List of Bugs/Mistakes in the HD ReMixes

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Explode, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Explode Who?!

SPOILERS WILL FOLLOW.

Creating this thread for public reference, and on the off-chance that there might be a patch or future re-releases of these games.

To preface, I don't think the HD versions are bad. In fact, they're my favorite versions of the games to date. But they aren't without their problems. Following is a comprehensive list of everything that's (negatively) different from the original games, or somewhat lacking in the PS3 port, ranging from tiny nitpicks to progression blockers. I wouldn't expect all of them to be fixed, but I figured it was best to share all information anyway. Anything I missed you can post below for me to add.

[​IMG]

Bugs:

~ Red Trinity outside Oogie's Manor in Halloween Town. If you don't get this Trinity before sealing Halloween Town, it will be inaccessible (still visible, but no command appears), unless the Chimera heartless spawns, in which case you can trigger it after defeating the heartless. If you do get the Trinity before sealing the keyhole, it may appear again afterwards, totally inaccessible, though it still counts as having gotten it in your journal.

~ Floating platform where you fight Darkside Heartless (during Destiny Islands' destruction) has texture glitch along the edge. Clearly displayed in cutscene. During battle, if you angle the camera in certain ways, it will appear fixed, but otherwise has a weird border.

~ Scene where Maleficent awakens Riku's full potential, lights above in the Castle Chapel flicker. The timing and number of flickers is not consistent, but as far as I can tell, it happens every time.

~ Sometimes in the first cutscene in the End of the World, the background music will not play.

Minor Gripes:

~ When transitioning between cutscenes and gameplay, the camera will often jolt into place, rather than have the smooth fade of the original. This is the result of the change in aspect ratio from the original game, but could still be fixed with either minor animation or programming tweaks.

~ Occasionally subtitles will take up three full lines, when it used to be limited to two, taking up a large portion of the screen.

[​IMG]

Minor Gripes:

~ Cutscenes were not re-rendered (except for one or two), and thus models and textures have not been updated during cutscenes.

~ Occasional artifacting/interlacing in certain cutscenes, that was not present in the original. Happens during very fast moments (ex: Lexaeus slams RIku against the ceiling, Riku Replica runs towards Marluxia, etc.)

[​IMG]

Gameplay Bugs:

~ Game crashes. Can happen during several boss fights (happened for me during The Experiment).

~ Randomly missing "Reversal" reaction command in Final Xemnas fight. Becomes a huge problem for level 1 Critical Mode.

Audio Bugs:

~ Sound effects that are played in close succession are skipped. (ex: half of Xigbar's shots during his desperation move).

~ Battle dialog is sometimes quiet or doesn't play at all. Seems partially related to the camera's distance from the character making sound. (most notable in Jafar and Saix fights, present in Zexion, Luxord, Sephiroth, and others).

~ In TWTNW cutscene shortly after Xigbar fight, Xemnas' dialog is out of sync with his lips ("Rejoice and feast on these hearts we offer...").

~ Cutscene after Armored Xemnas 1, Donald and Goofy's victory laughs aren't heard (right before Mickey says "Gosh, you all did great").

Game Performance:

~ Long load times when going into a drive form or summoning. Sora is invincible during transformation, but enemies can recover/retaliate in the time that it takes to transform. Pause buffering (pausing the game during transformation) is a workaround, but annoying.

~ Long load times when transitioning game areas. Difference when going to adjacent game areas is negligible, but loading is especially long when loading an area from a completely different world (ex: absent silhouettes)

~ Temporary freezing at the start of certain boss fights, or when enemies spawn in at certain locations. (Larxene AS, Cerberus, top of Ruin and Creation's Passage, parts of Timeless River, etc.) [English versions only]

Mistakes:

~ In the cutscene before Axel fight 2, the camera goes through the flames, causing a white flash.

Aspect Ratio Mistakes:

Some game assets were not properly recreated to match the new 16:9 aspect ratio. The difference is not huge, but there will be small gaps on either side of the screen, where you can see the layer behind it.

~ In battle:

• Zexion fight, white flash after Dispell reaction command.
    • Xigbar fight, some of the static effects when reflecting his sniper rifle shots back at him.
    ~ In cutscenes:

• Roxas Day 4 - static when falling off station tower.
    • Scene before Armored Xemnas 2 fight, as screen is wiped during arena change.
    Aspect Ratio/Animation Quirks:

In some scenes, characters going on or off screen have weird animation snaps, or might overstay their welcome. This is a result of the widened field of view. Most notably:

• In new FM scene with Axel, Xaldin, and Xemnas. Xemnas jolts from one pose to another as the camera pans over to him.
    • As heartless step out of frame when Cloud and Sephiroth first meet in the game, one of the heartless is still visible, even though they all should have left.
    [​IMG]

Game Performance:

~ Slight frame rate drops during both cutscenes and gameplay. Does not typically hinder gameplay, but is annoying.

~ Long load times for D-Links. Gameplay pauses during this, so not a huge problem, but once again, annoying. (To give credit where it's due, all other gameplay loading, especially area transitions, are surprisingly short).

Mistakes:

~ Ventus' heart station in the introduction is not the correct one. It displays the Land of Departure emblem, as well as the Wayfinders, which Ven should not know about. They mistakenly used the same heart station seen at the very end of his story.

