Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Krowley Moderator

Both Base and Beuce had questioned his reasons and appearance.
    "My presence here is just a unseen moment," The cloaked man replied. "Like all of you, I'm just another character in the background. Following a story onto it's end." He raised the notes to his eye level and parted them. "And whether be a promise or a symbol, a musical note is meant to be a part of something much greater. Just like all of you." He chuckled a bit at the symbolism it represented. "Naturally, a song can exist without it. And yet, even replaced or left out, a clear change in rhythm can be sighted."
    He looked straight to Kaida. "And what of you?... Is this just another mission for you to carry out? An attempt to keep the world order you've obstructed thus far? Or maybe it's all for a friend?..."
    His fingers twinged a bit under the weightlessness of the musical notes he held. "You aren't from here, and while you think you do good, you've selfishly added your own sheet music to change the composer's vision." His left hand shoved the red musical note to glide to the rest of the group.

"That is for you efforts of expunging the darkness. You may have the second once I've heard her answer..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As D'daear pulled the next string, they were brought into a town that was shrunk to make them all seem like giants. Nothing two special since all the houses barely made it pas their knees... The one exception being the giant canon in the middle. And on the top stood a Mouse with puffed overall shorts and a giant smile as he waved to them.
    "Mickey!" Hikaru yelled. He turned to the other five. "Guess that's our mouse," he spoke.
    Turning back around he found the mouse in panic, waving his arms and trying to warn them through mimed expression. "Huh?" He couldn't figured out what the problem is until Mickey couldn't take the lack of communication. He stomped down on the canon and aimed it at Hikaru.
    "Hey!" Hikaru was within target of the canon. As Mickey let it fire, it avoided Hikaru by inches, managing to hit an airplane heartless that was flying behind them. As more heartless appeared, it became clear that Mickey was trying to ward them off. Before he could ask more questions, he thought it upon himself to make sure they took care of the threat before interrogating the mouse.
    He whipped out his keyblade and prepared himself. "When this is done we're having a nice little chat..."

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

~MISSION START!~

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

Kaida had yet to respond when the figure had answered the other's questions, and then directly addressed her. He mentioned her disrupting world order, and while it was most likely meant to be addressed to everyone, that accusation hurt her more for an obvious reason. She was a member of the Order, someone who was supposed to help maintain the order within worlds, and here she was yet again disrupting that order. Although her expression didn't change, the look in her eyes definitely showed a hint of regret towards this.

But the figure had mentioned something else, mentioned something about a friend. It was almost as if they intentionally pushed this fact towards her. Was this all for a friend? If it was, which friend was it? Was it for the new friends that surrounded her, or possibly Seiza? Or was this all for Aux, since at that point he was still a figure in the background that she had yet to see, but she saw the after effects of? She hadn't a clue. And on top of it, the figure made mention of her being selfish rather than doing good.

She tried to think of a response to this, and for a moment, remembered her home-world. She remembered playing a flute with a group of other kids and getting a lesson that clicked with this moment. And she looked up at the figure and replied, "Yeah, you're right. We... I have caused trouble here in this world and have thrown off the balance. It looks bad, I know that, but we are trying to help out everyone. And I mean everyone. Sometimes when playing through a song, and instrument or two can have serious issues happen. But you can't stop a song, you have to work your way through it. It's improvisation... and I'm not saying someone should willingly change the song in order to please themselves. I'm saying when something goes wrong, that someone should step up and try to help the song continue."

Kaida scratched the back of her head, "I'm not the best with metaphors but what I'm trying to say is that we only jumped in to try and help out when we saw the heartless. When there were no heartless we didn't disrupt the world, we stayed to the sidelines and experienced the music rather than change it. But yes, we came in here for selfish reasons to get the notes, but those notes are stepping stones to helping out more people, fixing up more worlds. So yes, those notes are important to me, to all of us here."

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

The expected light show occurred upon tugging at the curtains rope. Eyelids squinted in order to better control the amount of light that seeped into eyes as they entered the new area. When the light was cleared they were presented with a miniaturized town. They all towered over the houses which was weird. D'daear placed hands on hips while allowing himself to analyze the new area. They seemed to be on some kind of island; at least that's what it looked like. There was nothing special about this place aside from being small. It was only when eyes laid upon the large tower with cannons that eyes widened. Sitting atop a cannon filled tower, was Mickey! Lips fell to an unusual frown.

"Mickey!" Hikaru yelled. He turned to the other five. "Guess that's our mouse," he spoke.

Rolling his eyes, D'daear looked away as if to ignore Mickey's kind gesture. "Oh joy...we finally found the irresponsible mouse..." he muttered under his breath with a pout.

Suddenly with the sound of cannon fire came the the destruction of a heartless. The tall boy managed to restrain a flinch, but not without first feeling goosebumps as it was unexpected. Head quickly turned around to see well organized swarm of planes making their way towards the group. Flying over the ocean at full speed, the heartless began to fire projectiles at the group. The ground began to spit dirt up into the air as projectiles missed their mark in rapid succession. The sound of speedy ammunition whizzing past D'daear was a bit nerve wrecking, and it just compelled him to bring out the keyblade just in time as the heartless's began to re-adjust their aim.

