Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon So Far

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Iskandar, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Warning: Spoilers

So far I'd say it's maybe just a notch below Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky in some aspects and a notch above in other aspects. And that's just the story. I was surprised how much complexity it had to it, and it wasn't even straight forward like most of the others, it kept you guessing all the way to the end.

The big bad scenario itself was pretty good. I mean, first time around, you just had a meteor. Second time, the whole world was stopped and shrouded in darkness. Third time....honestly, I still don't know. This time, you had the world being taken over by negative emotions and in turn being slowly pulled into the sun. I mean, damn, that's one hell of a dark scenario for a pokemon game.

The villain aspect was kind of "meh". I mean, it wasn't terrible, but like with Gates to Infinity, I'm just not a fan of having the antagonist being some sort of emotion or non-corporeal form of enemy. Sure, the first time it was a meteor, and it's kinda the same, but you still had to deal with gengar the whole time and Groudon about 2/3 of the way through. With the second game you had a real enemy in Dialga, and then Darkrai. This time, it was just a collection of negative emotions. Kinda lame.

Boss wise, I feel like they got a little lazy with it again. The second games had a bunch of bosses, but this one had only eight. This isn't the main series, gives us a bit more to work with already.

Well, felt like putting that out now. I just started the epilogue, so I'm hoping they have a decent post-story game, if there is one at all.

2. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

So far It's more difficult than GoI. I have to buy a ton a revive seeds to get through missions.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yeah, i've noticed that since the last game, the HP for all the pokemon is a lot lower than before. It's like playing a Level-5 game now: you can beat them in 2 moves, but they can beat you in 2. And it's hard to keep your main pokemon leveled up enough and strong enough, so you tend to rely on the stronger companion pokemon. I'm having to use all my resources to keep my revive seeds in stock. My oran berries are running low too, annoyingly

4. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

Not only that but the accuracy of the moves are annoying. Every time I use a move it always miss a couple of times, meanwhile my team keeps getting killed in two shots.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

grab some sure-hit moves and you'll be good. I find the PP of the moves more annoying than the accuracy most of the time