Let's Talk About Zero Suit Samus

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Hayabusa, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Yup. Which sticks out your chest and butt a bit. Not much, but it's there.

2. Hayabusa Venomous

Standing in heels forces your body into a different posture that visibly displays the parts of your body that are usually sexualized in women: the chest and the butt, due to causing the body to curve differently because of the shift in weight caused by wearing the heeled shoes, while also giving off the impression of longer, more slender legs, which many people in the modern age seem to like in women. The effect is exaggerated further as the length of the heel is increased.

3. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Huh. I've never noticed that.

4. A Zebra Chaser

It's worth noting that Samus' heels are pretty short and fat, then

5. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

6. Trigger hewwo uwu

i think it's unsafe for women to wear high heels if everyone in the video game community is going to turn into horndogs who have to write articles about why it's bad just to keep their hands out of their pants

7. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

My thoughts exactly. "Oh no, she isn't dressing in baggy jeans and a sweatshirt underneath a burka, so sexist!"

8. A Zebra Chaser

But of course when guys wear them nobody cares

[​IMG]

9. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

But Raiden is actually hot though

10. Trigger hewwo uwu

did it get hot in here or is it just me

11. A Zebra Chaser

Stop objectifying men

12. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

See, I will never understand why saying someone is hot is objectifying them. Like, how dare I state that they're attractive what kind of fiend am I?

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm just going to put out that I don't care whether or not they put her in heels or not, because we've seen plenty of people fight in heels in other videos games, and it's not like they don't play just fine either way. And if they wan't to go about it that way, then they might as well say they're doing the same thing to those other characters as well. All it is is a costume design, and if anyone wants to make such a big thing out of it, then they might as well freak out over every little thing about all the females in every game made so far that doesn't fit their quota about what makes a strong or weak female character.

14. A Zebra Chaser

Sexual attraction isn't a thing, clearly thinking something looks good means you think of them as an object to smack with your private parts

15. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

So I just found out I've been doing it wrong this whole time

16. 61 No. B

congratulations, this is the best euphemism for sex I've ever heard.

17. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Being mad because of the possibility of Samus being objectified because of her heels is bullsh*t. Being mad because of the impracticality of someone like Samus wearing heels in combat is justified.
    I would like to point out those heels can hold swords so he can stab the f*** out of giant robots and unlike Samus' heels they are shorter, wider, and flexible.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  18. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

WHOA WHOA HOLD UP.

Raiden's a dude?

19. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I really don't see the issue. Samus is a much stronger character than half the males I see in video games at times.

If she can't be strong unless she appears as a guy, then too ****ing bad, because if that's what you complain about...

Samus is already stronger than you.

20. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

The original Metroid rewarded you by making Samus more naked the faster you beat it. The heels aren't attractive, they're big, clunky, and their color choice doesn't mesh well.

Other M Samus had weirder, smaller heals- no one cared then. It's just because being an SJW is this year's bandwagon. It's a mentality that has been in the gaming industry for quite a few years. Don't you remember when we hated downloadable games? DLC? Gritty brown graphics? Linearity? Boy, those all stuck, huh?

I'll say this and say it once: The heels actually make sense- the propulsion needs a tube. This James Bond level gadgetry. If you think they're offensive and ruining the character, you're being sexist. If you think the zero suit in general is offensive and should be replaced with something like common place pants and a shirt- guess what, you're saying the only way women can exist in games is to be as close to a male character as possible. That's sexist. Female characters have every right to look good while kicking someone's teeth into their brain. Hating on a character because of their looks is singling that character out because of their looks and tearing them apart after singling them out is the closest thing to aggressive segregation I've ever seen. Get off your high horse if you have the slightest hate for this "new look", because you're being an asshole and a bully.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014