RP Section News

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Jayn, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:
    8:06 AM
    [​IMG]

Hello again! You might remember this from the last time the role play arena changed. In this thread, you'll pretty much just find information on where things are and what's changed. Yay.

✦ First of all, our home is now the Creativity Corner instead of Fun and Games. We'll still have fun here, though.

✦ The Role Play Arena subforums have been changed. Not to worry. We now have the usual OOC Lounge, Discussion and Original Role Play which has taken the place of Fantasy/Sci-Fi. That means that we have lost the Crossover and Extended section due to inactivity. Crossover threads will now go in the Main Role Play Arena and Extended can be posted as a normal role play.

✦ This is where the new prefixes come in! The current prefixes for the main RP section are:

Video Game - Use this prefix if your role play is based on a video game series.
    General - Use this prefix if your role play is miscellaneous, or doesn't belong in any of the created sections.
    Anime/Manga - Use this prefix if your role play is based off of an anime or manga series.
    Real Life - Use this prefix if your role play is based around real life such as school or family lifestyle. Just realistic in general. These can also go in Original RP without a prefix.
    Movies/Media - Use this prefix if your role play is based off of a movie, book or TV show/webseries, etc.
    Crossover - Use this prefix if your role play involves characters from multi-series coming together.
    Kingdom Hearts - Use this prefix if your role play has to do with anything Kingdom Hearts game/etc.
    Advanced - Use this prefix if your role play is advanced, complicated plot lines, and higher expectations. This prefix will be REMOVED if the RP is not actually advanced.

In an attempt to keep things organized, I ask that when you create a new role play in the main section, please use the prefixes.

HOW TO SEARCH BY PREFIX:

Did you know you can also search by prefixes? This makes it easy if you want to find a specific type of role play based on prefix.

For example, let's say I really like Real Life themed role plays, so that's all I want to show up when I go into the main RP section.

First, I would click on Search Forum and Advanced Search.
    [​IMG]

Scroll down to Search by Prefix.
    [​IMG]

Once I select 'Real Life' and hit okay, only role plays with the 'Real Life' prefix will appear.
    [​IMG]

Role Play Idol now has it's own section!

RP posts over a certain amount of characters now count. [6/16/12]

1x1 RPs are now allowed. [8/19/12]

An ADVANCED RP prefix has been added. [9/24/12]

I know all of this can be...confusing at first. So don't hesitate to contact me and ask questions. If you have any further suggestions please post them; here.
    SynK, KHGrl15 and Sebax like this.
  2. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:
    Bumping powers activate.
    SynK likes this.
  3. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:
    Just went by and locked a bunch of inactive OOC threads.
    If your main RP is still active and unlocked and you need your OOC opened, let me know.
    If your RP never started and you still want to discuss things, let me know know.

Otherwiseee. From now on, please try to keep your OOC threads as active as your Main RP threads (or at least post in it once in a while). It gets a bit difficult to tell what OOC threads need to be locked. I'll now be locking OOC threads that have gone over a month with no posts regularly.

SynK likes this.
  4. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:
    Bump. So, as discussed here, RP posts over a certain character limit now count. More details can be found here. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

[​IMG]

SynK likes this.
  5. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:
    The rules have been updated. Please give it a look. Summary:

> 1 x 1 RPs are temporarily allowed as a test run.
    > If you make an OOC thread with your RP, you MUST link to the main thread in the OP for organizational purposes. Thank youuu.
    > THE RPA (post count) MOD SHOULD WORK NOW.
    SynK and Midnight Star like this.
  6. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:
    An Advanced prefix tag has now been added to both the main section and Original RP. The rules have been updated to reflect that.
    SynK, Sebax and Bushy like this.
  7. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:
    The rules have been updated upon multiple requests.
    SynK and Plums like this.
  8. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:
    Hey, guys! I am noticing an influx of 'Advanced' role plays. It seems like there's a bit if confusion on to when or when not to use the Advanced tag, and instead of just removing it without a word, I decided to put together a neat little checklist for you! As some of you know, the 'advanced' prefix is a replacement for the extended section. The extended section was basically a place for role plays that required more out of you as a role player. Before you add the 'Advanced' prefix, try filling this out;

IS YOUR ROLE PLAY ADVANCED?

