Let's Talk About Zero Suit Samus

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Hayabusa, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Physics would like a word with you

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I said makes sense- I didn't say it was perfect and would function. Hence why I followed it up with the James Bond comparison

3. C This silence is mine

Her new heels are clearly hooker heels. But they look just as good on Samus as they did on Bayonetta.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

Only once people stop making shite game "journalism" discussions (oh yeah I dun think that's stopping any time soon) :>

While I personally don't mind the heels at all on Samus (as I've stated,) Bayonetta's whole persona is sexualization. She chooses to sexualize herself, but only to establish dominance, kinda like "Yeah, I'm sexy, and can kick your ass." Samus comes off as more a character who wears them for function, and wouldn't care if they looked ugly or not, but thankfully the designers know better than to give her stupid bulky-looking (more importance on the word "looking") combat boots.

ALSO I LIKE THE BLUE AND YELLOW.

5. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

I think heels are ugly and stupid.

And I don't like the color scheme.

6. burnitup Still the Best 1973

SAMUS CONFIRMED FOR HAVING AN IQ OF A HAMSTER

7. Hayabusa Venomous

I guess Chell from Portal also falls into this category.

8. A Zebra Chaser

she does have a mild case of severe brain damage...

9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Those heels were more practical the Samus' because they were more like springs and were made to prevent injury from huge drops, which was a must have for Apature's experiments with the Portal Gun. Samus' heels make no sense and even though there are rockets in them that could have easily be implemented if they were just flat with maybe a few added inches.
    SHHHHHHHH!

10. A Zebra Chaser

Hold on
    are you suggesting platform shoes are somehow better than heels?
    Especially for a character based around agility?

11. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm pretty sure I won't be alone in preferring the style in which they implemented the rocket propulsion system through heels than fatter soles or platform shoes. I find them stylish, not degrading. Why can't people ease off the designers for this one thing? Samus isn't suddenly a weak character who needs the protection of a man (well...so long as you don't look at the abominable plot of Other M.)

12. A Zebra Chaser

Inb4 it turns out ZSSamus has a completely redesigned moveset based around summoning men to save her form tough situations

13. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

They're not rocket propelled. Rocket fuel wouldn't be infinitely sustainable as they are shown in the game. Look at that volume, impossible. It's exotic matter (read: magic fairy particles) or some other kind of McGuffin drive that's powering the whole thing. Now, it's really hard to tell where the jet we're seeing is actually coming from on the shoe thing, but I think that it's fair to say the heels are either some kind of stabilizer that controls the direction of the jet or some kind of mechanism that needs to be separate to create some arcing action like Nu Gundam's funnels perhaps. Anyhow, it's not rocket propelled, there's also not a smoke trail that a burning fuel would probably leave.

14. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I have no idea where that "weak woman needs strong man" thing came from. I never said anything like it. My problem is heels are actually really impractical to fight in and I just hate it when people have to make a woman fight in heels in fiction because it is really stupid. Plus heels under armor that don't have heels themselves must be the most uncomfortable thing ever.

I realize this is also mighty hypocritical of me as I make an exception for some characters here and there...

And I hate Other M. I hate it so much.
    So basically the Ridley Freakout from Other M?

15. A Zebra Chaser

Metroid Prime isn't canon anymore, but I'm fairly certain the fuel in that game was super efficient, not sure about the smoke, but eh, alien technology[DOUBLEPOST=1398383045][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Her final smash is having Adam sacrifice himself to defeat her opponents

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

You sure it isn't canon? Remember Me Guy was first introduced in one of those games.

No, Adam would shoot her in the back as the enemy is in front of her, putting her in danger, and then the opponent attacks Samus but she is saved in the nick of time by Adam kill stealing from Samus.

17. A Zebra Chaser

It's not canon, they removed the prime series in order to accommodate for Other M
    and apparently Remember Me guy is from Super Metroid

18. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Meh. Whatever. We can all agree that Other M is dreck.

19. A Zebra Chaser

And three non-dreck games and pinball and Hunters were denied their birthright for this dreck

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Other M: The Joffery of Metroid games.