Need very serious help.

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Nov 21, 2014.

1. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

So I don't know how to ask this or bring this up at all, so I'm just going to paste what I said in the campaign here

My name is James Cobb. I've recently run into financial trouble. I'm currently living with a close friend; the same day I arrived, there was a bat loose in the walls of the apartment. In a panic we called the landlord to plan out repairs to bat-proof the apartment while dealing with scratches and screeches in the walls. Our landlord seemed more than cooperative... until the next day, when he stopped by under the guise of checking out the attic for bats. Instead, he stopped by to give my friend an eviction notice and said he was no longer comfortable with the weekly payment structure they informally agreed on a year ago.

Thankfully, he is looking into the bats so hopefully that will no longer be an issue in a few days. Also thankfully, I have just enough in my bank account to get us up to speed and avoid eviction. Bad news? It will take every dime I have and every penny she has for the next couple months to play catch-up and earn enough to live decently. There will be no money for food, water, electricity, gas, or any other possible expense.

I need around $230 total to make it through the next two months. This is a lot to ask of the small communities I frequent and the random people out there who may find this. But right now, I can only rely on your kindness. If just 20 people pitch in $10 a piece, we'll be in the ball park of keeping me off the streets until I begin work.

Thank you for reading. Any and all amounts will help.

http://www.gofundme.com/hk6mfw

Help if you can or want to, spread the word, and remember that you're a saint for anything you do to get me out of this jam.

-Thread approved by staff
    -Image made Nova

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

bump

3. Karuta Reborn

I'm p broke myself right now, but once I get some $$$ I'll be sure to send some your way.

Good luck.

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

<3 Thank you.

Don't break the bank for me or take cutbacks, but I won't turn away help either :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  5. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I really wish I had money to spare. But unfortunately, I don't. Odd how that works out. Feeling like I'm working all the time and never any money that isn't tied up in bills/food/etc.

6. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Awwwwww babe I'd send money if I had any ;_;

7. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

We'll all broke... Sorry, man.

8. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Well, I got one donation out of it. Possibly two-three. Those who're finding dollars they can go without and making a sacrifice for me to continue are no less than saints to me. ;~~~;[DOUBLEPOST=1416621091][/DOUBLEPOST]Someone donated $5 under the name "M.C".

Don't know who you are, but bless you!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  9. Trigger hewwo uwu

If I had money to spare I'd gladly give you some ): everything will be okay brotherman

10. The Fuk? Dead

I'll give what I can. We can also work out a loan if the donations stop coming in.

11. Stardust Chaser

All the best :C At this exact moment I'm not sure if I can donate, but if I can I will.

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

James my bro, I sent some money your way.

Good luck (:

13. Jin うごかないで

same as above if i can survive without a few things during the course of next week i can send you about £5-10 dunno what that is in USD but all the same good luck.

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator/

15. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

HUGE! HUUUUUGE! HUUUUUUUUUUUGE THANKS TO @Nate_River for the big $20 donation! I don't know how much that was Austrailian, but man it put me very close to making it the first month.

Also thanks to @Hayabusa for the same amount (I think it was you). You guys are really changing my life with this. Brick by brick, dollar by dollar, I feel we will make it.

Tomorrow I should be mentioned in a stream too, so that'll help.

Thank you! We topped out at $70 it seems, but your $15 is above expectations and I thank you greatly for it!

As far as loans go, we'll talk. I'm desperate enough at the moment that I've already withdrew the money so that I can afford what I need.

Again, don't break the bank over it. IF you can spare anything or find a way to go without, you'll giving me a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving

Thank you for the sympathy :) Again, don't put yourself in your own financial corner but any and all will help.

Thank you so SO SO SO MUCH dude <3 Really touched by the people who've come together so far. By the power of pure human kindness, I will be able to exist.

Special thanks to @Amaury for the calculator, but don't even question if it will help. No matter the amount, it will help!

16. Hayabusa Venomous

Wasn't me. Trying to plan out how I'm spending my check within the upcoming week (my birthday on Tuesday, Black Friday sales, etc.) but I will donate something. I just want to make sure it's at least an amount I'd be OK with.

If I get any money on my birthday, bet your ass some of it's going your way Jay.

17. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Okay, appreciate ALL of what you said. Serious tears.

But.... Who donated $20 anonymously? I'd love to thank them personally.

18. Hayabusa Venomous

Also shared your link on Tumblr (even if I'm not at all popular there)

Clearly it was a Meowth rubbing up against a computer. Or something.

19. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

20. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I get paid on the 15th and can gladly donate when that comes in. And since you said you'll be good for about a month (or more now) that should come in before your funds run dry. Best of luck.