So, I Kinda Lost It

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Scarred Nobody, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Okay, so I have this aunt on Facebook. She's an ultra conservative who subscribes to this website called the Conservative Tribune. She constantly posts the articles, to which I decide to read, then get upset at how ass-backwards the writer sounds.

And, of course, they had to a whole "War on Christmas" thing. I read it, and got pissed. I'm advised to not respond to her, for it'll cause some stuff in my family, but it's okay to write it on my own page.

So, this is what I put.

Looks like it's that time of year again...

For those who actually believe there is a War on Christmas, stop. Just stop. That is just a stupid thing to get behind.

Me, I love Christmas. It's a great time of year. It brings people together and have them celebrate family and the past year. This happens with any other holiday this time of year.

Are you seriously going to get offended because a store clerk tells you "Happy Holidays"? That kind of makes you the person who stand outside Jewish temples and sing Holiday songs in German. No one likes that person.

It's not because "the evil PC culture is taking over everything" crap. They understand that people come from different backgrounds, cultures, or whatever, and want to be respectful. You are a grown-ass adult; start acting like it. The world doesn't revolve around you.

If someone says "Merry Christmas" to me, I'll say it right back. If someone says "Happy Holidays", I'll say it back to them. Hell, even "Happy Hanukkah" will get me saying the same back. They all say something different, but they mean the same exact thing.

PS: If you're upset that stores are going to be open on Christmas, let me ask you this: Are you one of those people who go to the Black Friday sales ON Thanksgiving?

Just needed to let some steam out.

Bleh.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Since when was there a war on Christmas? Hell, even WWI had the Christmas cease-fire, which is an awesome story by the way. I doubt anywhere had any wars on Christmas, unless you're counting people that might have fought before anyone really knew what Christmas was...so maybe in ancient egypt. Wait, was Christmas around then? When did Christmas even start to be a thing?

3. Patman Bof

4. Trigger hewwo uwu

I agree 100%. I love this time of year for all the holiday cheer it brings. I'm Atheist and I still celebrate Christmas with my family just because it's a great time to get together with the ones you love.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I think we need to wait for Thanksgiving to pass to fully call it the "Time of Christmas".

Heck, even Wal-Mart was selling Christmas stuff on Halloween. I kid you not, i went to buy candy to hand out, and all the isles that had Halloween candy were gone and filled the the brim with Christmas stuff

6. Trigger hewwo uwu

Eh, all it takes for me to get my Christmas spirit going is some snow. Plus Thanksgiving is in like a week c:

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I want snow
    [​IMG]

And I don't care if it's 2 days away. Until it passes, it's not that time of year yet

8. Hayabusa Venomous

So....for a time of merriment and joy...people respond by being dicks?

Yup sounds right for people.

9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

War on Christmas, eh? So does that make this a Christmas song?
    What if you're in Germany?

10. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I just want to say that the stores/the employees don't decide when to put merchandise out. It's the corporate offices that decide in the case of the big names like Target and Walmart. And they know that Christmas stuff will sell and it isn't perishable. So why not get it out on the shelves where people will buy it because holy crap, they're going to need it eventually?

And the cashiers are likely told to say something akin to 'Happy Holidays'. Since, yeah, we have to be PC about it lest we offend someone and ruin someone's day/make us lose a sale.

11. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

preach

12. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

It depends; are they also goose-stepping?

13. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Could be. What if there is a rapping Hitler? Or a flamboyant Hitler? Or a Starfish Hitler?

14. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

[​IMG]

15. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Yay~! 1 out of 3 references understood! CONGRATURAIONS! YOU PROVED THE JUSTICE OF OUR CULTURE!

16. Patman Bof

Now that you mention it, I' ve never been instructed to say anything in particular. I did say merry Christmas to everyone, but only on Christmas eve. The shop was never opened on Christmas day, though every year without fail we' d get calls from lonely old folks asking us if we would be. That was a bit depressing. Never heard anyone complain about the French word for Christmas so far, but then in spite of its christian roots it' s more evocative of Santa.

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Actually, I had to work on the register on Christmas Eve, since my legs were messed up that day, and I just said "Merry Christmas".

18. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

"Happy holidays" is a bad expression. It's so PC and sterile that it expresses no real meaning. I'd much rather hear "Merry Christmas, " "Happy Hanukkah," "Happy Kwanzaa, " or whatever other festive phrase is being thrown around this time of year. Those are sincere and unabridged, which is how the holiday season should be.

Despite all that, to say that there's a war on Christmas is ridiculous. And even if there were, then so what? Celebrate in your own way. You don't need other people to celebrate a religious holiday. Religion is very much a personal thing, so by that very line of thinking you should do your own thing.

19. Fearless A good and beautiful child

At this point, the holidays are way past being a religious thing.

20. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Very true. But those individuals who want it to be a religious thing should act like it and cut out the consumerism.