Square-Enix Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Aug 31, 2012.

1. libregkd -

2. A Zebra Chaser

not sure why nobody posted these Aerith and Yuna costume trailers:

3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Ew. And Aerith costume.

Makes me sick.

4. C This silence is mine

And why does it make you sick?

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

Localized Opening Movie

I'm not sure what's even happening but hey, at least it looks pretty.

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Because I dislike Aerith with a bloody passion, and Lightning is my favorite. Lightning wearing Aerith's clothes is just no thanks for me.

(To anyone: Don't even pull the "You don't have to wear it" thing on me. I know that, I'm not an idiot, and I'm allowed my opinion)

7. C This silence is mine

They're video game characters. It shouldn't make you sick that there is an optional thing in a game, where one character can wear the clothes of another. If you're stressing out over something like that, you should find another hobby.

8. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Whatever.

That's cool. Looking forward to the game! ^.

9. libregkd -

10. C This silence is mine

11. A Zebra Chaser

Have you tried FFVII Crisis Core

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

It's the only reason i can't hate her with a bloody passion. Just dislike her.

13. cstar stay away from my waifu

Ugh, am I the only person who is seriously bugged by the costumes from other FF characters? I mean, I know in the past they have made winks to other games, but these costumes have really bugged me. They could be putting some time into making a completely original costume set for Lightning, or heck, make it so you can change Snow's outfits or something...

But I can't look at these Cloud, Aerith, and Yuna costumes without thinking, "Hooray for preordering and dlc because these costumes totally shouldn't be for free...."

14. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, that's about 50% of the fanbase right now, including me, I guess. There's nothing we can do about it other than... not using it. I also cannot take Lightning seriously anymore what with her wearing these characters' costumes who were of completely different personalities and attributes. Certainly they are just costumes and have little to no real effect in combat, but knowing the characters who wore them creates a strange juxtaposition.

I see this being compared to Dresspheres from Final Fantasy X-2, which was also directed by Motomu Toriyama and his undying love to dress up girls. Of course, the battle system for FFX-2 turned out to be very solid, but knowing that they'll keep a very similar system for Lightning Returns, this will seem just as much an afterthought as the monster-hunter/creator thing in XIII-2.

15. A Zebra Chaser

16. A Zebra Chaser

Surprised nobody has shared this yet

17. Patman Bof

I just read on FFDream that the Japanese dub will be available in Europe as a DLC. It will be free during the two weeks following the game release, and paying after that.

18. A Zebra Chaser

Interesting approach.
    Seems like a cheap attempt to monetize something they could have included for free, but I'm guessing the reasoning is that they couldn't fit both tracks on the Xbox 360.
    Overall, I have no major issues with this, I'm a lot more interested in this round of DLC after seeing XIII-2

19. Patman Bof

When the guys from FFDream interviewed Toriyama and Kitase a few months back (I think I posted the vid here) they gave them a soldier Lightning fanart, suggesting that it would be nice as a bonus outfit. It seems they were receptive since they indeed made a Cloud outfit and even anounced that this fanart can be seen in the game.

The guys from FFDream also pretty much begged them for a Japanese dub, claiming there' s a lot of demand for this. Toriyama and Kitase seemed super dubious and answered data storage capacity would be an issue. FFDream suggested they make two separate editions or something.

I guess the DLC option they chose instead makes much more sense on a practical level, and that way they' ll be able to check out if there' s a high demand for that indeed. If there is, they might plan that from starters in the future. Or make it their new cash cow.

20. A Zebra Chaser