Kingdom Hearts: The Movie

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Rho, Nov 19, 2009.

?

Which one?

1. KH Anime on Disney Channel

19 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. KH Anime on Disney XD

48 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. KH Live Action on Disney Channel

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. KH Live Action on Disney XD

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

What if they did one? Would you want it to be animated? Live Action? Puppetry?

I wouldn't mind live action, to be honest. Jesse McCartney might be able to pull of a live action Roxas.

Animated... Sure, but it'd be not much more than cutscenes bundled into one.

2. TwilightTownShadow Destiny Islands Resident

I love kingdom hearts as much as the next person but Kingdom Hearts: the movie being in live action? Come on that's really lame I'm sorry to say. The way I'm seeing it now it reminding me of a bad KH cosplay turned into a movie and how are they going to pull off the disney characters? Now that's super lame.
    I think it should only be in cg animation or regular anime. Jesse McCartney plays Roxas VOICE good but he's not a good actor in the screen's and Haley Joel Osment is a Good voice and screen actor but there is no way he can pull off Sora's look.

3. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

I wouldnt want a KH movie. Nobody wants a good game ruined by a horrible live action movie.

4. Krowley Moderator

Live action, no
    Something like FF7 wouldn't be too bad.
    Besides, all the cutscenes in KH make it a movie anywayz XD

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Live action/Computer animated.
    Like James Cameron's Avatar.

6. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

honestly, i would laugh my friggin ass off if it was in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"
    Format, MY GOD I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT xD

but like everyone else, if they were making one, it would most likely be animated like AC

7. darknova Merlin's Housekeeper

Not a good idea

I do like the idea of a KH Movie, but given the history between video games and movies, such as Street Fighter and Super Mario Bros, it would most likely end up as crap.

8. water mage Kingdom Keeper

I would love to see one, but I would prefer it to be animated or like Advent Children. Who knows maybe it will happen.

9. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

I'd love to see a movie!

Live Action... meh. I'd prefer it to be in anime style, or just cartoonish. Animated like Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children would be my second opinion. I always liked Live Action movies of video games. (Lara Croft: Tomb Raider)

10. Finale Wannabe Nobody

ANIME AND WOULD OF BEEN TERRIBLE!!

>.> and your avi reminds me of gintas
    :nonono:

11. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

No. Films of games are almost guarenteed to be awful, just like films of books.

12. Stardust Chaser

My honest opinion is that Kingdom Hearts wouldn't make a good movie, period.

Firstly, it's way too disconnected what with the separate worlds. Nevermind the fact that there's lots of repetition -- going to worlds twice, the gummi ships inbetween, etc.

Secondly, it's based so much around fantasy that live action would be awful. Everyone would look absolutely horrendous unless it was animated.

But more than that... It's that I don't think the story of Kingdom Hearts is adequate for a movie. It works fine in a videogame, but its structure wouldn't work very well on film. By the time the second game came around, they were stretching one continuous arc through the entire series, and it was wearing thin. The only thing keeping me entertained was the characters in the different worlds... If you think about it, not much happened to actual the plot until the final world in the game. Imagine stretching THAT even more through a movie.

If one was made, it would have to be Advent Children- or anime-styled. I would kill myself of hysteria if it was live action. It would also have to be after the resolution of the series, lest they continue to stretch the already-thinning plotline.
    So as for now I say nay, but maybe later when the series has ended, who knows?

13. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Technically, Kingdom Hearts is an anime-style video game...so, it'd either be in Advent Children format or anime-style. Live action would be just...horrible.

14. mudstripe Twilight Town Denizen

I highly doubt that they would do a movie, for one. But if they did, I would bet on animated. Live action would be incredibly hard to do and expensive because most of Kingdom Hearts is special effects and fighting. No one can make a video game movie out of just the cut scenes.

15. mokeyman q Traverse Town Homebody

Think about it. A movie of Kingdom Hearts, animated in the style of realism that's usually reserved for game-ending cutscenes, none of the repetative gummi levels... That is just pure EPICNESS.

I'd probably see it like 5 times, no matter how much it sucked.

16. Clear_so_you_can't_See Traverse Town Homebody

No. Just No. Most of the time when you animated things and make them live action they suck. The story line would just confuse people. I think making a movie out of anything that wasn't meant to be a movie( like a video game or tv show) just ruins the plot. So again, just no.

17. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Lol agree.

Ehh. ew. No, God no. Disney is not that crazy.

I wouldn't mind a good CGI movie but live action? No thank you.

18. Amethyst Grave Hollow Bastion Committee

Live action would never work in a million years...
    one word... HAIR!!

I think they might be able to pull it off in amime or CG style...

I don't think I'd like it if it was just basically the game with epic graphics and no irritating trinity symbols/random boss battles etc etc though, if they make a movie I think they should come up with another little story relating to kingdom hearts and the characters...

for example.. The birth/life of Namine.. how she got her memory powers, how she got from wherever she was born to being discovered by org13 to working with Ansem.. or Mibbies the story of Ansem the wise, where he's the main character/narrator and we see the events in the Ansem reports play out in a movie...
    (first examples that came to my head so they're kinda random and wouldnt work but you get my idea... also.. I can't describe things so it may notmake sense.. but ah well xD)

19. Kyubi the Keyblade Master Twilight Town Denizen

If it were anime-style or CGI, heck yeah!

20. Roque Merlin's Housekeeper

Maybe Anime or CG, but... Live Action ? People shouldn't even THINK about that.

But idk The story would be too Confusing, specially with the long story, lots of bosses and going to Each world 2 Times (Some worlds like Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion 3 times). Maybe it should be one of those movies that don't Come out for the Cinema, so Only the Fans would watch it ( So It would be less trouble to explain the story ).

I think that if they actually made a Movie they should make Two, one for the Normal Plot and one ( as Amethyst Said ) for Ansem Reports ( I can easily Imagine that ) .