So I finally finished a game again

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Iskandar, May 23, 2015.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

This time it was the Megaman Zero Collection, and I probably won't be keeping this one now that I beat it. I remember buying it because I wanted to finally beat the games and understand the story a little more, but I do not seem to be a fan of those games. But for some reason I enjoyed ZX and ZX Advent, so I wonder why the Zero Collection doesn't interest me as much

2. Hayabusa Venomous

The feel of having never finished a game for months and then finally getting to the end of one is great.

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I've been far too busy to play video games...

4. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I've always imagined this is what having blue balls feels like.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Or as it's called into a book I started reading "Procrastinatious Extrodinarious"

6. Stardust Chaser

I'm a huge fan of Mega Man X and I'm just sorta lukewarm about the Zero series myself haha (I actually have not played ZX/Advent). You might enjoy X more?

As for the story... The Zero series in particular iirc had a story with a lot of interesting potential, but it was presented in a way that made it confusing or even seem like kind of an afterthought. I believe part of the problem was that Inti Creates was apprehensive about Keiji Inafune's initial idea for the game's story, and they ended up changing some things around last-minute -- Plus, Capcom made Mega Man X6 without Inafune's knowledge after X5 was the intended finale for that series, so Zero (as its followup) had to be altered to preserve continuity. Probably not worth it as X6 is comical in its lack of regard for canon continuity, but... Lol.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I've tried to get as much info on the series as possible, but I've only ever played Zero and ZX. I know the basic structure of ZX Advent story, but I found that it seemed to get the story across more than the Zero games did. If nothing else the zero games at least have something that leads into ZX/Advent