Square-Enix Square trademarks "Prequel Trilogy" for one of their franchises

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. libregkd -

2. Antidote Façade

Ugh, please no. Not more FF (ESPECIALLY Lightning related). I really wish they would go back to other greats like Grandia, Star Ocean and the Chrono series or something. Of course if there was anything logical, they would go against it and be like, "lets keep milking our number one gal, Lightning! Everyone wants more Lightning, right?" :|

3. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I wouldn't have a problem with a FFXIII prequel (As long as it has Fang fufu) but if anything, I could see them making a FFX prequel if what they're referring to is FF.

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Grandia is owned by Game Arts, not Square Enix. They have no say in anything Grandia.

5. C This silence is mine

I'm really hoping they will finally make that FFX prequel everybody's wanted. Three of them might be a bit overkill though.

6. Plums Wakanda Forever

A prequel for one of the FF games could be interesting, but a trilogy of them definitely sounds way too overboard/ambitious. Haven't played any FFs aside from XII so idk how well they could work with certain games in the series, lol. Hopefully KH isn't the series getting the prequels though; BBS did a good enough job of that imo, and with KH3 somewhere in some form of development, we'll probably get plenty of info on what the Keyblade War entailed & all that.

7. Antidote Façade

Oh you're right, SE only published Grandia III. Woops. My bad.

Well Star Ocean and the Chrono series would still be good to go back to then.

8. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I could maybe see two games for FFX at a stretch(The original war and then Jecht's story) but three is a bit much. Three is a bit much for any FF title, so I'm thinking it won't be FF but one of their other franchises. The Mana series comes to mind but I think it's had enough prequels.

9. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I just don't think SE would invest three titles in any series except FF at this point...

10. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I'm thinking that too but I can't see any of their current FF games that could accommodate a prequel trilogy. Then again...this is SE we're talking about and they do what they want. I'm just a bit wary of what they'll come out with. Crisis Core was a fantastic game but I disliked how they changed some of the events that happened in FFVII to fit into Crisis Core.

11. C This silence is mine

Speaking of Crisis Core, they could potentially make three prequels for that game. One focusing on Sepiroth, one on Angeal and one on Genesis. Although it seems even Square is a bit over the FFVII craze, but who knows.

It would be funny if "Prequel Trilogy" was the name of a new IP of theirs. It would fit in well with other terrible names like Bravely Default.

12. Patman Bof

I would hope for a new Star Ocean or better yet, a new Valkyrie Profile (prequels look like the only option left for both series), but although I do believe the trilogy approach would be totally viable for both I doubt SE is as confident as I am on that one. What is Tri-Ace doing nowadays anyway ? Haven' t heard of them ever since they showed off their new engine.

If it' s not too much to ask I' d rather have them finish that story first.

13. C This silence is mine

Well, they were helping Square with the battle systems for XIII-2 and Lightning Returns. That's pretty much all they've been doing since Resonance of Fate, so it's pretty safe to assume that tri-ace is basically dead.

14. libregkd -

15. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

TWEWY PREQUELS YEEEE /brick'd

With any luck, it actually will be one of their earlier, beloved cult hits. Maybe it's a follow-up to one of the SE execs looking at BrD sales overseas and going "Oh wow people actually like this st."

Ew that sounds kinda naughty

16. A Zebra Chaser

So uh
    doesn't something to do with Tomb Raider make the most sense?

17. libregkd -

18. A Zebra Chaser

19. libregkd -

20. libregkd -