"Looks Like My Summer Vacation Is Over"

Discussion in 'Departure Hall' started by Mike, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Chaser

Hey guys! I know this is random, but I'm writing my departure from KH-Vids as a reporter. I've been thinking about the future and what I've provided for KH-Vids. I know at first this will be hard for me, but I do think it's for the best.

In 2008 my goal was to help KH-Vids with updates, because at the time there was only Xaldin reporting and he left and I figured I could help out with the main page. Back in 2007, Xaldin created a video with hacked gameplay from Kingdom Hearts II. He scripted the video and had me voice as Roxas. After working with him and creating my own videos as Roxas, I decided to launch the fandub production in 2009 with hope that fans could dub scenes in English before Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days released worldwide.

From there I was able to get the community involved with the fandub productions for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance and some future videos geared towards the future of the Kingdom Hearts series. The experience has been amazing and I have no regrets. The fan base is filled with talented members and I had the chance to work with many people.

I think what I find amazing is how the community has connected. There's so many sites out there and they're all competitive, but some how I was able to connect KH-Vids with KHInsider and KH13, along with my site (KH Recharged). One of my favorite things that I created for the community was the Christmas project. It was awesome. It was quite lame back in the day, but it went from a digital Christmas card to an audio project and later progressed as a video project that involved many Kingdom Hearts sites.

But with that said, I'm not giving up! It's just...sometimes we move on, right? I have two websites, and I feel that it's also time to close my Britney site and work strictly on KH-Recharged. I think there's a lot I want to accomplish with my site and I believe that I didn't give it the time I wanted.

I graduate from college this May and I'll have a BA in television and radio. I've been interning this summer and I've started to produce for the non-profit organization that I've been working with for over four years now. There's so much I want to do! I love to act and voice as characters, but I've also grown an interest towards producing and interviewing people. I'm not sure exactly where my career path will take me, but I feel that I need to dedicate some more time to it.

When I'm not consumed by school and my job, I plan to work on my Kingdom Hearts site during my spare time and I will continue with the fandub production over at my site and hopefully tie it together with KH-Vids, if that's alright with everyone? I didn't want to take that away from anybody. I feel that KH-Vids is a strong team, but I also feel there's a lot of us. It's different from 2008. That's not a bad thing! It's a good thing! It's just that I feel my time is up. I haven't updated the front page much, so I hope someone else can take my spot and provide a little more work to the front page compared to what I've done this past year.

Anyway, that's about it! I guess I'll see you all on the forums.

2. Arch Mana Knight

I remember that video when it first came out. One of the reasons why I always said Xaldin was the best admins. ...Despite not being good at admin-ing. It was great when you took over reporting. Good luck with life and stuff. ...Not good at responding to these threads.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Please do stick around the forum, Mike! :)

Looks like you really thought this through. I remember how last time you resigned you came back. :)

Here's to being pink!

4. Stardust Chaser

Thanks for everything, Mike. I hope to see you around the forum. Best of luck with your career & projects.

5. Llave Superless Moderator

Mike it may sound daft but you've been the forerunner of what we call a Reporter on KH-Vids today. Thank you for giving your time, your passion, your love, and your friendship to so many of us, both as a staff member and as a friend.

Catch ya on the flip o' them forums tough guy.

6. Krowley Moderator

I know you've devoted a lot of time and such to this forum. For that I salute you and wish you luck on your other projects.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into our community! Good luck with all your stuff~

and please do keep us updated on fandub stuff; it's fun to watch and i'm hoping to actually get in on it one of these days

8. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I know we don't talk as much as we used to (or really at all ahaha), but I'm still glad we're friends.

See ya around, babe. ;D

9. Mike Chaser

Thanks everyone! I'm glad I was able to work with KHV for as long as I have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.