Eyes focused in on the projectiles, which immediately proved to be quite the challenge. As he locked on to one of the bullets, it was always nearly too late. A barrage of Planes flew overhead; a few most likely were brought down because of competent teammates. Adrenaline rushed through the adolescent as D'daear dove into a small opening between houses. and ducked in order to make better use of his cover. Complaining about his height under his breath, gunshots were fired. Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew PEW PEW PEW PEW!!! The planes were just unloading their endless supply of ammunition onto their targets. Debris picked up into the air as houses were torn apart from missed fire.

Teeth gritted as the wave of planes once again circled back towards the group. It was so unnerving to hear the planes coming closer and closer, hearing the rutters roar as they flew overhead.

1/12 posts

4. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Looking at her surroundings, Luna was quite curious. "Mickey!" Luna turned towards Hikaru as he spotted Mickey. As she turned she ducked at the sight of an incoming cannon ball. "Whoa!!!" She turned to look at its target and saw heartless shaped like airplanes. "Greaaatt~...More heartless. Why am I not surprised?" Luna jumped back a bit and summoned her keyblade. As the airplanes shot their ammunition, Luna stood in one of the house trying to block most of the shots. As the rounds kept coming, she felt herself sliding back very slowly. This is really bad! If I don't find a way to send their ammo back at them, they're will be more destruction of this little town! What do I do!?!? Luna tried her very best to block the ammunition but still had no way to efficiently stop it. "Barrier Surge!" Luna's eyes widen as she heard Mira's voice in her head. Barrier Surge? But why?-.....Luna pondered for a minute until the idea finally struck her. "I get it now!" Luna felt her barrier surrounding her as she started to dash toward the heartless. "Take this!!" Luna ran through them with the barrier spreading through eliminating the heartless firing towards her.

2/12 Posts

5. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Peeking over a house was for the best because of the chaos that was ensuing. The heartless were a bit more aggressive this time around, and to be caught in the line of fire was something D'daear already figured out to be a really bad idea. Perhaps it was still his inexperience when it came to fighting that caused him to be of no use at the moment. He could barely keep up with these flying creatures, let alone their bullets. Another stream of gunfire was shot at the houses near D'daear which evoked his instinct to withdraw behind the house once more. A part of him was worried that his cover wouldn't hold for much longer, especially because of his height. He was lucky he was even able to hide behind one of these houses. The propellers could be heard roaring loud as three heartless flew over head, most likely getting ready to circle back to them.

"Take this!" shouted someone. D'daear did not have to look to know it was Luna's voice. Boy was she brave, and that was more than he could say for himself. Eyelids clasped together to cover eyes while he winced. Most likely everyone else was brave too. Of course, that could just be because they were all experienced keyblade wielders! Remember, he was still new to this gig after all! Yeah, that was it. That was...it...

A sigh escaped him as he opened his eyes to the truth. Who was he trying to kid? He knew he was being a bit of a coward, and although it was for good reason, this was definitely no time for him to act like this. Gathering determination, he rose to his feet only to be met with gunfire as more planes flew towards his general direction. Hairs spiked in terror as the ammunition whizzed past his form, a few of them being too close for comfort. In a split second he found himself hiding behind cover once again, regretting his decision. "Ok bad idea..." he uttered below his breath, heart pounding against chest. This was definitely very different from the heartless he was used to fighting. Now that he thought about it, had he ever foughten heartless with this kind of fighting style. Finding momentary peace in this thought, he lay his keyblade to rest beside him while he began to count with his fingers in the midst of this battle. Weird. "Hmm... let's see... I fooouught the weird ant like heartless, soldiers, statues possessed by heartless, the fat one that nearly crushed me, the floating tower thingy, the centaur like heartless with the spear, and then I also fought the really big one back at Central Haven... oh, and that one big one... at Beast's castle..."

That made eight different species of heartless; nine if he included the hammer frames recently fought. Eyes looked up in thought while fingers remained erect for the count. Anyone seeing him now, they would think he was crazy for being all casual and chill about this; given the situation that they all found themselves in. It was rather irresponsible of him to act like this all of a sudden, but perhaps for good reason. As it turns out, he realized he never really fought heartless that could fly or with such great mobility in the air.

"Huh... I guess I never really fought heartless that could fly before." he uttered while dropping hands to the floor.

The propellers roared loud near him, and gunfire was shot which sent debris up into the air. That quickly snapped him out of it as he flinched behind cover.

3/12 posts

6. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

Once again, a light engulfed the group, taking them all to another location. One would say they might have been imagining things but as she rubbed her eyes and took a closer inspection, the place definitely seemed smaller as if toy size. It may have been one thing seeing everything so tiny but the bigger surprise was seeing Mickey there. As everyone said his name, Rain tiredly turned her head "It's about time he'd show his face around here" she muttered with an annoyed tone. It was obvious that the others felt the same seeing as how the little mouse has been making them go window hopping with out even making an appearance up until now. But out of nowhere a canon was fired followed by plane propellers buzzing in closer and closer to everyone.
    "Planes? As if they can't get any more annoying to fight against . . ." She said waving her arm in front to summon the keyblade. I'll try my best to keep this town in one piece Rain thought to herself as the heartless were now in range of her. Rain waited for the heartless to make the first move but as they did, she ducked down hoping that one of them would crash into each other. Although the attempt failed since they can maneuver themselves rather well in the air. " Alrightly then, plan B I suppose" cautiously taking one step forward she lunged just enough to reach some as they were flying off. "Well that wasn't too . . ." Her voice trailed off when noticing that they were beginning to shoot missiles. "Perfect just perfect"

