PokAcademy!

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Sebax, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Admissions Office Lounge Dorms Information Desk
    When Cyprus walked into the Waiting room to be welcomed immediately by the heavy amping of guitars and the rhythmic screaming of a young woman over the PA system he sighed as he spotted Nurse Joy banging her head up and down to the beat of the heavy music.

“My Heart stops; close all the shops; You left me hollow as a Dusclops! Guess that’s on you and your haunted soul; your haunted soul.” Nurse Joy had an excellent punk rock voice for the music, and the fact Avril jumped up on the counter to raise its arms and bang its own head in time with Nurse Joy hinted she liked the ambience as well. “I don’t really care what say, you just have your haunted soul, your haunted- Eek!” Nurse Joy squeaked and ducked behind the counter, bringing Avril down with her, the moment she spotted the Professor and students. The music was still going into the next verse as Cyprus walked over to shut it off from the PC.

“I guess you have a haunter’s soul; you just have your haunted soul. You don’t give a shard at all, hey! That explains your lack of mooov-” The female lead singer was shut off as Professor Cyprus typed in the command, looking down at the not-so-hidden nurse below the counter.

“That is twice.” He stated matter-of-factly as he looked the Nurse directly in the eyes, exasperated.

“What are you doing back so soon?” Nurse Joy leapt up, holding Avril a little too tightly in her arms. The tightness of the grip was simply surmisable in the fact Avril did not seem to be comfortable with its tummy being forced further towards its spine.

“I suppose this is why you didn’t pick up when Professor Aspen attempted to call you…” Professor Cyprus rubbed his temples.

“Who?”

Cyprus nearly keeled over at the question. “We are in the direct path of an oncoming violent storm. I need you to go down to the holding room and make sure all Pokémon have been sent properly to the storage bunker below the center.”

“Right. How do you do that?”

“I shall have to go with you, I suppose.” Professor Cyprus grumbled. His patience was wearing thin with the new nurse. “Students, in the meantime, ensure that the storm defense system has not been put out of commission because of tampering with the system. You’ll find the command on the main list of options on the main screen.” Professor Cyprus was already on his way down the hall for the holding room. “Nurse!” He called impatiently.

Nurse Joy jumped and dropped Avril, who landed on the tile floor with a thud. “Right!” Nurse Joy quickly followed after, leaving the surrounding area to the students and Avril.

All at once, a voice came over the PA system. “Stratana here. I am sending over Pokéballs for storage in the bunker. Over.” The transmission ended, and before anything else could be done, a bin on the counter just above the teleporter filled from the bottom up with Pokéballs. Twelve were in the container.
    @ @ @ @ @
    "Zeke, not that it's any of your business"

Victor was knocked a bit off kilter, but was not disheartened by the reply. Everything about Zeke’s actions noted shyness rather than rudeness, given the lack of direct eye contact; or so Victor figured.

Meanwhile, Victoria was getting restless as the tension built up about the turbulence. Every bump was putting her further on edge, but she tried not to show it; she knew why Victor had come, but she wanted him to be there to enjoy himself and not to have to be her Watch Snubull. She also wanted her own independence, so she would hold herself together until they landed.

“We’re having plenty of problems up here. We’re going to have to make an emergency landing.” Mr. Briney’s voice came out of a speaker above all the incoming students’ heads.

‘Good… Wait, what?!’ Victoria said inside her head, trying to repress her immediate urge to jump up through the cabin roof. Victoria looked outside cautiously and saw black storm clouds edging in around them and nothing but trees below them. She gulped before she saw the small patch of grey that was their upcoming landing strip. She dug her green nails into the polyester seat as the plane screeched to a stop in the middle of a small strip of pavement, with a small building nearby, in the middle of the jungle.

“We’ve landed in the Greenhouse Jungle, and we’ll have to get inside the base before it starts to rain. Quickly, I have a feeling we’re in for a real doozy; otherwise, we’d still be in the air!” Mr. Briney said to the teenagers before opening the passenger hatch. Mr. Briney jumped out and brought a detachable staircase back for the others. “Quickly.” He persisted, before running back to the base as the rain began to trickle down on the pavement and roof of the plane.

# # # # #

POST FOR WHITE TEAM UNDER CONSTRUCTION! PARDON THE DUST!

+Plusle:

Team Black: The Pokéballs for your task have arrived. Check the Defense System according to the given instruction.

-Minun:

Anyone of Team White can chart the travel west to the Dining Hall. A new map has been uploaded to the Rp’s wikia to help give you a basic distance idea.

Airstrip: Quick, into the base!

2. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Zeke was still a little on edge after the small amount of turbulence, which didn't make the travel any easier, when he suddenly heard the announcement of an emergency landing. He sighed. "Geez, things are already getting more interesting than back home" he said quietly. Zeke gripped the arms of the chair tightly as they went down, and after a short time it was over; they had landed.

Zeke stood up and stretched as he did so. He was grateful to be on the land and out of the air, and his mood bettered slightly when he heard about the storm. He liked rain, he always had, they gave him a sort of calming feeling. Maybe it was the sound it made when it hit tin roof, or maybe it was just the general change of atmosphere, but the generally gloomy boy genuinely felt a little bit happy during storms. However, despite how much he liked the rain, he didn't want to annoy the staff for PokAcademy on the trip there, so he raced down the staircase. He was about to continue on, but he turned around to look at the kid who had bothered to speak to him before.

"Victor, right? Hurry up and get off the plane, wouldn't want to get left behind would ya?" Zeke teased as he turned back to face the base, and ran inside.

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Wide eyes stared at the Center they closed in on. The windows were vibrating from the heavy sounds emitting from within the building. The automatic doors opened for the team Black as they entered the Pokemon Center; Equitas immediately wincing to the loud heavy music. "Ack... nice music, but way too loud..." he muttered underneath the loud music. To his surprised, it was Nurse Joy and her companion banging their heads away to the sound of music. She was clearly embarrassed; her body hiding behind the counter. While the Professor scolded her and gave his instructions, Equitas stood by and listened. After he was done, he and the nurse both walked away. Not wanting to delay in important work, he walked over to the computer and began to looking at the menu. After playing around with it, he decided it would be best if someone else who knew computers dealt with this. Just then, he heard over the PA, "“Stratana here. I am sending over Pokéballs for storage in the bunker. Over.”

"Bunker? We have a bunker?" he asked, looking at everyone. Just then, a container was filled with manifested pokeballs from a machine. His curiosity led him to it, and his hand just reached in. "Wow, so many pokeballs...imagine just how much more this place has!" he shouted, holding one of the balls in his hands. A gleam appeared in his eyes. "I wonder what Pokemon are in these pokeballs.." he muttered, having the urge to find out. Thankfully, his reasonable more responsible side kicked in. With a sigh of disappointment he grabbed a tray, the kind Nurses would always use when transporting the pokeballs to healing machines. Each tray could only hold a total of six pokeballs, so six pokeballs he placed on one of the trays. He had his tray ready for transporting. His hands gripped the tray from handles, and with a small exertion of strength he lifted the tray. "Alright, I guess we just need too....find the bunker, huh?" he said, facing his group; forgetting that Professor Cyprus was the currently leading Nurse Joy to the very same location the pokeballs needed to be transported too.

4. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Professor Aspen looked back and frowned. She removed a ping pong-sized ball and clicked its button. A Zoroark appeared that towered over everyone like a grim monolith of fur and dark essence. “We will be going to the Dormitory across the way shortly. Please, try to stay with your Pokémon.” This disregard by sending the Mudkip off alone was foolish in Professor Aspen’s eyes. “Hito, please assist with the cans. And everyone, please stay together. The last thing we need is to be caught in the rai-” It started to rain. “Quickly, into the dormitory across the way. We want to make sure this is not the actual storm before we go anywhere.” Hito the Zoroark picked up what was left of the needed supplies and carried them effortlessly across the small space to the Dormitory South entrance. Following behind her Pokemon with a few cans in hand, Professor Aspen led the students towards the Dormitories.

@@@@@

Meanwhile, on the Airstrip…

The storm quickly rose in intensity as Victor and Victoria followed Mr. Briney and Zeke into the small concrete building by the flat top airstrip.

Listen, I know we didn’t get off on the right foot back on the plane, but it looks like we might be stuck here for a while. The rage of precipitation and black really kicked up outside the glass portal above a desk full of radio communication devices.

“You might want to see this.” Victoria gazed in awe as a small tide of pink approached the tiny building, pouring from the thick groves of jungle trees.

Victor walked to the window, and joined his sister in disbelief as the pink tide split up and circled the entire building. What’s going on here?

“Looks like Igglybuff. We’re close to grounds where Fairy-types breed.” Mr. Briney surmised as he looked out for himself. “Fairies typically breed in caves, so in small numbers… they’re rarer on mainlands than they are on PokAcademy island. Not sure what they are doing out in the open like this though…”

[​IMG]
    Team White: The outer ring of the storm is starting on the campus. Follow Aspen and her Zoroark into the Dormitories.
    Team Black: Please, more activity.
    Airstrip: Anything goes right now. A swarm has hit the airstrip and it has started to really storm.

5. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Zeke also walked over to the window, standing just a little behind Viktor and Victoria. "IgglyBuff? That's weird. Almost wish I had my pokeballs, but I left them at home before I came on this trip. I don't particularly care for them, but I need more variety in the pokemon I use, I've been getting too predictable in my typing lately, i'm told" Zeke said. He wasn't entirely sure what he should be saying, especially to these people that he had only really just met, but what he had said sounded like it fit.

6. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

He felt odd not having received a response from his group. "Eehh...well then, I'll just start heading over to the bunker with these pokeballs then.." he said, feeling a little awkward as he turned and began walking down the hall he last saw Professor Cyprus. He let out a sigh, disappointment written all over his face. "I what other excitements I'll be facing this year..."Walking down the hallway, he caught sight of the Professor and Nurse Joy. Equitas hastened his pace, making sure the pokeballs weren't wobbling uncontrollably on the trays. "Hey Professor! Wait up!" he shouted.

7. Mysty Unknown

Topaz ran with the acquired Pokeballs given to each of them to protect. She ran with them in her arms while Eve dashed behind her. She laid them down in front of Nurse Joy o teleport them away for safety. Things outside were not getting any better either. If this kept up, they may have very well been trapped in the Pokemon Center. The Pokemon were more important anyway.

On the other side of the campus, Juggernaut successful made it to the dorms and managed to grab the blankets. He rushed to the main lobby where soon Diopside would arrive. Diopside in fact arrived soon after. He smiled at the Pokemon. "Good work Juggernaut. Now return." He pointed the pokeball and aloud the beam of light to reabsorb the Pokemon.

He turned around and began to head out. Before so, he looked over to the professor. "What better way to get stronger than to battle the elements. I will beat this storm." He said this to let her know. It was obvious she would try to stop him or even alert the other professors. Good. That is what he wanted. If they had to use Pokemon against him, that would be the right amount of training they needed to get stronger.

8. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Later, in the Pokémon Center…

“And there you are.” Professor Cyprus handed the last of the blankets to the last of the students. They, as well as Professor Aspen and the rest of Team White, were dampened with rain water, but everything would be sorted right and dry in no time. Meanwhile, the rage of the storm had reached its peak as the rain pounded on the roof and the wind rattled the windows. A space had been cleared in the waiting room, away from the shielded windows. The lights had been dimmed low so that sudden bursts of electricity would not overcharge the Center, but also because it was drawing late and the storm would likely last through the night.

Professor Cyprus nodded to Nurse Joy as she laid down the hollow shells of air mattresses while Avril the Audino brought her the automated air pump. Professor Cyprus massaged his temples as he departed from the main group to use the rest room before the inevitable would likely occur; he preferred to plan ahead. He rounded a corner when he heard a familiar sound.

“Nine.” Lucia had been much more communicative lately, Cyprus noted, but he didn’t have the slightest clue as to why. He was only in for more questions in a moment.

“You know exactly why I can’t let you do that.” Another voice caught Cyprus’s ear. He looked to his left and noticed a single door that was ajar, and seemed to be the room from where the voices were emanating.

“Nine, Ninetales.” Lucia stated indignantly. She barked and followed with a “Nine!”

“Lucia, I consider us friends. Please, do not be so confrontational. As your friend, I am asking you to be rational. Your desires are… unnatural at best.” Aspen sounded as empty-toned as always, but her voice was weighted with the cool factuality.

Cyprus was greatly tempted to enter the room; he wanted to. This odd occurrence demanded he walk inside, but… he did not. He simply turned away, and went his way as he was before.

Objective Plusle:

The storm is raging, you’re all in the waiting room, surrounded by blankets and canned goods. Interact. I will be adding the Airstrip segment later, as well as format.

9. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

The storm let loose upon the school. The sound of raindrops colliding with the facility could be faintly heard if left in a quiet room. Equitas layed on one of the sofas; tempted to use the rest of it as a bed. The plan was a success, as everyone had accomplished their task at putting the pokeballs in the bunkers. He touched his shirt using his index and thumb, rub the cloth to measure how wet it was. Thankfully, it was almost dry. "Good. The last thing I need is a cold..." His bag was layed on the floor at his side as he never really had a chance to go to his dorm room. With a sigh, his eyes scanned the area. The rooms light were dim, expected he supposed as a storm was upon them. Not having much to do, he grabbed the blanket that was given to him and undid the fold; spreading it over his body as to be under covers. He saw a flash, and soon heard the thunder. A smile spread across his face as he looked at the ceiling. All these rhythmic sounds produced by the storm always gave him this relaxed feel; to him it almost felt like natures lullaby.

