Statistics has finally gotten hard

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Iskandar, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Lucky for me it's only the last two chapters that go over my head, but I still need to make sure I understand them for the test next week. All of this stuff with confidence intervals, Student t, and all that crap is so confusing, especially when all of the formulas seem so similar. I'm worried I'll be spending too much time trying to figure out if I'm using the right formula on the test next week instead of actually doing the question. Oh, and all that stuff with finding crap the critical value, forget that.

2. Arch Mana Knight

I wasn't good at statistics until after I started to tutor it. Then I got really good.

3. Misty gimme kiss

when I took stats we were allowed to bring a note card to every test with formulas and ****. also I got exempt from the final. I don't remember anything from that and I have no idea how it was considered a legitimate course because it was so damn easy

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

We can use our books, homework, and anything else, but our test is online and take it from home, so it's not like there's anything keeping us from using them anyways. And it's only this last few chapters that are hard. Everything else was so easy. It's just everything to do with confidence intervals, critical intervals or whatever they were called, and all that stuff with p-values and chi-squared stuff and all that. Luckily for me once I get done with it, I don't have to worry about it ever again.

5. 61 No. B

my intro logic class just did the same thing
    every single thing up until now has been stupid easy to the point where i stopped doing the work and aced everything. suddenly i dont know wtf is going on anymore and everyone did so bad on the last test he's just gonna throw the grade out and replace it with a new one. getting the hang of it now though. not too hard but it requires a lot of practice to get good.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I've always been good at practical applications, which is why my DIGM classes have been so easy, but when it comes to a lot of stuff that uses theoretical things, like "you use this because of this, which leads to this" but it's not very clear about it, it just goes over my head. Like my marketing class, which I'll most definitely be getting a C in. And I'll be surprised if I do any better in my Texas Government in the summer either. I just want to keep my GPA above 3.5 at least one more semester so I can claim I was on the Dean's List for two semesters or more in a row