Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Versions

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I'm not entirely fond of the Main Character designs for these. I'm probably going to find myself playing as the female character, I can't stand the male's hair style.

2. Sumi suicidé

Wow so what is with their hair?? :c I'm kinda disappointed. The character designs are just not that great. I loved Black and White designs, and then this? Come on, Pokemon. D:

3. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

The Black and White designs were based off the 80s. Look at that hair it's definitely 80s. This time though it's more anime.

4. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yeeeeeeessss!! This is so awesome!! Rep deserved so much!!

I've been playing female since Ruby and Sapphire. I just don't like the designs for the males as much. They're kinda boring

6. Twilight Sparkle Merlin's Housekeeper

Sounds possibly interesting, if I don't lose interest Pokemon by then.

7. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Really? I hated the May and Dawn sprites. I didn't want to play as someone from the show because it would be a contrast to their character.

8. Krowley Moderator

Read an interesting article from IGN;

It's been a couple months since the minds of PokeManiacs worldwide were blown with the announcement of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, the very first numbered sequel for the core Pokemon games. Today some juicy new details have finally emerged thanks to Japanese manga magazine CoroCoro.

The new issue reveals that the game is still set in Unova, the region from the original Pokemon Black and White games, but that it features new locations, new trainers, new gym leaders and a new rival. The game takes place two years after the events of Black and White, and the Unova region has undergone some major changes during that time. It seems at least part of the map is frozen in ice (thanks to legendary ice Pokemon Kyurem, perhaps?), while other areas have been altered from what they were like in Black and White.

[​IMG]

Among the new areas is one called Hiougi City (a name likely set to change with the stateside release), and new gym leaders include one who specializes in Poison and one who specializes in Water. As for your rival, he's the trainer with the spiky hair pictured above (thanks to Serebii for the scan, as well as the translation).

It was also revealed that the Unova Pokedex in these sequels has 300 Pokemon in it, rather than the 155 that Black and White had. Furthermore, we now know that Black Kyurem will know the move Freeze Shock and White Kyurem will know Ice Burn. Familiar monsters from other generations spotted in the updated Unova Pokedex include Psyduck, Riolu, Metagross, Tyranitar, Lapras and Arcanine.

More news will inevitably continue to show up as Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2's Japanese release this June approaches, so stay tuned. And, as always, keep it here on IGN for all things Pokemon.

9. Scruffy Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm def. gonna be getting this one.

What concerns me is that this isn't made specifically for 3DS. I feel as if it's a lost opportunity.

Of course, I loved the story of Black and White, so I'm hoping to expect an equally good one from these.

10. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

So it seems your home town is a city and pokemon sprites/animation are a bit different now this time. Here is a video with the opening of the game too.
    [video=youtube;ifWzy9P2EnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifWzy9P2EnM[/video]

11. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

It's nice to see the sprites getting fluid animations as well as the characters themselves in the overworld. Also if you look at the battle between Oshawott and Snivy doesn't it look a bit automated? Like Oshawoot used Tailwhip and everything after that just went by so quickly that it didn't look like they put in any more commands. They might have changed the battle system a bit.

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I actually liked playing the characters that are in the show. It gives it a little more realism to me. But yeah, I didn't like Dawn's design either, but I liked the boy's design even less.
    What I'm really hoping for this game is being able to rebattle gym leaders, like they've done in Platinum and SoulSilver/HeartGold. Although, more like Platinum, because i hated how they made it to rebattle gym leaders in HG/SS

And what I really wish is that we get a second rival or something that we don't know of. I just liked having 2 rivals instead of one. If there's only one, they should at least make it you fight him often

I'm just wondering, why can't we ever get normal people for water-gyms anymore? We first had Misty(who I have to admit, got really Hot in HG/SS), and Wallace/Juan in Emerald, but now we seem to keep getting people that don't know how to wear shirts...what's up with that?

13. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

so im guessing that pokemon black and white 2 will come to north america in either september through november or next year, and that everyone will get piss that they didn't make a remake of pokemon R/S/E, or at least pokemon gray.

14. Hayabusa Venomous

Liking the new animations. Hopefully a lot of trainers get it. At least the Rival(s), Bosses, and Gym Leaders.
    Not liking the new Main Characters. Well, mainly the Male one with his dumb looking bush-hair. B/W1 had my favorites next to R/B/G.
    I'm guessing there won't be any new Pokemon except the Legendaries that haven't been revealed publicly yet, like Genesect and Meloetta.

15. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

I really don't like the fact that they have completely changed the game with new cast, new region looks, FREAKING 10 GYM LEADERS!!!! What has the series come to???? Can I not just have a mmorpg game with the play style of Pokemon: Gale of darkness graphics, Massive freeroam world like wow, fully customizable trainer, pick my starting region, play against all the other trainers in the world.

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

wait what, ten gym leaders? Are you sure? It's always been 8, I doubt they'll put 10 gym leaders. Are you confusing those 2 new gym leaders as extras/. The gyms in this game are gonna be completely different this time around

17. Krowley Moderator

Are these the 2 new gym leaders?
    [​IMG]

Making 10 instead of 8 would definitely be a change though

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

19. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

That would be awesome, but it wouldn't be a Main Series game, which is what Black 2 and White 2 are. Being disappointed that this game isn't an MMO or even another game like Pokemon Coliseum (which I would love, personally) isn't fair since it's, like I said, a main series game. While I'm not a fan of everything they add in every generation, they realize that they reusing virtually the same story with a few new aspects of gameplay and better graphics won't support the series forever (though it probably would for a really long time). While I don't consider Black and White the best series out there or as amazing as other people seem to think it is, it's definitely an improvement to their formula. Hell, I would even say it's probably my third favorite generation now. Next to II and III

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, considering how long they've been doing it, I doubt they'll change a lot of stuff. I mean, so far they changed the TM rule, which was actually a great idea, but I doubt they'll do anything drastic which just destroys the series all together. Although, a cool thing that would be nice is if we somehow got a game that you control the pokemon in battles and it's like a real-time battle thing....or something like that. Basically you can have battles that are like in the show