~4/12 posts

7. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

More projectiles were fired which blasted away more debris into the air. Frustration was beginning to seep into D'daear's patience as he felt completely useless here. He had tried a few moments ago to engage the enemy, but that ended miserably. The good news was that these projectiles didn't seem to be penetrative. Irises looked down at right shoulder to lock onto the big ol bruise that had developed. It had occurred off screen after having realized he had never fought with aerial enemies before. The bruise really stung, but it did not hinder any mobility in the arm; which was a good thing because his right arm was the dominant one. Crossing arms close to chest, he sat there behind a tower where Mickey was propped up on.

"Hhmmm...." throat uttered as he contemplated a plan of action. He had no clue on how to use Magic properly, and even if he used it, he doubted it would be of any use. He remembered how back in Central Haven a mine square magic had little to no affect on the large Behemoth heartless he had encountered. That compared to how Hikaru, Aden, and the others wielded their magic made D'daear feel like useless in that area. Heck, he even heard stories of someone in this plethora of keyblade wielders who virtuously wielded magic back at central haven in the midst of the heartless attack. At any rate, Magic was never a strong suit of his as the physical stuff was always more of his thing; this was definitely set in stone a while back when he was younger. However, in this situation, just getting near the enemy was a mission in itsself. How was he supposed to do anything if the enemy had a wide advantage over his only ability to fight?

Left index finger tapped over the right bicep as the clockworks did its thing in that brain of D'daear's. If only there was another means to fighting back through long ranged attacks....

Mickey jumped up once again in order for feet to stomp on the tall tower that fired cannons. The cannon fire managed to take out three heartless simultaneously, and it was hard not to notice the work. D'daear flinched at the loud cannon fire, only taking a moment to look up at the mouse. A vein popped on D'daear's head as frustration was nearing its peak. "HEY! Do you mind?! Some of us are trying to think of a way to take out these gu-!" he began, but paused upon realization. Man he felt like a fool for not realizing this gimmick the entire time. He quickly got up and looked up at the mouse. Once again the mouse jumped on the tower and unleashed the barrage of cannons onto the field. KABLAM!! BOOM!! Heartless were vanquished because of good timing. Eyes widened in amazement. He understood now! There really WAS a means to fight these heartless despite his handicap. The jumping, the timing of said jump while simultaneously aiming the cannons/tower in the enemies direction. It was...almost like a game. Lips slowly began to curl in positive reaction, so much so that it formed into a nice grin. Extending an arm out, D'daear tapped the mouse on the back. Turning around, Mickey noticed and waved at D'daear with this big ol smile to which D'daear could not help but smile back like a child.

Weird.

Knowing full well how irresponsible and a trouble maker this mouse is, there was this atmosphere about him that just made...everything suddenly seem alright. The mouse grabbed D'daear by the same arm used to poke him, and pulled him up onto the tower along with him!

"Whoa!" D'daear uttered as Mickey gave the reigns of the tower to the boy. The mouse sat onto D'daear's broad shoulders to which the boy reflexively gripped the mouses ankle in order to keep Mickey balanced. The short wearing mouse began to guide the tall boy like a teacher showing a student a new skill. This was all moving so fast, but Mickey wouldn't give the boy time to register what was happening!

Aeroplanes made their way to the scene once again, firing their projectiles at D'daear and Mickey. Panicking, D'daear began twist and turn his body as a means to avoid getting another bruise on his precious body. If anyone were to see this, he would look like he was hysterically dancing. Once the planes parted in order to regroup, Mickey grabbed a hold of D'daear's hair and went to work. With a poke to his head, Mickey made sure D'daear was paying attention to the mouse as he pointed to the next group of heartless that were coming at them. D'daear gave Mickey an understanding nod, and looked on ahead.

Propellers resounded in the air violently, becoming louder and louder as they neared the tower. D'daear could feel that butterfly inside his stomach, that feeling that brought about the nervous in him while jaw remained tense with anticipation. Eyes looked on, focused but hinting the anxiety that was welling up inside. Upon reaching enough proximity, the Mouse tugged at D'daear's head to which signaled the boy to react! D'daear jumped up and stomped with everything he had upon landing on the tower. The Cannons girth welled up instantly, and cannon fire was spat out within milliseconds. The projectiles smashed into the heartless. A few heartless were taken out immediately, but the ones that weren't were not coming out of it unscathed. Two of the aeroplanes ended up crashing into a small opening between buildings, most likely seeing stars.

Eyes lit up with amazement at the success Mickey had brought him. "We did it! We did it!" D'daear jumped up and down in excitement; inadvertently causing the tower to spit out more cannon fire which took care of the dazed heartless and some more that were within the vicinity. It took D'daear a while to realize how odd he was acting, but when he did he stopped and got back into character. Placing a curled fist close to lips, he coughed as to regain composure. He picked up the mouse off his shoulders and settled him on the tower by his side. "Alright, I think I got the hang of this. Maybe you should go on and find some place to hide while we take care of these guys." he advised.

