Polyamory

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by LARiA, Jan 25, 2015.

1. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Y/N, reasoning?

2. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Multiple Amaury's? I'd be down with that, they could like each others posts and no one would get annoyed with him anymore.

3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Fak, beat me to it.

4. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    The time I am here I make count.

5. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Yes because people can do whatever the hell they want, it shouldn't be anyone elses business.

6. Laurence_Fox Chaser

This pretty much. As long as all parties involved are aware and on board with the situation, no one else counts.

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I was in a polyamorous relationship once. Of course she gave me more attention that she did to her other girlfriend so I kept forgetting that I was technically dating two girls at once, but I'm down with it as long as all parties consent.

Would I do it again? MMMMprobably not.

8. 61 No. B

i dont have time for that shti

9. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

As long as it has nothing to do with me, I couldn't care less. I don't support polygamy, but won't throw a fit if it's legalized either.

On the other hand, if I end up in a polyamorous relationship I'm going to get out of it immediately. It's simply not the kind of thing I woudl be comfortable with.

10. Misty gimme kiss

it's hard enough finding one person interested in me

In a broad sense, polyamory is great if it's your steez and you should totally go for it. On a personal level, I'm way too jealous and possessive a person to ever do anything but strict monogamy.

11. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

It's hard enough to find one person, finding multiple will kill me.
    Tbh, I'm not against it, but I wouldn't get into one. Let people do what they want.

12. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

This used to be my view as well, but I've found I've become more open with the idea particularly if all persons involved are on equal terms as friends beforehand. I think jealousy and possession come into play under the following conditions: when a third party is introduced into a preexisting arrangement, thereby disrupting an established dynamic. Then again, I'm also significantly more keen on the idea when it's a "friends with benefits" sort of deal ... But I dislike terming it as such because the implication inherent therein is that friendship is somehow less valid than traditionally 'romantic' relationships, the latter of which are often idealised anyways.

I don't think I might easily enter a polyamorous relationship if I was already involved in a monogamous relationship, specifically because romantic monogamous relationships entail a degree of 'measuring up' and sizing up competition, thence the aforementioned factors of "jealousy" and "possession." This begs the question of why anyone would willingly enter such an arrangement at all when the end result is often unhappiness, brides and grooms left at the altar. I understand it's thrilling to be found in one person, to be sought out like honey -- and the act of dating, all the lovely butterfly feelings procured therefrom. I find however that these relationships rarely have much to offer in the way of long-term stability, despite the universal importance of 'marriage' as a concept and practice within societies.

Take everything I say with a pinch of salt, I am mostly speaking on my own behalf here. As someone with a history of codependence, I should question whether monogamy is healthy for me personally ... indeed I still enjoy reading and hearing about the ideal partnership. I have befriended a bunch of polyamorous bisexuals though, and when they started talking about "our life together," I don't know how they meant it but it made me wonder.

13. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

KHV X Misty 5eva

I couldn't do it, I detest the idea of him touching other girls even before he knew me let alone while we're going out ;-; but I'm not against it as long as everyone consents for it. It's a personal choice or may be the only way you can do relationships (I know people who just can't be with one person so they keep cheating but never breaking up with their significant other).

14. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

If your Significant Other uses 'polyamory' as an excuse for cheating then it's time to bail. One can be both faithful and polyamorous, and consensual polyamory does not necessarily coincide with promiscuity. I hate that cheating has become synonymous with polyamorous relations; I don't find it's a valid excuse whatsoever in any case. It is unfortunate that most polyamorous and even bisexual characters within media should have to perpetuate this trope ...

15. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

as long as the thing is healthy and the relationship isn't going behind anyone's back