. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'm not fat per se, but I have a tummy and my sides right above my hips puff out. I want a flat stomach and flat sides!

12. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I use Zombies Run and it's aMAZING. It's basically zombies chasing you, there's a story mode, and you can listen to music. Also it's free.
    I hear MasakoX now and all I can think of is Goku.

13. Ghost King's Apprentice

14. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

This. Cutting out extra sugar makes life 1000x times easier, and it is also one of the more safe ways to do things. Cutting out protein, carbs, and fats is just laughably stupid. Macro-nutrients are very important, and cutting one of them out isn't the quick way to lose weight. I can't even begin to count how many times people have thought that cutting out fat or carbs is the way to "lose weight and get healthy." Of course that doesn't mean that cutting out red meat is a terrible idea. For example back when I was absurdly obsessed with fitness (running close to 10-15 miles 5 days a week) I ate mainly chicken as one of my sources of protein, and it worked out very well for me. I got my carbs, fats, and proteins all in safe and balanced numbers, and did my best to be rid of any extra sugar. The other thing to keep in mind is that unless you (you meaning whoever is reading this) actually WANT to exercise or eat healthy, you are going to have a very bad time. it was only once I found great joy in exercising/health did I make any decent long term goals.

I've used various apps for tracking thing in the past, but during my most successful period I just found a routine that both felt right, and it was something that I knew worked in the long term. The best stuff I've used (unfortunately) involve gym equipment when you punch in your info and whatnot, although to many that stuff can get boring since you are basically just running or walking in place for like an hour or so. Wish I could help more, but yeah that's my experience with that kind of stuff.

15. Misty gimme kiss

i have negative one billion interest in zombies run
    i'm not looking for fitness routines or anything. I'd really just like something that keeps track of how fast i'm running and ****

anyway I'm trying Google fit right now

16. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Well if you can honestly put up with cardio equipment at a gym, then I would go with that. The tracking can be disturbingly precise. For a few months I was mapping out my weight loss, among other things and thanks to the tracking on the cardio equipment I was accurate most of the time.

17. 61 No. B

adding this to my expression bucket tyvm

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Amen to that

19. 61 No. B

i main tuna

20. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Fearless's Goals - May 29th

Starting Weight: 148 lbs
    Current Weight: 147 lbs
    Goal Weight: 135 lbs

Lost this week: ~1 lb

Secondary Goal: Arms are still kinda flabby. Needs moar push ups.

Exercise this week: ZOMBIES RUN i don't even care i love it. Push ups most every day. And about 2-3 km on my pedometer every day I work (which is 4 days a week)

Diet this week: Unfortunately, still pretty crap. I need to get it together, but it's hard when there's holidays and such.

Overall: About the same as last week, if I'm honest, but I have finally started to lose a little weight, so that's good. It's a start, anyway.