Help RP Posts still not counting?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Glen, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Glen Returned from the dead

I am aware that it was posted in the RP Arena news, but that was in December last year. I know that all staff members are busy, and I'm not demanding an instant fix for the lack-of-post-count thing, but is there any kind of update on the situation that could be given? I know I, and probably many other members of the forum, get a lot of their posts towards the post count from the rp arena itself, and it just really sucks that it's been taken away so long without so much of a scrap of feedback, is all.

2. Misty gimme kiss

I addressed this in the community news forum, but to repeat, the developer we were using is busy and can't fix it for us. I've reached out to another developer and I'm waiting to hear back with a quote. The requested changes will allow us to count the posts made since the add-on broke in December.

3. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

The worst part is I was able to find said addon for xenforo and it works for other people...

4. Misty gimme kiss

It's not just the errors it's throwing that is stopping us, we need an addition to it.

5. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but why not just allow posts for now?
    I understand that there are still people who post only a few lines, but it's unfair to punish the whole community because a few are ruining it.
    @Misty Also, any progress to report on the whole deal?

6. Glen Returned from the dead

Desperate as I am to have the posts count again (I can taste premiumship, literally but don't ask me how I know what that tastes like) I feel like, were every post in the RPA to count right now, this would be blatantly abused.

7. Misty gimme kiss

It's being worked on. When it's done everyone will get the posts they have missed out on and we will announce it. For now please just be patient, I know it's quite an inconvenience but it's out of our hands now.

8. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I don't want to be rude, but we've been told to be patient for nearly 5 months now. What could possibly be taking so long? :(

9. Misty gimme kiss

Well first I contacted the original developer asking to fix the bug preventing it from working altogether as well as make a necessary addition to it. It took a while for him to reply, and when he did he said he was booked up for the time being. He didn't give a timeline so I waited a few weeks (esp because it was the holiday season and we've worked with him before on several occasions with positive results). Eventually he told me that he just didn't have the time to fix it.

From there I had to find a new developer. I sent out many messages without any reply. At last we found someone willing to take on the work and he's working on it now. I understand it is frustrating for you guys and I'm insistent on being able to count the posts made but not counted during this time period, but there's not much more I can do. Unfortunately requiring custom work like this is a difficult process because you have to find developers who have their own jobs and timelines etc., not to mention that we fund everything out of the pocket of the staff.

10. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

You really shouldn't look at it as a punishment. They didn't do this on purpose. True it's taking a long time and Misty has done a pretty good just keeping us updated on it, but it's not like this is a permanent thing. It'll be back eventually and when it does come back, those that deserve it will jump in their count. Plus, it shouldn't be about the post count anyway, just your joy for RPing. We went how many years without any sort of count in the RPA? -- until 2012. I think we'll be fine a little longer; especially for someone who is already premium. I know there are a few members right on the border just biding their time until it comes back and puts them over the line that separates normies from premies, but until then, we should really just be making the most of it and look forward to the boost in our count that is sure to come. Misty has been doing her best to work on this situation and making lots of threads asking the same question isn't going to help.

Edit: Plus if she allowed for everyone's posts to count, it would be more work for them in the future to remove counts on the ones that weren't worthy for receiving them in the first place.

11. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Yeah, I understand it a little better. I guess I was talking out of my feelings for not getting posts counted?
    Either way, I'm glad that there's some news about it...although it isn't exactly what I wanted to hear.

12. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

13. Jayn

{ Just a reminder that any updates on this will be shared. When the mod is up and running it will be announced. I understand the frustration with this as well [ especially as a role player myself waiting for the Hall of Fame posts to count ] - but pushing Misty about it will not make the developer work any faster.

Please be patient.

It has already been said several times but posts made now that are not counting WILL count in the future when the add-on is installed . Again, that means that all of the posts you are making now that would be counting technically do and will all be added to your post count when the time comes.

All we can do right now is be patient and understanding. It is an inconvenience but it is being worked on and this lost time will be made up for.

From what I can gather, the developer is still working on the mod at the moment. Misty has been keeping contact with him and contacted him about his progress as recently as last Friday. We will let you know what happens from here. }

14. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

This site really needs it's own developer at this rate :c

15. Misty gimme kiss

I don't think we have any web developers here. @libregkd has researched the process of making add-ons but it's not something you just pick up in a few days sadly.

16. libregkd -

As @Misty mentioned, I've been looking at the process of creating add-ons because I think it would be a good idea to have a web developer on hand. I am experienced with web development but Xenforo is still a relatively new platform for me to work on. It has it's own little quirks that I need to learn to fully know the ins and outs of the platform that will take time to learn and get a handle of.

17. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Sorry to bump up the thread, but I just wanted to say that I hope the add-on will come at some point this year or maybe next year. I know I haven't been around the forum (besides the RP Arena) a lot but I think I wanna just step out of the arena a bit and see what else is there besides the RP Arena! I appreciate all the effort that you guys are making to get this add-on! ^•^ Until the add-on comes around, I'll just be patient and hope it comes soon! Keep up the hard work!! ^u^