10. Light-Rune Maven Seer

After the work the group had put in to finish preparations, Joshua prepared to go to sleep. He instantly took the blanket given to him, spread it out on the floor, and wrapped himself inside it. He was out before much else happened. Melody sighed. She should have guessed he would have been out like a light considering it was raining outside. She simply sat down next to him, not quite ready to go to bed. She could hear a bit of the noise that Lucia and Professor Asp were making, but she didn't think it was her place to get involved.

11. Mysty Unknown

Topaz looked around and saw that Nurse Joy lay down on an air mattress. She had given up a blanket for the students to warm instead. She smiled at Eve who was trying to nudge the blanket on Topaz instead. She new what was going on and Eve would not allow Topaz to catch a cold.
    "It will be okay, Eve. I have an idea." She got up and placed the blanket on Nurse Joy who had fallen asleep in a shiver. Topaz returned to her spot and grabbed a Pokeball. She whispered so that no one would be disturbed by her commotion. "Silica, come out and use String Shot." The Pokeball released the Wurmple and as such, a sticky white substance came shooting out, rapping around itself, knitting a warm blanket made of silk. It would only hold up til morning before falling apart. Without being properly sewed, it was just threads stuck together.
    "Thanks Silica. You can return to your warm Pokeball now." A beam engulfed Silica and returned her. Topaz snuggled up close to Eve in the silk as she quickly drifted to sleep.

Outside...

"Juggernaut, use Tackle!" Diopside yelled as he and his Pokemon were battling the oncoming Pokemon that were coming from the storm. "That's it... One more ti--" Before he could finish he noticed a tree beside him was beginning to fall. If he didn't move, the tree would have crushed him, but his legs were frozen. Juggernaut suddenly came and headbutted him out of the way, making them both miss their end.
    "W-Woah... That was close... Thanks Juggernaut." The Mudkip smiled as it jumped into Diopside's lap and rubbed its head against the spot where he hit Diopside. Diopside smiled and pat him on the head. "You're a good friend. Lets head back for now. I think we got enough training during this storm."
    The two ran back to the pokemon center soaking wet.

At the Airstrip...

A girl walked over behind the viewers of the strange anomaly. "Looks like we got an adorable pokemon infestation don't we." She said out of the blue. She wasn't on the plane with them before this time but instead came by boat right as the storm just got bad. "Names Amethyst by the way. I'm here training to be a number one Pokemon Coordinator."

12. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Zeke was feeling calm, mostly because of the stormy weather. If it wasn't for the stormy weather, chances were he would be his usual moody self. He didn't mean to be moody, he wasn't naturally an unfriendly person or anything, he just found most things to be boring and uninteresting, something that seemed to come across in the way he talked. He was enjoying listening to the pelting of the rain against the roof of the building they were in, he was enjoying the odd rumble of thunder that echoed in the airstrip building.

Zeke's thoughts were interrupted part-way through, his enjoyment dulling down as he heard a voice behind him. He spun around. The girl was a new face, and she wasn't on the plane with them so where had she come from? He rolled his eyes. Another person that just introduces themself without really knowing the people. That's kind of the point of introducing themself, I guess, but why the hell do they seem to find me? I don't even like people that much, he thought to himself. Zeke decided that for the moment he should be polite, though. He gave a half-hearted grin, one that probably appeared fake. He didn't enjoy talking to people, but he had to at least try. "Zeke. I'm going to become a better Pokemon Trainer" he responded, before turning back around to continue enjoying the poor weather.

13. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Avril bounded from the counter as a enormous crack of thunder shook the very foundation of the Pokémon Center. She leapt into Joy’s arms, but the Nurse was no less frightened by the Earth shattering wave.

“This isn’t a normal storm at all.” She said quietly, sitting down near Equitas’ cot. “I hope everyone else is as secure as we are.” She held Avril close as she became less and less head of health authority and degenerated into a scared little girl with cautious eyes. The truth was, as fearless as Joy tried to be, she had a severe phobias of storms. She hadn’t said anything prior, but it was getting harder and harder to hide. Especially as she started to push back the tears and repressed memories. It took another clattering, thunderous shake to allow the flood gates open, and Avril hide in Nurse Joy’s arms.

Professor Cyprus stepped back into the waiting room and sighed. He felt the tremors. There was so much stress to deal with, and there was no guarantee for the safety of the students or his staff. Normally, Lucia would have sensed his stress and done something to calm his nerves… but she was barking at Professor Aspen; whatever reasoning there was for that, he had no clue. Another shake from the storm launched a stray Pokéball from under the counter as it clicked open. Cyprus ran over to the empty shell post haste in worry they had locked themselves in with a dangerous Pokémon. Fortunately, it was just an empty ball. Unfortunately, he did not catch the fading golden mist as a Ghost Pokémon fazed into the PC, nor did he see the monitor turn purple; a jagged, haunting smile appearing on the screen.

