Struggling With Your Sexual Orientation?

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Mike, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Mike Chaser

Last year I wrote a thread in here about my sexual orientation and how I wasn't sure of who I was. I felt insecure, but there was a lot of members who helped me out and gave encouraging advice.

Within the past two years, I've came out to my friends, family, co-workers, etc. Since that time of coming out, I've interviewed Judy Shepard about erasing hate, and met a guy that I really care about, who I've been dating since May of this year.

I've been creating videos since May about my coming out process. I feel it is my time to also help out others.

Hopefully some of these videos will send out a positive message.

2. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Oh how much did I miss?

Well, I don't know what to say. I'm just really proud and glad for you, Mike. I remember last year's threads and the other ones, too. I remember how you were feeling and everything. I wanted to say how much I found myself in your position, I wanted to say I was kind of feeling the same you were but I couldn't find a way to say so (mainly because my stupid English, but gladly it's a lot better now). I wanted to say how much your videos helped me think about a lot of things back then. Regarding friends, regarding what really matters at the end of the day, regarding my depression and what I should do next. It was/is/has been hard, yeah, but I think I made my decision. You are an important piece in my life regarding sexual orientation and growing up with it process. I think after thinking for a long time, I've decided I'm not gay. Until now, though, I think about it over and over, I still make myself confused and maybe I still don't know who I am, although I've done so many things... but I think I've made up my mind, but... Agh, well. There it is a loooooooooong story and I can't write it here.
    Well, enough about me because I know we aren't getting anywhere (but we sure could chat more later!). It's a looong story and this paragraph isn't even 1/10 of everything I've been through.

Learning who you are is a difficult step in someone's life. I'm sorry I probably wasn't here when you needed, but I'm glad everything is great now. Taking a new step forward everyday is the way to go! I'm really happy you've found and accepted yourself. Your boyfriend is a lucky guy. I wish the best to both of you!

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Looks like you've chosen the male path, because the last time we talked about this, you said you were bisexual. I'm very proud of you, Mike, and you'll always have my full support! You should indeed be happy with who you are and you shouldn't let anyone take that away.

In regards to the whole thing with people saying that because you liked Britney Spears, you were homosexual, that doesn't really make sense. You're a male and like Britney Spears, who's a female, so yeah, haha! I mean, obviously homosexual males can like Britney Spears or whatever other female celebrities, but how someone can make the connection that males plus Britney Spears equals homosexual, I'll never know. It's derogatory, though.

In regards to losing friends, who knows? Maybe it wasn't because of your sexuality and they were generally never your friends to begin with.

In any case, again, I am proud of you. Never change who you are!

4. Mike Chaser

Thank you! That means a lot coming from you two!