~ In the secret ending, Aqua has her old PSP model and textures. Everyone else's have been updated for this scene, except for hers. Possibly related to unforeseen problems, with the tears that run down her cheeks having to be redone for the new model?

~ In the Keyblade Graveyard cutscene, the dust particles on the torrent of keyblades Xehanort summoned are missing.

~ In Aqua's final fight with Xehanort, all the gold particles are missing from the area where you can use Dual Limit with Terra (which Xehanort's guardian transports you to).

Other Gripes:

~ The skybox in the Castle of Dreams' Palace Courtyard is a solid blue color, with no other shades. Original version had stars and a gradient. Can be a little painful to look at.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Here's a great video by Bizkit047 discussing the major issues with KH2FM on PS3.

I thought it was worth plugging, because there's a better chance that someone who matters stumbles upon the video over my ramblings.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Quoted from my thread: http://kh-vids.net/threads/list-of-bugs.148974/ Yours is more official. :)

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

In Re:CoM HD, there have been times when the game freezes during gameplay in Halloween Town (I believe while playing as Riku). Can't remember if this existed in the PS2 version of Re:CoM as well...

And if we're mentioning gripes...

-Ansem's model in Re:CoM HD is the old one, not the updated one from KHFM HD.
    -They really should've used the updated BGM from KHFM HD for the returning worlds in Re:CoM HD. What's funny is that those remastered themes were used for the 358/2 Days movie instead.

4. Explode Who?!

Ansem's model is the same because they actually didn't re-render any of the cutscenes in ReCoM (except for the first one inside the castle). It's obvious if you look at Sora's pixelated glove texture. But yeah, it's annoying. And you reminded me of the artifacting issues in some ReCoM scenes. Gonna add those.

5. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

I've noticed a couple of things in Re:CoM as well.
    First of all, if you are on a ladder and press jump while holding up, it flashes the jump pose for a split second and then skips to them slightly lower down on the ladder.
    Also, if you're in a bottomless darkness room and quickly pan past the door with the camera, the door appears distorted and glitchy.

Another thing, on my game I can't seem to access any of the 2nd key to reward rooms, despite having clear data for Sora and Riku, and having 100% 358/2 trophy data. Though this could just be me being an idiot and missing something important.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

These were in the originals as well, so I'm not sure if they count.

• In Kingdom Hearts, Aladdin has no battle cry for falling to or below 50% health and just says one of his generic receiving damage cries; however, he does have a battle cry for being knocked out: "Sorry, guys..."
    • In Kingdom Hearts II, Aladdin does have a battle cry for falling to or below 25% health: "Not good..." However, he has no battle cry for being knocked out and just says one of his generic receiving damage cries.

7. Explode Who?!

I don't consider it a glitch, since it's on the voice acting end. There's no extra audio files found in the game for Aladdin that don't play.

Added a couple other things I remembered.

KH2:

~ In the cutscene before Axel fight 2, the camera goes through the flames, causing a white flash.

BBS:

~ In the Keyblade Graveyard cutscene, the dust particles on the torrent of keyblades Xehanort summons are missing.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

So how would you explain the switch-a-roo oddity? o.O

9. Explode Who?!

I can't, really. Pretty sure we talked about this before. They probably just did a bunch of voice takes and when it got time to putting it in the game, realized they came up short, so they added a generic line there. Don't remember if it's in the Japanese version too, but if so, the English just followed the same pattern. Or not. There's probably not a good reason for it. It just is.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

I suppose they could have just used his "Sorry..." knocked out battle cry from Kingdom Hearts in Kingdom Hearts II, but then the question is why didn't they have a low health battle cry from him in Kingdom Hearts? /rhetorical

Game companies are weird.

11. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or is somehow plot related and just passed me by, but in KH2 final mix Captain Jack doesn't have any of his abilities automatically equipped like every other world based party member, you have to equip them all yourself. I noticed when I was trying to figure out why the limit with him wasn't working. I don't remember it happening in the original but again I could be mistaken :)

12. Explode Who?!

Yeah, this was in the original. It happens to several of the party members. I think it might be a side effect of them being forced out of the party from a story event. Good catch though.

13. Amaury Legendary Hero

It happens with Jack Sparrow after he is betrayed by Will, Goofy after the Demyx battle in Hollow Bastion, and Auron sometime between after your first visit and before your second visit to Olympus Coliseum. However, for Jack Sparrow and Auron, it's not announced beforehand for some reason, but it is for Goofy, so I think it's as designed.

There are various other points where party members are forced out of your party, such as the both times Sora fights solo on the mountain peak in The Land of Dragons. However, Donald, Goofy, and Mulan don't lose their equipment and equipped abilities.

14. Nobodyslight Merlin's Housekeeper

This May just be me, but when fighting sephiroth on critical, after losing once or twice, whenever you go up to talk to him again, the screen goes to the loading screen with no rotating heart, and keeps the hollow bastion music for about ten seconds, then resets all the way back to the select a game menu.

Also, does anyone else realize that if you pause after activating a drive, and wait about 3 seconds or so, unpause, it will be ready.?

15. Explode Who?!

I've never heard of that before. It happens every time? So you can't beat Sephiroth?

Yeah, that's called "pause buffering". It takes a while for drive forms to load, but it continues loading even if the game is paused.

16. Nobodyslight Merlin's Housekeeper

No, I have to completely turn off my system and wait a while before trying again. And no, I beat him. Kept dying due to a combo plus ability