Mickey merely shook his head in disagreement and remained where he was, pointing at D'daear and then the small town where all of the boy's companions were at. The mouse bared fisty cups at D'daear, a sure sign that D'daear should be out there fighting along side his teammates. With a sigh, the young boy placed hands on hips and looked down casted. The truth was, he was just no good in this fight. These aerial based heartless were pretty tough to handle, and he honestly had no idea how to handle them with just his physical prowess...and that scared him. What was he supposed to do?

5/12 posts

8. Glen Returned from the dead

As Glen was waiting for a response, he suddenly got an unexplainable itch on his back. He tried to reach it, but he just couldn't get it. Taking a step back as he like, leaned back to try to reach it, he accidentally bumped into Beuce. All thoughts of the man in the suit as well as the itch vanished immediately. "You know, this conversation seemed interesting but its starting to feel like it's dragging on for days and it's boring the crap out of me. How about we take a trip back to that lake of the women that turn things into gold and see if we can't learn how it's done?" he asked.

9. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Mickey looked up at the tall boy, trying to peer underneath the downcast D'daear was displaying. With tug to the his pants, the mouse grabbed the fella's attention. D'daear understood Mickey wanted him to go on and fight by his allies side, but as he said before he was completely useless. However, that didn't stop the mouse from giving him this look of skepticism. Placing gloved fists on hips, the mouse raised a brow at the boy. After a while of just staring back in forth between one another, the key wielder just let out an exasperated sigh and hopped off the tower of cannons.

"UUUggghh! Fine! I'll go get hurt even more while doing absolutely nothing!" he complained while commencing his reluctant walk back to the town. Unexpectedly, the boy was hit behind the butt by a launched cannon which evoked a flinch. He looked back annoyed, and was about to tell Mickey off when suddenly he noticed the mouse's big old friendly smile with a thumbs up. Eyes widened at how unexpected this was while forgetting the pain that butt cheeks were feeling. Mickey didn't have to say anything as D'daear interpreted the mute mouse. Again, the same atmosphere he felt a few moments ago was back. Somehow, D'daear could feel this sudden confidence inside of him where fear began to subside, and the lies of him being useless just washed away, melting away into the deepest part of his heart. A small grin arose on the boy's face while eyes relaxed themselves. Just what was it with this mouse?

Keyblade came forth on the boy's right palm, fingers immediately curling over the weapons handle. Brimming with this serenity, D'daear pointed the keyblade at the mouse.

"Like Hikaru said, we're going to have a nice little chat after this is all over." he said in affable tone.

With that, the tall boy turned towards the mini town and darted into combat, forgetting the ache his right butt cheek was feeling.

6/12 posted

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Raisor continued his fight against the swarming heartless. He blanked out for a second for some reason, but he really wished he hadn't; since a single second in a fight could mean the difference between winning and losing, and even some times life and death. Raisor could see the heartless in front of him, but for some reason it felt like hours were going by in his head. He could remember the home that he stayed in growing up. He could remember his siblings and parents. Even the city that was all around him during that time. Then he remembered the red sky from that day, and the screams that followed. The fear he felt running for his life, and worrying about what happened outside the house. He wasn't sure why he was remembering these events, but then he noticed a suit of armor in front of him, and everything went black. His eyes seemed to focus on the lance it was holding. His vision went black and all he could see was the lance and the memories. For whatever reason he had no trouble before now, but at this point in time, which was also the worst time for him, he was remembering the one scene that he wished he could get out of his head.
    Raior began to hear dripping sounds on the floor, and noticed the lance that he was seeing had changed shape to something more sinister and dark looking. A red liquid had begun to cover the weapon, and was beginning to fall all around the floor. Fear began to grip Raisor as the floor flooded with the red liquid. He knew exactly who it was from, and how it happened. His heart began to beat faster with each second, and Raisor knew he wasn't going to last much longer. Eventually the sight was too much, and Raisor snapped.
    "Ahhhhh!!" he grabbed his keyblade and began swinging it wildly in the dark.
    Reason didn't seem to be possible for him at the moment, and all he could think about was swinging at the liquid that had covered the floor around him. His sight had become distorted, with his memories taking hold. Swinging his keyblade, he knocked against heartless around him, but all he knew was that he was swinging at nothing. The heartless near him got flung around all over. One got hit and sent flying into the wall, immediately dissipating from the damage. Another was slammed right into the ground, trying to attack Raisor while he had lost his mind.
    Raisor eventually fell to the floor, out of energy and breathing heavily. His vision began to split between reality and his hallucination, and he fell to the floor. With eyes closed, all Raisor knew was darkness. In that darkness, however, a light began to shine. Raisor was sure he wouldn't be able to get up, but the light began to talk to him.

"You must keep fighting."
    "You're the only one who can save us."
    "We all believe in you."
    "Remember that you aren't alone now."

Raisor began to open his eyes and rose from the floor. He had lost himself in his fear and wondered if he was ever going to get over this event. He looked down at his hand and noticed it trembling. Remembering the words from the light he saw, he gripped his weapon tighter, calming himself down. Still shaken up a bit, he began to get back to his fight with the heartless. There was no way getting past what had happened, and he was sure Kross was going to ask about it if he noticed anything, but for the time being they needed to get these heartless down. They still had quite a few to go before finishing up.