Meanwhile, at the Air strip…

Victor looked outside at the curious sight. “Have you ever seen so many in a swarm at once?”

“Not on land. It doesn’t take as many Tentacool to capsize a fishing vessel as you might think though.” Mr. Briney was locked in thought in a corner. He was not his cheerful self, replaced by a morose and somber older man.

“Our problem isn’t seaworthy, but I think everyone should know…” Victoria started, looking outside as the Igglybuff tried to find shelter under the limited awning. “Those Igglybuff were likely displaced by the storm. Out here, they’re going to be to be swept away when it starts to flood, or they may just drown by the sheer downpour; they’re tiny babies.” She was not pleased. “But we don’t have the space in here for them unless everyone is okay with crowding.”

“Sorry, Miss, but we are not going to allow wild Pokémon in here. Not without protection of some kind. Why, you might as well walk into the jungle right now. They may look harmless, but Pokémon are mysterious and we do not know what any of those out there are capable of.” Mr. Briney pointed out.

“Well, what if we had our Starter Pokémon?” Victor asked. Briney responded by jabbing a thumb over towards a rickety, archaic PC. “Oh…”

“Still…” Briney grumbled. “My Peeko would want us to help those endangered Pokémon, I’m sure.” He sniffed as he rose to his sandaled feet to type into the computer. “Not sure if this work, but say the names of your starters, and they should appear over there.” He pointed to a device on a counter nearby.

“Cyndaquil!” Victoria was overcome with joy; a complete polar switch from her worry over the baby Fairies outside. She’d wanted a Cyndaquil all her life, but her parents had never caught one. She wasn’t sure if she ever wanted it to evolve, but that was a worry for a different day.

“Treecko.” Victor stated matter-of-factly, with his arms crossed.

First, one Pokéball arrived and Victoria took it, then Victor took the second that came after it. The brother and sister nodded to each other in acknowledgement that they were leaving their childhood just a bit more behind. They would be growing up with their own Pokémon now.

In little to no time, Victoria was patting a content, flameless Cyndaquil and getting acquainted with the one she called “Poe”. Victor was allowing a Treecko to climb up to his shoulder. “Vincent” was an awfully serious, straight-faced Pokémon. Victor cracked a grin; like Trainer like Pokémon.

[​IMG]

Airstrip: Pick your starters. I believe the two of yours already have your selections made, so feel free to go with those. I can assure you, both Snivy and Fenekin are available. Zeke and Amethyst, pick your starters.

[​IMG]

Airstrip: Points to think about and what to include for a good post: Select Pokemon and summon it for the first time. Naming it in the first post is ideal, if you name it at all and have a name picked out. Think about the moral dilemma with the Igglybuff. Bonus suggestion: Mr. Briney mentioned a Pokemon tearfully…hmmmmm…

Pokemon Center: Nurse Joy is crying, everyone is now in the Center, Diopside just arrived and is soaking wet. Somebody could get him a towel and maybe make a friend. Get ready for some real fun…kekekekekeke…

14. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

The storm carried on, shaking the earth with its thunderous power. For Equitas, this was a mere lullaby to his ears. The rain clashed heavily withe building, its echoes reverberating through the walls. His mind began to drift into a reverie, that is until he heard the shuffling of footsteps. Weight was dispersed on the other side of the couch. Equitas peered from the corner of his now half closed eyes. It was Nurse Joy sitting next to him in tears while holding Avril in her arms. He sat up right, waking from his sleepiness, and expressed concern for their well being. Taking off his blanket, the boy got up and gently put it over her shoulders; watching as it sunk around her form. His knees buckled purposefully as too allow him crouch in front of her. He peered at her, trying to catch her attention.

"You're not too fond of storms I take it?" he asked concerned, and half jokingly. Just as he asked, the doors to the center opened and appeared the familiar individual who was leaning against the corner when he had just arrived. The boy was soaking wet, apparently having strayed from his other group. His brown eyes scanned the room, looking over Topaz, Joshua, and Melody. He didn't want to leave the nurse alone like this.

"Yeah...I'm not a fan of weather conditions like these..." she replied, barely managing to get the words out through her sobbing. Nurse Joy rubbed the tears off her eyes. Avril turned to Equitas, eyes wobbling with a cuteness about them.

