Square-Enix Need Recommendation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mysty, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Mysty Unknown

So tomorrow the game SAO: Hollow Fragment comes out. I'm assuming its only going to be $40 on PSN since its rare for any Vita game to go over $40 over here. So I'm going to have $10 dollars left over and wanted to ask which Final Fantasy I should get since most of them are only 10$. This would be FFIV-FFIX. I will NOT do FFVII so I'd like another idea. I haven't played any of them so don't really know what to expect from any.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

People say IX is really good.

3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Final Fantasy IV or Final Fantasy IX.

Both are my favorites. IV is my first one and has (in my opinion) the best battle theme. The plot is great and the battle system is versatile. IX has a fantastic plot and lovable characters. The art style is a bit weird, admittedly, but it's great. It also plays smoothly.

Those are just my opinions though, and someone better versed can probably help more.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

IV-VI are a little old-fashioned, so if you're not sure you'll like that you may wanna steer clear. My favorites in the batch are IX for characters and V for job mechanics... with VIII a close third, but considering its shortcomings I couldn't in good conscience recommend it to anyone.

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Final Fantasy IV was an amazing game and my 2nd favorite FF so far (FF2 is my number one favorite).

6. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Definitely FFIX. Its easily one of my favourite FF games (If not my favourite) that never ceases to entertain. Everything about it is lovely! If you go for any FF game go for that; the story, characters and music will not disappoint.

7. libregkd -

8. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

FFIX is the best Final Fantasy.

Further more, why don't you want to do VII?

9. Bareri-San 私はポテトだ。

I can not recommend FFIX enough. All time favourite FF game and JRPG in general. Has a nice story, a relatable cast and some of the nicest music I've heard to date, it also has some pretty nice graphics for a PS1 game. I wouldn't say its "DA BES FF GAEM EVA!!1!" but its still a really nice under appreciated game in the franchise that really deserves all the love it can get.

10. Mysty Unknown

I've tried FFVII. The only thing that game has going for it is story. Everything else is just unappealing. The battle system in my opinion. OPINION! Is trash and feels lazy. Its not entertaining enough to keep my interest. Gameplay on it to me just feels poor.

11. libregkd -

12. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Then don't play IV, V, VI, VIII, or IX. Same battle system.