[ ] Does your role play have a unique story or style not often found on KH-Vids?
    [ ] Does your role play go above and beyond average role play expectations?
    [ ] On average, will the participants in your role play be required to make detailed filled and/or time consuming posts? (This is a big one--if I view your thread and see an average of one liners to one paragraph posts, I will most likely remove the tag).
    [ ] Does your role play require thinking outside of the box or extensive thought not usually required in a KH-Vids role play?
    [ ] Does your role play require the participants to do something that average role plays do not?
    [ ] Is a larger amount of effort and dedication required in your role play than other role plays on KH-Vids?

If you can mark off 4+ of these (and has an average of quality posts), then your role play is Advanced! If the Advanced tag is removed from your role play, please PM me explaining which of these things apply to your role play and showing me examples. Be prepared to answer any questions I may have in detail (don't worry, it will be friendly and casual--I won't bite you). Obviously, I am not apart of every role play on KH-Vids and therefore may need some extra explanation / examples that I can't gather simply from skimming and moderating. If the Advanced tag is removed, do not be offended or take it personally, just talk to me and show me what's 'advanced' or 'extensive' about it, and everything will be dandy. An 'Advanced' tag is useless to those who search it, after all, if non-advanced role plays are put under the tag. 8)

Thank you very much for your time!
    SynK, -Xero-, Sebax and 5 others like this.
  9. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:
    [​IMG]

[[ coming someday maybe ]]

SynK, Sebax, Killian Jones and 3 others like this.
  10. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:
    Hey guys, just letting those of you who don't know that this problem has been fixed! That means you can delete short posts without losing post count. If you have anymore problems with it please let myself or Misty know. This also means I'll be able to moderate normally again without ruining your post counts, yay!
  11. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:
    I have updated the RP Advertisements thread and revamped it to become an RP Directory.

Use the directory to advertise your or someone else's role play, and to find new role plays to join. There are a lot new sections and the OP is fuller and hopefully more useful.

What's New?

Featured Role Plays

A featured role play will get a special advertisement in the directory, a Role Play Arena wide advertisement [ announcement at the top of the RP forums like the one for the KHV Awards ], and there's also a pin in the works to reward the creator of the role play! The role play will be featured for a month. If you're in a role play that you think deserves to be featured, just PM me your nomination and the reason you believe it deserves to be featured. The more nominations for one role play, the quicker the role play will be featured. You may submit your own role play to be featured but it won't have as much weight as someone else doing it.

Hot Role Plays

Hot role plays are popular role plays with 10 role players or more [ who have joined at any point ] and over 3k replies. The role play should also be consistently posted in. If it meets the criteria but isn't actually all that active [ just barely getting by in activity ] it will not be featured here. Exceptions will be made in special circumstances [ RP breaks, etc ].

Top Creators

You must have made at least twenty role plays in your time on KHV, have at least one active RP currently and, obviously, make them consistently to be a Top Creator. You will not be removed from the list unless you stop making role plays or leave KHV. You must submit yourself to be a Top Creator and I'll just do a quick search to make sure you meet criteria before adding you.​

The all being said, only role plays that have been posted in the directory thread will be included in any of the categories. For example, if your RP meets the criteria for a 'popular' role play, it will not be in the OP of the thread unless you have an advertisement posted in the thread. You cannot submit a role play for a featured role play unless that role play is in the directory [ so make an ad for it first ].

If you have any questions or concerns please contact me wherever. Thank you.

Edit; I also deleted RP Helpers until I can get to revamping that to actually be helpful.
    SynK and Killian Jones like this.
  12. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:
    Hello RP friends.

So, the RPA was broken for a little bit there and we had to disable to post count add-on for now. If you notice your post count isn't going up with lengthy posts, that's why.

Sorry about the inconvenience. I will let you guys know when this problem is fixed.
    SynK likes this.
  13. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:
    { Hello friends. (*^▽^)/

In case you haven't seen, the RP Arena post count mod is now active thanks to @libregkd & @Misty. The admins and I went through and manually edited your post counts to count past posts. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but yay! Finally, right?

You can find the original thread here: http://kh-vids.net/threads/post-count-different-heres-why.146182/ }
    KHGrl15, SynK, Killian Jones and 7 others like this.
  14. Jayn Administrator
    Administrator

Local Time:

{ One year later ... RP Idol Season Four sign-ups are up! This season is v. different from the others, and will hopefully be improved. Please sign up if you're interested! If you have any questions, please ask and I'll help you out! }
    Robiɳ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)