Equitas turned his attention back to them, Avrils look drawing his pity on them. He got up, and patted the nurses head gently; trying to act mature for the moment. "Don't worry too much about this storm. Like all things, it has an end to it. We just have to wait it out..." he paused for a moment, staring at the duo as if contemplating an idea. As if a light bulb had turned on, he smacked his palm with a fist. "I got an idea!" shouted in excitement, oblivious in the moment of everyone else.

The nurse raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "What is it?" she asked, still getting over her predicament. Lightning flashed in the sky for an instant, and immediately was followed by its thunder. Nurse Joy held Avril even tighter, and began to bawl in anxiety. Equitas quickly grabbed his duffle bag and rummaged through his belongings, searching for something. Nurse Joy continued bawling for a while. Tears ran down her cheek until suddenly she felt comfortable muffs covering her ears.

It was quite a dramatic change really. Curiously, she leafed around the muffs attempting to make heads or tails of it. Plastic. The exterior of these muffs were plastic. Following down, she could feel a wire coming down from both ears. They were headphones.

Equitas pressed play on his mp3 player, having made sure in advance that the volume was a decent level.

"This should keep you distracted for a while. Feel free to change the song!"

Nurse joy looked up at Equitas. The boy was giving off a victorious smile, most likely from believing he had thought up of a great idea. He handed her the mp3 for her to use.

He started to walk away slowly. "Don't lose it, alright?"

The boy walked towards the pile of clean towels stacked a top one another. "Sorry for not attending to you sooner..." he apologized to the drenched boy as he grabbed a towel to hand him. Equitas walked to the boy and handed him the clean white towel.

15. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

From seemingly nowhere, a voice rang out from behind the group and called out an unusual Pokemon..."Bidoof!" As it was called, a pokeball arrived, which was claimed by a white haired man in a red jacket. He had arrived late, on the same boat as Amethyst. "Aw yeah!" said Beuce, tossing the pokeball and releasing the Pokemon inside. Sure enough, out popped a plump, brown, and buck-toothed Pokemon. Immediately, he plucked it off the ground and pulled both a pair of sunglasses and a miniature coat to match his. After stuffing the bidoof into the jacket and laying the sunglasses in his face, he raised the stylishly dressed Pokemon into the air. "I shall call him...Beucedoof!" [DOUBLEPOST=1386108084][/DOUBLEPOST]From seemingly nowhere, a voice rang out from behind the group and called out an unusual Pokemon..."Bidoof!" As it was called, a pokeball arrived, which was claimed by a white haired man in a red jacket. He had arrived late, on the same boat as Amethyst. "Aw yeah!" said Beuce, tossing the pokeball and releasing the Pokemon inside. Sure enough, out popped a plump, brown, and buck-toothed Pokemon. Immediately, he plucked it off the ground and pulled both a pair of sunglasses and a miniature coat to match his. After stuffing the bidoof into the jacket and laying the sunglasses in his face, he raised the stylishly dressed Pokemon into the air. "I shall call him...Beucedoof!"

16. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

"Now then, I'll just be stepping out to the hall for the lavatory. Should anyone need me, as we are currently in a state of emergency, be obliged to knock." He advised to the group before setting out down the hall. It was darker than it normally would be, with the hall lights dimmed; it even felt colder. He turned a corner and was all alone. He turned another corner, and he was in the closest Men's room to the Waiting room. It was brighter in the cozy, neatly-tiled square of toiletries and waterworks. It was a while after that he was washing his hands... and the lights went out following the greatest thunder crush to rock the building. He was almost certain that something was afoot outside the door... now where was it? The door had been there a minute ago, but, lost in the dark, he failed to find the knob or door anywhere. He dared not take a step. He wanted to make sure he was facing the right way, or he'd have to wait for his eyes to adjust. A little more searching, and he was relieved to feel his wet grip on the knob... only to find it locked. He checked the knob for any kind of lock, but could not find one; searched the surface of the door for some kind of lock, but could not find one. His heart raced. His large frame hit the door hard as he threw himself against it. He repeated the process, but it was no use against the metallic door. He rested against the door and slumped down to the tile floor, his head banging against the metal door. His eyes were only just adjusting to the darkness when he heard a faint whisper. "hhhhhhtttttrrrr"; it was long, drawn out and eerie. He pressed his ear firmly to the door; the sound came again, but this time clearer, as it was on the other side of the door. Cyprus' heart slowed down as the most grim mood befell him. "Haaauuuuuunnnnterrrrrr" The whisper echoed down the hall. "Haaaaaaaauuuuunnnnnnnterrrrrrrrrrr" It was softer that time, almost antagonizing before a bone-chilling cackle burst throughout the entire Pokemon Center with a sharp feedback over the PA system. In a moment, Cyprus was on his feet and frantically banging against the door with his fists. He had no mind for his own safety, but if that Haunter licked anyone.

