Mozilla Firefox Blurry Text

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Has anyone else been having minor issues with text going blurry after Mozilla Firefox updated itself to 17.0.1? It returns to normal after a few seconds, but I'm just wondering what it could be.

Enlarge the screenshot to see where it is.

[​IMG]

2. Karuta Reborn

Use chrome.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

I like Google Chrome, but I prefer Mozilla Firefox currently since it has theme add-ons. Google Chrome doesn't.

It'll probably be fixed in an update, anyway, but I was just asking to see if it was just me or not.

4. Karuta Reborn

google chrome has more themes and addons than firefox

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

I know it does, but they only get the background of the New Tab page, not the actual interface where File, Edit, etc. are.

6. Karuta Reborn

Some do, official chrome ones do but usually third party ones don't. I prefer a faster browser though, themes don't bother me and the only addon I use is adblock.

7. Misty gimme kiss

Chrome is not a "better" browser, it just depends on what you're looking for. I stick by Firefox because I have some irreplaceable add-ons and I'm not apart of the Google cult. He's not looking to switch browsers, just get help with the program he's using.

At any rate, Amaury, if it's bothering you you could try toggling this setting: go into your Options, then the Advanced tab, and uncheck "use hardware acceleration."

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Thanks for this information.

It's not that frequent, but it does get annoying at times; I'll definitely disable it if it becomes too annoying. It's similar to how a few versions back (back when KH-V was still on vBulletin -- I don't remember if it was 4.1.3 or 4.1.11, though), there were some text issues. Additionally, the time on YouTube videos, if the Mozilla Firefox window was maximized, which, obviously, it always was, appeared messed up.

Anyway, what exactly is hardware acceleration? I've noticed it's on some of my games, too, such as Insaniquarium Deluxe.

9. Misty gimme kiss

It'll vary from program to program, it's basically what it says on the tin though, it's going to try to make your computer run more efficiently. I think Firefox has its own built in text-smoothing separate from ClearType, I had to disable that option when I installed a custom text smoothing program. I don't know if that'll fix it but it's worth a go. Otherwise, report the issue to Mozilla & I'm sure they'll address it in their next update if others are having the problem.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

Alright, I'll report it to support.

May I request a lock now, please? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.