Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Versions

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Krowley Moderator

Pretty much agreed (Minus the opinion of Gen favorites since I forever love the first)
    I believe Unova is now half covered in water because of Kyurem.

2. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

Ah, gotcha. I must have misread what I read then. From what I was seeing in a pic, and reading, I saw 10. Now this just pisses me off more. They have never replaced gym leaders like this before. They have completely jumped off the road of what they usually do, found a new road and said lets go with it.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

actually they have. Just not all 8 at the same time. Think about it, with Gold and Silver we got Blue as the gym leader of Vermiliion City, and in Emerald, Juan took over for Wallace. It's only been a few changes, but it changed nonetheless. Besides, I think we keep forgetting there's not only 8 gyms in a region. The games don't follow the show, but if you take it as an example, there's always more than 8 gyms. All they do in the game is make it 8 specific gyms because otherwise you'd probably be trying to figure out what gym to go to
    What I want is a Dark Gym though. We've had 2 Elite Four members use Dark Types, but that's it. Out of all the games, only 2 people have used Dark Types, and they were Elite Four...I think we need a gym leader for dark already

4. Pinekaboo Chaser

So you're saying you'd prefer the exact same game again then? The thing about new games is that they have to have something new about them.

A point where it's fans are complaining about new content, it seems.

Didn't you just say you didn't want them to change things so drastically? And besides, if they did that it wouldn't be a Pokémon game, just another MMO that happens to be based around Pokémon.

Here's my two cents; I don't much like the new character designs, the female's hair looks too odd for me this time, so I'll probably go with the male one. I like the idea that the Unova region has changed, and the fact that it's set long after B&W is great. I mean, how many of us asked what Ghetsis was doing with the three dragon orbs and got no answer? Could just be a simple way to get you in possession of them, yeah, but GameFreak tend to do more than just that. We're not talking about the usual plothole-filled RPG that makes no sense, these are Pokémon games where almost everything that happens, happens for a reason. Remember the random mansion in R/B, and how every bit of info there was related to Mewtwo?
    When there was first news about these games, I was disappointed. I was looking forward to my Gray version. But this is better actually. It's not just some rehash of the previous games with a little bit slapped on at the end, it's a genuine sequel, something that Pokémon fans haven't gotten since Gold and Silver.

5. Krowley Moderator

I thought there were 3 elite four members to use Dark;
    Karen, Sidney, and Grimsley

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Oh yeah, forgot about him. Which is kinda dumb, considering he's probably my favorite out of all the Elite Four in Black and White. Well, Marshal is also pretty cool.

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Actually, they kind of have. Wallace was replaced (or was he the replacement?) in the same generation, Black and White had a different final gym leader, Kanto in Generation II had different gym leaders than before. I'm sure there's other cases. And also, think about it: Neither Elite 4 nor Gym Leader is a lifetime job. if the sequel takes place years later, then it would make sense that some of them have been replaced.

Also, at Wingly: From what I've heard (I think Slaughtermatic's the one that's mentioned it before), that's either damn near impossible, extremely expensive, or just a really long process. They'd have 649 Pokemon (not to mention Formes, Shinies, gender differences, and other variations) to animate being able to use every move that they're able to use and being hit by every move possible.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yeah yeah, I know. Just put me in the future where we have the technology for it. Or at least virtual reality. Then I can play Pokemon for real, pun intended.

I just realized, looking at the new map of Unova, what happened to all the towns up to Nacrene City? All of that area, and even the whole Eastern End of the map, is just frozen over. Are we gonna be able to even travel in those areas? It's like half the map was just taken away.

9. jafar custom title

You must have hated Gold, Silver, and Crystal then.

10. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

I haven't even played black or white yet(-dodges looks of shame-). Guess i'm not into anymore. Its basically the same story you just change the place, pokemon, gym leaders/elite four, and the evil organization that tries to take over the world.
    I played Blue/Yellow, Silver, Emerald, Fire-red, diamond, and soul-silver. I was so excited for the new ones until I saw my friend playing it. The only thing that interested me is the triple battles.

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Serebii's come up with some new information. None of it is confirmed yet, but we can consider them rumors right now.
    1) Cheren is a gym leader now
    2)The original leaker of the magazine states that the magazine showcases Cheren, Bianca, Brock and Giovanni
    3)The leaker also mentioned that there's a facility where various other leaders from the past games appear including Lance, Volkner, Blue, Misty & Stev

Also, something confirmed is that Tornadus, Thunderus, and Landorus have a second form, but you can only get these with the 3DS game Pokemon AR Searcher, and then sending them to Black and White 2.

I'm personally hoping for 2 and 3. It would be interesting to see Cheren as a gym leader, but I would also think it would be cool if he was the champion as well. Although he has the strength of a gym leader. Hoping it's true.

12. Pinekaboo Chaser

So much for throwing himself off a waterfall if that's true. The one genuinely shocking implication in the games and they render it moot by the next game.

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

wait....what? Throwing himself off a waterfall? Where did that come from? That last you see of him is in the extra stuff in HG/SS when you have Celebi at the shrine. What about that is him throwing himself off a waterfall?
    Besides, like they said, none of it is confirmed yet. So we have no idea if this is true or not

14. Pinekaboo Chaser

Listen carefully after he leaves in that scene. There's the sound of a heavy splash straight after, and if you attempt to follow him there's no sign of him. This is right after he talks about how he's giving up all hope of restoring Team Rocket. Not difficult to fit those together.

15. Hayabusa Venomous

Perhaps he had some kind of hidden hiding spot under the waterfall...or something...I dunno

I'd love to get to battle the old games' gym leaders though.

16. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

Run a gauntlet of all the gym leaders in order for each region.

17. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Now that I know this wont be like the first and it will have a new story line I might pick it up and maybe Pokemon Conquest too, Im not usually that good with RPGs and Pokemon games like I used to be (what happened to the awesome Pokemon Trainer I used to be?!!). They got one more chance to win me back or I wait till the next gen but if not then... goodbye Pokemon and hello to going back to the Digital World once again (Digimon).

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

just because there's a splash doesn't mean the guy jumped off a waterfall. It could just be that there was a hidden cave behind a waterfall. And we don't really know for sure if it was even in a waterfall

19. Pinekaboo Chaser

The hideout is in Tohjo Falls. There is definitely a waterfall there, players have travelled it many times.
    It's a widely agreed theory that because of the exact quotes (IE. "The precious dream of Team Rocket has been nothing but an illusion."), and the fact that the normal 'exiting a cave' sound effect is replaced by a splashing one, Giovanni had lost all hope of achieving his dream and commited suicide by jumping off the waterfall. Some of the quotes afterward hint at the same thing. Obviously, since there's no body or anything, it's not a 100% thing that he did, but at the very least it's obvious we were supposed to think that.

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

not sure what you mean by that, considering this is a child show, and no matter what, we haven't had a game where any characters have died. Not too mention, I'm sure the guy wouldn't kill himself, considering he has family