Meanwhile, on the Airstrip...

"I don't care what anyone says, Victor. I'm not letting those poor little babies drown out there." Victoria tried to shake Victor off one of her ankles and Treecko off of the other. Her hand was almost to the door handle, and it was only an instant later that a single turn let open a floodgate of pink into the tiny cabin. Igglybuff occupied every little bit of space as every single one of the devastated, shivering babies filed from outside onto shelves, under and on top of tables, and some climbed Beuce and Glen as space became increasingly precious.

Victor had managed to stand up with Price precariously in hand; Treecko seemed to appreciate the lift as it clutched to Victor's shoulder, looking down at the fleshy floor.

"Nobody is going to hurt them, got it?" Victoria looked down, then all around at the people. "I know it's inconvenient."

"No kidding, Vicky." Victor shot, followed by an indignant but supportive "Tree!"

"It's inconvenient to me too." Mr. Briney gathered up a cluster of Igglybuff in a chair and cradled them as he sat in the place he had taken them from. "But let me tell you something. I cared for a Pokemon for many years and cared deeply for the bond that exists between people and Pokemon. Peeko may be gone, but I believe in caring for Pokemon that need it. That is why I told Cyprus that I would transport students to and from the school; so that children may learn how to establish such an ability. Young lady, I can tell you are well on your way to becoming a successful Trainer." Briney nodded at Victoria. "Young man, look around this room and think: "What if I stopped her just so I could be comfy"." He was neither cold nor judgmental as he looked Victor right in the eye. Victor was stunned into silence as he looked down and saw at least a dozen big eyes staring up at him from adorable faces.

"Thank you..." Victor admitted he needed to hear that. Even Price solemnly bowed his head in respect.

Briney nodded back in acknowledgement. "And you, young man, should probably keep that Bidoof in a Pokeball for now. I've never seen one before, but I hear they're terribly dangerous creatures when caught." Mr. Briney noted to Beuce.

+

Airstrip: Don't hurt the Igglybuff.

-

Pokemon Center: What was that noise? What's going on? Mama! D:

Airstrip: Might as well get to know each other in the now crowded shelter as the storm passes.

Dex-

93.png Haunter- The Gas Pokemon. "It licks with its gaseous tongue to steal the victim's life force. It lurks in darkness for prey."- Y

17. Mysty Unknown

Topaz had let in a drenched Diopside after he was banging on the door to be let in. She gave a slight laugh at his expression afterwards but truly felt sorry for him. Anyone that was in that kind of weather was sure courageous but at the same time an idiot for risking himself and his Pokemon. He was a character that much was certain.

The laugh and smile were short lived and subdued by the howl of another mysterious voice. "A Pokemon?"

"Probably just a ghost. They do say this Pokemon Center is haunted by the dead souls of Cleffary's that once roamed over this very spot. When the Academy was built, their graves were disturbed. Every stormy night, their ghosts terrorize the children that come to study." Diopside was giving an evil grin as he spoke to Topaz about a completely fake story. It was just fun to watch her squirm in fear as he spoke more and more about it.

She herself was quivering from the tale he spoke. She didn't really like ghosts or ghost pokemon for that matter. It didn't help that the Pokemon Center was built on top of an ancient pokemon burial ground. Topaz clasped her hands over her head and began to chant. "ghosts aren't real... ghosts aren't real... ghosts aren't real." Eve was as well shaking as she could read the fear within her trainer.

Diopside had sent Juggernaut out without Topaz realizing it. It put on the silk blanket that Silica had made for Topaz. It edged its way closer to Topaz. "You know, Topaz, they say those who are scared the most, usually are the first ones to go." Once he finished, Juggernaut jumped out in front of dawn yelling "KIIIIIIIIIIIIP!"

Her eyes began to bug out and her pupils shrunk. The adrenaline ran right through her muscles forcing her to panic and run as fast as she could toward the back of the Pokemon Center in utter fear. She screamed as well alongside Eve. She tried to run into one of the back rooms but when her hand reached for the knob, and began to shake. She began to shake even more until she heard a familiar voice. The Professor was trapped in that room.

Her fear turned to determination as did Eve's. The Pokemon jumped out of her arms and readied itself. "Eve, use Tackle on the door! We need to get the Professor out of there!" Topaz commanded as Eve tackled the door hoping to break it down.

Meanwhile Diopside and Juggernaut were laughing like crazy from the prank they pulled on Topaz and Eve.

At the airstrip...

