Kingdom Hearts II No "Sanctuary?"

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Gelatinous Ghost, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Hello all.

I remember hearing "Sanctuary" by Utada Hikaru during the opening cinematic of KH2 as a kid, and I loved it. Perhaps even more so than "Simple and Clean." I am just now starting the World That Never Was, and it occurred to me that I do not remember hearing Sanctuary when I began the game.

Sure, a simple selection of New Game at the title screen and a reset could solve this for me, but I ask you lot instead. I know that some legal matters occurred between Square and Utada some time ago, the details of which I do not know. so I thought perhaps Square lost the rights to the song or something.

So, was Sanctuary included in II.5 HD and my memory is just garbage, or wasn't it? ​

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

You probably encountered a glitch. I remember hearing it during the opening (and almost crying when seeing the opening in beautiful HD) with no problems whatsoever.

3. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Hmm. This merits a new game just to relive it. Thank you good citizen. ​

4. Explode Who?!

I doubt this is the case, but if you're playing the Japanese version of 2.5, and hacked the game so it was in English, then it would have skipped the opening (along with a few other) cutscenes. Otherwise it's either a glitch, you skipped it without thinking, or you forgot.