OOC:
    Heartless: 29/35 (Lance Soldier 2/8)
    Words:631
    EXP: 41

Sorry for not posting. Midterm stuff and Final Fantasy be pulling me away

11. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

With new found confidence, D'daear dashed into the fray. A foot found itself stepping onto a small house, and by calling forth the quadriceps on that same leg, carried the boy into the air and towards an incoming aeroplane. With an over head swing, the keyblade was brought down with great force onto the heartless. A heart immediately found its way to freedom as D'daear landed onto the ground safely. Standing upright, he was happy to see that he could in fact be of use; albeit it was going to take a bit of getting used to. More heartless soared through the sky, firing their shots at D'daear. A quick work of reflexes saved the tall boy from being injured as he dove for the buildings. The plane flew overhead, getting ready to make their way back to him. Slithering through the small streets was necessary as he could not afford to lose his cover. The propellers reverberated through the air, a shift in the intensity signaling the heartless's U turn.

Cannon fire was shot again, followed by the sound heartless make when destroyed. D'daear peeked over a house to see that the returning creatures had been taken care of. A smile arose in relief to that small group of enemies. Turning to the mouse, he gave the little ally a thumbs up to which the gesture was returned in kind. Right hand readjusted on the keyblades handle in order to make sure the weapon was being held properly before the key wielder propped himself atop a small building and lunged into the air as another heartless flew by.

"EEYAAH!!" he shouted as arm muscle contracted to swing the blade.

D'daear landed safely between the towns intersection before running off to rinse and repeat this new found tactic. Who knows, maybe through practice he'll inevitably learn to jump high without the aid.

7/12 posts

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  12. Krowley Moderator

The man in the white cloak passed along the hovering note to Kaida.
    "You know what's important to you... And you know what's important to the denizens of the worlds you meet. Never lose sight of the importance one can have over the other."
    A shine of light began radiating from him as he stepped back. "Youre fighting for them, just as much as your own cause. Just look at the worlds you've seen... You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people- Those people. To make the dream a reality."
    The white light flashed, blinding everyone.

~MISSION COMPLETE!~
    Beuce leveled up! (26)

A new job is available!

After the light dimmed, Mickey almost tripped over his own apprentice robe to greet the key wielders. "You're all back! I was so worried something had happened to yah!" He gazed down to see they had collected the last 2 pieces needed for the spell. "And you got the last pieces for the spell! That's great!" He walked back tot he spell book and placed the notes onto the page, causing it to glow a birght hue of yellow.
    Content with the results, he began to walk to the door. "Alright! Now we just gotta take this spell and use it on..." Before he could finish, his shoulders sunk low, at the tall master that stood in the door way. His back dropped down, and his whole body shrunk down in fear at the sight of Yen Sid in a most angry of moods.
    "Mickey... what is the meaning of this?..."
    The mouse gulped and tried to find the words. "Well uh, you see.. ehehe, thing is, uh... Oh boy..." He constantly stammered in an attempt to find the best way to explain the entire mess.

-------------------------------

Hikaru's legs shook in his steady readiness to sprint at the sight that any of the planes would head in his direction. The distinct moment that one of the aeroplane's went in for an aerial dive, Hikaru took his keyblade and knocked up one of the wings, causing it to do a barrel roll and spring out of control. Usually at times like these, he would bring out Dumbo for some aerial support. But seeing as he had just called his little elephant friend, he thought he would d the more respectful thing and take them out with his own blade.

The heartless he struck before had regained it's balance and was preparing to come back at Hikaru once more. This time holding it like a tennis racket, he held his keyblade and knocked the plane towards the canon, where Mickey was there to set off a cannonball to finish the job. 'Yes!' he slyly told himself. Looking back to fight some more, he accidentally stepped on one of the tiny miniature cars that lay on the road beneath him. "Oops..." he uttered. For his sake, as well as the area around him, he just hoped there were no tiny people in this tiny town. From the look of things however, they were the only ones making any noise in the seemingly dead town, so that was a slight load off his mind. Looking back, he noticed D'daear to be doing most of the work, while co-operating happily with Mickey. While he had only met him a world or two ago, D'daear had really stepped up in terms of a reliable ally.

D'daear's friendship level with Hikaru went up by 2!

9/12 posts

13. Glen Returned from the dead

After everything was done, they'd finally completed their objective. They had the pieces, they could perform the spell, and set everything right back in that world. However, just as they were about to cast the spell, Yen Sid had appeared in the doorway. Glen had to restrain himself from asking how the almighty sorcerer had escaped his stoney prison. If the Mickey in that world wasn't the one they were after but was instead him from another time, it was possible that this Yen Sid was also him from a different time. Though, that being said he was still Yen Sid....which meant...

"We were practicing our magic in here and it got out of hand, and Mickey was trying to teach us a spell to clean it up. In fact, he was just about to show us it so that we'd know. Speaking of learning though, I have a question for you, mister Yen Sid. I read in a book a while ago that there is a spell someone can only cast if they are truly powerful, that it's a spell that should only be used in the most desperate situations. It turns the user to stone, making them immune to all attacks and time itself, but it never mentioned a way to cure it. Surely nobody could know how it worked without witnessing it themselves, so my question for you is this; How can a spell such as that be undone?" Glen questioned, eager to hear the answer.

14. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Ever since his flashback, Steel had been in an... agitated... mood. This was not to the advantage of the Lance Soldier Heartless. He ran past several of them, swiping each and every one of their weapons and, in an unnecessary act of violence, began stabbing all of them into a solitary victim. In a morbid effort to keep a good hold on his sanity through the...agitation... he counted the times he impaled his foe and noted the weapons' vicinity on the target.

One: Through the chest. Standard impale.
    Two: Through the face. Would look rather gruesome on a Human being.
    Three: What twenty first century slang would refer to as "Up the a**."

It wasn't long before the creature burst into smoke.

"I think it's time we called it a day."

He shook his head to dispel the memories: He had business to attend to at this point in time. Rushing forward, he kicked another heartless off of its feet. He then jabbed his keyblades into its torso and slashed in opposite directions horizontally before crushing it's face underneath his boot. The second heartless vanished, and he turned to claim another victim. As he spelled doom with a furious onslaught of slashed from the twin blades, his thoughts briefly turned to the others as he took a brief snapshot of their progress. He then jumped back and threw both keyblades forward in a quick raid move that finished off the third heartless. He then turned to the rest of them and found his mood considerably lifted when he noticed he was actually a little ahead of the others. He smirked as he twirled his magical swords. But unfortunately he had not had the last of his flashbacks.

OOC:
    Enemies Remaining: 11/20
    Words: 288
    EXP. Bonus: 14

15. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Mickey jumped on the tower once more in order to unleash the cannons that had been aiding the keyblade wielders in their current endeavor. Out of the plethora of aeroplane heartless flying about, it was a few that got shot down; but D'daear was not complaining. It was a nice change of pace to finally have some firepower on their side. Running towards one of the many miniature houses spread throughout the field, D'daear jumped up to catch a passerby off guard. With a mighty swing did the heartless just vanish from existence. Feet landed on the ground with ease with a bit of spring to them. A grin hid itself as D'daear tried to fight the urge to smile in the face of all this fighting. This jumping up and down by using the small houses was beginning to help him his vertical game, however he knew he had a ways to go before he could possibly hope to string together hits in quick succession.

A string of projectiles rocketed past D'daear's form, nicking the side of his right tricep. D'daear winced in the moment while the heartless flew overhead, nearly letting go of the keyblade. Right hand readjusted just in time to clamp onto the weapons handle.

"Ok, I guess a guy can't have a moment to himself with these pesky heartless." he uttered while gritting in teeth.

Just like the bruise that was on his shoulder, he was now sure he would get a bruise on his arm. Eyes looked up to the heartless that was making a U turn back to him. With a glare, the tall boy readied himself for the heartless that was coming. Legs gathered themselves for the moment the heartless would come within proximity. He was going to let this one have it for sure, and this time he was going to leap into the air without the aid of the houses. Bullets suddenly came flying out of the heartless as they compelled debris to fly everywhere. They were hitting everywhere, but the line of sight was inevitably re-adjusting itself as the aeroplane neared. D'daear snorted in irritation, despite the butterflies that were beginning to form in his stomach. Man was he going to need a nice healing spell after this. Like a spring he leaped high into the air, with an attack ready for the exchange that would come.

The blade cleaved straight and through while bullets were fired. It was a single stroke battle.

D'daear landed onto the street opposite of the aeroplane that had suddenly lost all forward momentum. In a matter of a second did the heartless suddenly up and vanish while releasing a heart. On cue, D'daear rose to his feet, but for a moment before knees buckling. Hands quickly manipulated the handle of the keyblade in order to plunge the tip of the weapon onto the ground as a means to gain balance. Teeth gritted as D'daear did his best not to scream from the pain he felt all over his body. Unable to maintain himself on feet, he finally let his knees touch the ground while resting his palms on the hilt of the keyblade.

"THAT was stupid..." he murmured in pain.

10/12

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Before Aden knew what was happening, Hikaru had finished off a second wave of hammerhead Heartless, and the group had been transported to another memory--the sixth and final one, if...memory...served. Mickey had to be there!

As soon as the light faded ad the group arrived in the memory, Aden heard a strange buzzing sound, a different one than the usual muted buzz of every other noise in this world. This one was loud, aggressive...and coming closer.

Mechanical-looking Heartless with wings descended upon the miniature town the group had been transported to and began to lay waste to it. Aden barely had time to register it before D'daear and Hikaru began to lay waste in kind to the shadow creatures, largely unassisted...except for...

(Mickey!)

Indeed, the mouse they'd been searching for was here in this memory, and was doing a surprisingly impressive job helping to defend the town. Aden couldn't have guessed this level of competence from the mouse he'd watched in the other memories.

Aden jogged away from the group, taking care not to destroy any buildings inadvertantly, a plan forming in his mind. Ever since meeting again with the other Keywielders at Central Haven, Aden felt like he'd been less of a boon and more of a burden to their quest to halt the darkness. He was too slow to act, too ineffective in his help. Even if he was reacting late to this particular battle, however, he could still do what he could to make things even a little more easier for his comrades.

Far enough away from the other Keywielders, Aden summoned his Keyblade. He was tired from the running, and all the magic he'd been using in the search for Mickey was taking a toll. He didn't feel like he could muster up too much more magic. (But then, this only needs a little.) He held his Keyblade aloft and summoned a ball of flame at its tip. "HEY!" he shouted to the remaining Heartless. "OVER HERE! LOOK! FRESH TARGET! ALL ALONE!"