Amethyst grabbed the pokeball, gave it a light kiss, and released that which was inside. "Take the stage, Snivy!" She yelled as the female, grass snake appeared out of the ball. "Wow, its so cool. You will definitely make a great contest partner. The Snivy gave a slight wink as she met her knew trainer. The Pokemon wrapped itself around her leg up until she collared around her neck. Amethyst simply smirked as she could imagine a contest with Snivy performing a beautiful combination and scoring a perfect 30 points. "Yes!"

Some time later, the Igglybuff were aloud to come into the building alongside them. They were adorable and truth be told, Amethyst wanted one. She lacked the Pokeballs to catch it however. Instead, she aloud some to sleep alongside her legs and lap as she listened to Mr. Briney. He was from the Hoenn region which was renowned for Pokemon Contests. That made her curious. "Excuse me, Mr. Briney. You are from Hoenn so you should know a lot about Pokemon Contests right?"

18. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Zeke walked over to the machine and began looking through the choices. There didn't seem to be a mass abundance of pokemon in it, but there was enough of a variety that Zeke managed to find one that he liked the look of. Moments later, a pokeball popped out. Zeke carefully grabbed the ball, only to throw it up into the air and catch it in his left hand, testing the weight. He decided to release the pokemon from the pokeball. Activating the pokeball, a flash of light appeared, and once the light had subsided there stood a small fox-like pokemon. This was the pokemon Fennekin, the creature that Zeke had selected.

Zeke crouched down to the point that he was only a little above the pokemon. He liked the colour of the Fennekin, it was a nice scarlet colour. Immediately, Zeke knew the nickname he was going to give his pokemon. "Your name's Scarlet, welcome to the team" Zeke greeted.
    The boy wasn't usually friendly, but pokemon were quite possibly the only things he cared about, and the attitude with which he greeted Scarlet reinforced this.

19. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Equitas sat next to Nurse joy, seeing that Topaz had already tended to diopsides needs. The storm persisted with its display of power as the lights started to flicker every once in a while; it takes a lot of electrical interference to cause lights to flicker. Nurse Joy was relaxed for the moment, busy listening to the current soundtrack being played by Equitas's Mp3 player. He turned his head to her, watching her laying back against the sofa; Avril lying against her. Equitas smiled as he couldn't help but see Nurse Joy as a child; she had previously had an incident with the sound of thunder. Seeing her with Avril, it was almost like watching a little girl holding a Teddy bear. Everyone was asleep; except for Topaz and Diopside. They were making quite a ruckus. He was considering telling them something about it when a flash of lightning masked the power outage in the Pokemon Center. Instantaneously thunder reverberated throughout the building; even traveling through the floor beneath him.

He let a sigh escape his disappointment. It was dark now, and he had no flashlights with him. He turned to see if Nurse Joy was alright. Thankfully, she had the headphones blasting with music, although he could see that she was a bit tense; she was holding Avril while biting her lip in anxiety. He placed a hand on her shoulder to show his support. She looked back at him and gave a weak smile.

"Hey, you with the Mudkip. You alright?" he asked, when he was suddenly interrupted by the PA system. He was taken aback by the bizarre sound emitting from it. The cackle echoed throughout the center. It was rather loud. "Uuuh...wh-what...was that?" he asked, hoping someone to have the answer. His eyebrow was raised, showing his bewilderment of the situation. As if on cue like in most horror movies, he heard shouting in the distance through the hallway. It sounded like a woman expressing stress. His eyes widened. "Oh no... We're in a horror film." he muttered in scared revelation. Without hesitation he pulled out the pokeball in his pocket, enlarging it in the process, and let out his companion.

"Squirtle! Lend me your morale support!" he shouted. The light hit the floor, and dissipated to reveal the turtle pokemon standing just a few feet in front. He turned, giving its usual response, "Squirtle!" somehow managing a thumbs up. Equitas ran passed it towards the hallway, commanding it to follow. He could feel an unwanted fear beginning to take root in him.

20. CrownMoksha Decimo

Alex was sitting off by himself looking at his two pokeballs. Ever since catching his Lilipup he hadn't really bother doing anything with it. With this whole storm going on, his mind was a bit too preoccupied. There was plenty of time though so he didn't need to name it right away. So with that, he close his eyes and attempt to get some sleep. His attempt didn't get him far though. The sounds of a creature cackling awoke him from his attempt at sleep. Alex wasn't the only one who was affected since Flare had popped out of it's pokeball and stood beside him. "You heard it too." Flare gave him a nod in response. Good, so it wasn't his imagination. Getting up, he took a few steps away from where he was sitting and saw one of the other trainers and their Evee preparing to tackle the door. Was that where it came from? Wait, didn't the professor head into the very room. Things had definitely taken an eerie turn as Flare sat on his shoulder, waiting for what was too come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.