Ramadan...

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Ɍeno, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

I thought that already passed?

Doesn't happen here, but I heard about it on XenForo a while ago. Basically, you can't eat, drink, or have sex in public for a whole day (although I thought sex in public already was illegal), and failure to do so results in being arrested. Honestly, it's dumb, and I don't see the point of it.

In hot weather, you can become dehydrated within a matter of hours if you're outside working and easily faint or worse... die. If you're dehydrated and have no way to drink in private, are you just supposed to tough it out and faint or die or just drink, but be punished for it? Ugh.

3. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

Where did you get this explanation from?

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

5. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

Ramadan is a month where adult muslims fast from dawn to sunset, you refrain from eating, drinking, smoking and a number of other things. Children, elderly, those suffering from ilnesses, pregnant and feeding mothers are all exempt.

Apparently in the UAE, non-muslims are prohibited from eating and drinking in public during Ramadan but I entirely disagree with that.

And i think you misread the public sex thing loool

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  6. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Tell me about it. Oh, and hey, fellow Muslim here![DOUBLEPOST=1406065650][/DOUBLEPOST]
    lolwut??? I'm in Florida, and I'm practicing Ramadan. I'm pretty sure I won't be arrested for not fasting for one day. Amaury, you have a LOT to learn about Muslims.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  7. Laurence_Fox Chaser

8. Patman Bof

Oh it can take the nasty turn he described in some theocratic countries. Saudi Arabia comes to mind. It' s the fanatic way to go about it, for sure, but it' s not unheard of.