Birth by Sleep (Spoilers for end of BBS) Xehanort Eye colour?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by phoenixkh93, Jan 23, 2012.

1. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

I think pretty much everyone knows the ending by now so I'm not sure if I need to spoiler the title, but better safe then sorry, ay?

So why does Terranort have different colour eyes when he first gets grand theft bodied, to when he becomes Ansem the Wise's apprentice?

[​IMG]

He has very obviously yellow/gold eyes at first, and as MX, Ansem SoD, and Xemnas as well. So why is he all brown eyed a little later on?
    I have a bit of a theory, in that the yellow eyes are a symbol of the evil in him. Then when he looses his memory he kinda forgets his evil-ness. I mean he's still a bit of a mardy-bum at this point but the evil inside him hasn't awoken yet, not until he starts the experiments into the heart.

This also ties into the theory about Mysterious Figure being some form of Xehanort. I believe Nomura said in a recent interview that the 'golden-eyed man' in the KH 3D trailer was infact MF. Golden eyes indeed. Thoughts?

2. Rhiscx Banned

Your theory is quite close if not on the mark. The eyes are gold if one is using/taken by the darkness. His eyes are brown as Ansem's apprentice because as you said, lost his memory of using the darkness. However, if you remember when Xehanort is first found in Radiant Garden, his eyes are still golden.
    [​IMG]

Before anyone asks why Riku's eyes aren't golden, it is probably because Riku actually controls it rather than it consuming him.

3. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Maybe that's because they hadn't changed character model yet, and couldn't be bothered to do brown eyes for that one scene? Or perhaps he still had his memories, just before he passed out, and then that's when he lost his memories? He still has normal ears at that point too, as opposed to the pointy ears of evil he gets along with the brown eyes.

4. Patman Bof

Riku' s control over the darkness was fairly shaky at times though, and neither Riku nor Terra ever grew yellow eyes when they used the darkness.

Have you ever heard that "eyes are a window to the soul" ? In KH soul = heart.
    I suppose Terranort' s eye color is a clue regarding who has the most grip over his heart at the moment.
    Yellow eyes would mean that Xehanort is in control, whereas brown eyes could be some kind of middle-ground (or a sign that Eraqus is the one in control ?).

5. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Ooooh Eraqus! This just got more interesting :P

6. Rhiscx Banned

Not a bad thought, but I don't believe that can be applied to everyone. When Riku uses the Xehanort's heartless appearance, the eyes are still yellow, and I really can't see that as meaning Xehanort is in control.

And yes dear Eraqus, I hope he is seen again in a future game.

7. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I always thought that the golden eye thing was a connection to just the darkness itself as demonstrated in the intro the the bbs game Terra's eyes turn gold at the end, I thought that was a tell tail sign that darkness would eventually take over him, even before I knew the storyline I guessed that by just seeing the eye change thing coz of my theory, maybe it was just a lucky guess

8. Patman Bof

Ah yes, I totally forgot that. Makes me wonder if Xehanort was born with yellow eyes or not (and how much of a dummy Eraqus was for trusting a yellow-eyed Xehanort).

9. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

I don't doubt he will turn up again. 'Eraqus you sly fox' and all that. I bet there will be a big happy reunion for all the main characters at the end of the series.

Let's be honest, Master Xahanort, yellow eyes or not, is possibly THE most obviously evil looking person in the history of everything. How Terra and Eraqus trusted him even one little bit is a mystery. But then again, Terra did go up to Malefecent and be all like 'haii let's be fwends'. Maybe Terra is just not a very good judge of character.

But yeah I think he was possibly born with yellow eyes. He has them on the character model of him when he was young, before he left Destiny Islands. But than again this could be that the devs weren't expecting us to actually see his eye colour (or his face at all) so just kept him with the same face, I don't know.

10. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Yes, I believe what most of you told, yellow eyes probably means Darkness.

Good point, something interesting has gotten my attention. The interesting is... Soul and Heart are two different things in Kingdom Hearts. But isn't bad to your theory, it can still apply. As said in Secret Ansem Reports (DiZ's reports from KHII), three basic elements are needed to create a life. Body, Soul and Heart. When the Heart leaves the Body and the Soul, the Soul, which is the will of the person, take over control the body and seek its needs, most likely a Heart again. So applying to the theory, the Darkness has gotten the will of the person.

Remembering of Riku in the first Kingdom Hearts, it can means that as Rhiscx said, he is more using it (with control) than being consumed by it. Maybe was the body which was being consumed by the Darkness, that's the why he changed to Dark-Riku. He uses the Darkness around and consume to change to Dark-Riku, though (as show in KHre:CoM) he has control over this Darkness (which means his will isn't being consume by it), and his heart were still strong enough to fight with the Darkness.

That's my theory, though. What do you guys think?

11. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Actually, Riku's eyes were golden.

At least, if you looked closely after he returns to his normal self in KH2.

12. Patman Bof

This has Star Wars written all over it. At first Yoda couldn' t believe that a spiky-headed and scarred Jedi wielding a red saber was actually a Sith. Not to mention every freaking Jedi kissing the Emperor' s ass everyday. Later on, in the books, Luke Skywalker used a Force Detector on his pupils. He didn' t understand why one of them was displayed in red while all the others were displayed in blue.

Wasn' t Eraqus dubbed by Mark Hamill ? :lolface:

13. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

:blink:

Oh well, so this means his Soul was still in control. (I think)

14. Rhiscx Banned

Image please? I'm having difficulty remebering this.

15. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I can't remember either... The far I remember is that he changed to Dark-Riku (Riku-Ansem) in Hollow Bastion, and then he changed back in Kingdom Hearts.

16. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Yeah I don't remember this either. I'm pretty certain he had blue eyes the whole time as Riku. In fact I distinctly remember him having blue eyes during the bit where he takes his blindfold off. Hang on a second, did he have the blindfold on BECAUSE he had gold eyes? I was always confused about that. Is that why Mickey said 'His eyes couldn't lie'? Because it would show he still had the darkness inside him?

No way...

[​IMG]

I think we have a new theory here guys. Master Xehanort IS Terra's farther! (nooooo!) *shot*