The flying Heartless seemed to take notice, and began to converge on his location. He broke into a cold sweat; the fireball was flickering and fading already. He gulped. "COME AND GET ME!"

Aden slowly began to move closer to the others again, luring the Heartless toward him. As they came closer, he moved faster, and he struggled to keep the flame intact. As the Heartless were nigh upon him, the flame fizzled out unceremoniously, and Aden raised his Keyblade and shouted "GRAVITY!"

The flying Heartless all dropped like rocks. Some of them struck buildings and structures around them, and Aden could only hope they were uninhabited. He momentarily felt dizzy from the spell--the sensation was similar to one from standing up too quickly--he likely wouldn't be able to use any more magic at all for a short while. He didn't let that stop him from fighting, though. He threw all of his weight into the swing of his Keyblade and tore into the Heartless nearest him, vanquishing it quickly.

/ / Post 11/12

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

The swarm of heartless surrounding the blue hair wielding had diminished a fair bit. Fair bit meaning almost half of them were take care of. They had barely caused any form of damage to him, though given how much they still outnumbered him that could change quite easily if he was not careful. So he spun the keyblade in his hand till he was holding it in a reverse fashion and readied himself for the next attack from the heartless. His plan was a simple one, grab one of the lance soldiers and use it as a weapon against the other ones for as long as he could, then repeat the process when the one he was using as a weapon vanished into dust. It may not have been the best of plans, but it was definitely working for Kel and he was going to continue using it. Alright, that’s enough procrastinating the actual action and it is time to get to work. Once again the heartless were the first one to make a move. It almost looked like they hadn’t learn anything from their first attempt to trying to attack the wielding, but again Kel didn’t expect much from the heartless that he was fighting.

While this time they didn’t all leap in the air in an attempt to all strike him at once, two of the four heartless had used the black lance parts of them to propel themselves faster towards Kel. Though they moved in a very odd pattern they eventually managed to aim towards their target. The first one was dodged quite easily. As for the second one, Kel’s keyblade was put up in an attempt to deflect it. It worked, though not like how he wanted it to go. Instead of deflecting and knocking it into the air, it was instead stuck in the ground next to Kel. Bright side was, now he had another lance soldier to dual wield with. He then picked up the heartless by its flailing legs and lifted it up. That completed part 1 of his two step plan which meant now came the fun part. First using his keyblade to take out the nearest Lance Soldier to him, he turned his attention towards the other two who’d stepped out of the crowd of heartless and towards him. It was odd how they didn’t do anything while he was busy with the other two, but that only made his job easier.

This time it was Kel who took the initiative to attack and took a swipe at one of the Lance Solders with his keyblade. The heartless had managed to avoid being cut in two right then and there by ducking which cause Kel to swipe through the space between the lance and solder part of the heartless. Another swipe proceeded that one this time in a vertical fashion which cleaved the heartless in two quite easily. That just left one more to deal with, for this post anyway, and it did not look like it was going to go down without some kind of a fight. Proven by how it made two separate attempts to deal some form of damage to the keyblade wielder. Both attempts were dodged though one of which had just barely missed him and actually nicked him. Though in terms of visible damage, there was just a light tear in his musketeer uniform which served to reveal his own clothes that were still underneath it. That would likely be as close to injuring him as it got for just after it had done that, it was impaled by the lance part of the Lance solder that Kel was using as a weapon.

OOC:
    Words: 617
    Exp: 30
    Total Exp: 90
    Munny: 30
    Total Munny: 90
    Lance Soldiers: 10/20 Remaining
    Lance Soldier: 1/8 BP

18. Aelin Best Waifu

Finally they got the last piece that they needed. Finally they could get this over with. Karina was still not feeling well and didn't want to be around in these magic worlds any longer. Perhaps that was what it was? She didn't like magic, she didn't use magic, so the prolonged exposer to it could have been what made her pass out. She didn't know this for sure but it was the theory that she came up with. It was one of few explanations that there could be for it. Others could just be exhaustion, she couldn't remember the last time she laid down. And the few times recently she had slept they weren't well. Karina was dizzy as she stood there being supported by the two guys.

With the last piece in their possession a light surrounded them and at last they were released from the world of the music and back with mickey. "You can let me go now." Karina said as she forced herself to stand on her own. She only walked a couple of feet before resting against the desk of Master Yen Sid. Karina place her palm on my head as she tried to shake off the dizziness and the headache that was starting to form on top of it. She looked at Mickey only for a moment before looking away thinking about how his words seemed to be the influence behind her strange dream, strange but true.

She was trying not to focus too much on what was around her until Yen Sid entered the room asking what the meaning of everything was. Glen spoke up almost taking the place for Mickey in the punishment. Looking up at him her eyes played tricks and she thought that she saw Eric, her brother, but it was not so. The way that Glen seemed to be offering to take the punishment reminded her of her brother and how often he would take her punishment, but that wasn't always possible. Karina reached around awkwardly and touched her back feeling the raised skin from her scars. She lowered her hand to the desk soon after hoping no one would question what it was that she was doing. "Actually Master... It was all me. I was the one trying to learn magic. I am not good with it and well, I couldn't control it. Glen was just trying to be nice and share in the punishment,, but he shouldn't have to. It is mine to bear alone. So please if anyone is going to be punished for this mess let it be me, and me alone." Karina said not wanting to hide behind others any more. Even more than that she needed to make up for her actions atone for the monster she had become like she said she would. What better way to do so? However the idea of punishment still brought great fear to her since in her house it was always in the form of a beating of some sort. Karina slowly stood up and took a moment to steady herself before she walked up to Yen Sid and stand ready for whatever was to come from him. Her eyes stayed placed on the ground. She just hoped no one would intercede.

19. Skyheart Joker

After the white garbed man made his grand monologue and entrance, it seemed that their hunt for finding the pieces of...music, he supposed, was finally over. As they got the final piece, Stratos looked a bit confused as he just said, "man, what a weirdo that guy was." Regardless, Karina seemed to finally be all good to stand on her own, and so she hoisted herself off of both him and Base and stood on her own. The group was soon transported back to the world that they had originated from...which was still flooded and with an infinite amount of brooms that was to be seen.

As Mickey seemed ready to undo all that he had done, it appeared that they were a little too late as a somewhat familiar face revealed itself to the group. The unstoned version of Master Yen Sid. Well, that was a bit unfortunate. While Stratos was about to go on a whole recounting of the journey which would implicate...well really everyone here, Glen came up with a reasonable and pretty harmless excuse which made Karina want to act like it was the biggest problem in the world and that she had to shoulder the problems herself. Hm. Stratos sighed as he saw that the girl still didn't really get what working as a team was all about, or even catch it all from how Base and he had supported her earlier. When there was trouble, they all had to help each other and make everything easier for everyone else. And if everyone was making everything easier on each other, than the overall problem became much less difficult to handle. "Come on Karina, you can't entirely be at fault here. I mean, sure, things might have gotten a bit out of hand, but you know, sometimes it's the negligence of the seniors and teachers that are really the problem." He suddenly realized that may or may not have been the best thing to say given what actually happened, but he kept going on. "So in that regard, I, as someone with more experience in magic than yourself, have failed you. After all, I couldn't make sure things didn't get out of hand or go at a rate that was good for you." Granted, both Base and Beuce had more aptitude in magic than he, but while they were supposed to support each other, throwing each other under the bus didn't seem like a good thing to do either.

20. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

The clanking of armor and lances could be heard behind Ananta. Turning around, she widened her eyes at the sight of even more Lance Soldiers. Grumbling, she swung her keyblade over her shoulder and placed her other hand on her hip. "So what do you want me to do now? Swing and slap you about until you're defeated?" she yelled at the heartless. They stared at her while she stepped towards them slowly. Not awaiting an answer, Ananta jumped forward and attacked the first Lance Soldier she could see. Her keyblade hit the heartless caused it to be shoved into the ground slightly. Smirking, Ananta stood up and began to slam her foot into the Lance Soldier, not caring if it wasn't doing much damage at all. Of course, she wasn't too keen on just stepping on the heartless. No, her keyblade was added into the mix, leaving holes in the heartless. Finally walking off, she looked back to see it was now gone in a puff of darkness. Chuckling, Ananta was now much happier at her handiwork. Eyes watching the other Lance Soldiers, Ananta noticed they didn't move an inch during her beating of their comrade. This was troubling, considering they seemed to be working together.

Not sure on what to do, Ananta began to wonder if perhaps there was someone else behind the scenes, watching and summoning all of these heartless. Rushing towards the next target, she skidded to a halt when she realized that the two Lance Soliders had both ran to opposite sides. Looking left and right, Ananta watched as they began running towards her in the middle. Ducking down, Ananta covered her head as she felt a gust of wind from the two heartless crashing into each other. Looking up, Ananta saw they were now in a mangled mess of lances and armor, trying to figure themselves out. Covering her eyes, Ananta waited a minute before opening them again and seeing the Lance Soldiers had fixed themselves and were just finishing adjusting their helmets on their heads. Running towards them, Ananta began to strike, hitting each of them equally and watching their movements. These two seemed to be working together as a duo. Movements in unison, they were both equally adept at fighting. Caught off guard at this sudden realization, Ananata was almost subject to a powerful attack. Adjusting her keyblade accordingly, she blocked the lances and flipped back.

"Not too shabby, not too shabby at all..." she commented, wiping sweat off her forehead. "How about some ice to cool off?" she said, putting her keyblade away for the time being. Holding her hands up, she began to form a blizzard spell in each hand. This was going to be rather costly in mana, but she was fine with that. She had plenty to spare from attacking the heartless in the first place. Making steps towards the heartless, Ananta smirked when she saw they decided to attack her. Jumping up, she dodged their initial attack and retaliated with her own. Pressing the spells into their skulls, she watched as it slowly began to sweep over the heartless. Their bodies now frozen, Ananta let them go, watching as their bodies fell over and wobbled a bit from the uneven weight. Summoning her keyblade once more, Ananta stood over the two frozen heartless and hit each of them, watching them shatter into tiny ice shards.

With that done, Ananta stood still and waited for more heartless to appear. So far, it seemed as if there were still more to come. Yawning, Ananta awaited the next round patiently.

OOC:
    EXP Earned: 30
    EXP Writer Total: 90
    Lance Soldiers 11/20