Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Base listened to the words of the wise mouse. He crossed his arms and huffed. 'Peh, sure, Karina and Glen can be swayed by him, but I sure as well won't...' He thought to himself, looking from the portal to the mouse and glaring along the way. He would not be swayed...he would not be swa- Hey, wait a minute, what was he upset about? A tear trickled down Base's cheek. There was so much color in the world with Mickey Mouse there. The entirety of creation opened up and made so much sense with that falsetto whispering its ultimate secrets.

"I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!" Base bawled, tears flooding down his face, as he picked Mickey up, swung him around, dashed over to Stratos, kissed him on both cheeks, hugged him, and repeated the same process exactly with Kaida and Beuce. "Go well, my brother." He hugged Beuce a little bit longer, and there might have been a slap on the butt for good luck; maybe. Nobody knows for certain.

"I LOVE EVERYTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!" He shouted as he sprinted for the portal, tears falling to the floor as he ran. He disappeared into the next phase with his cry still echoing throughout the room.

Base rubbed his head, having landed on his tush in near darkness. All around him, stalks of Dandelions reached as high as a corn stalk would in relation to a normal person. He was in a sparse forest of dandelions, and, just as he got up, he groaned.

"What just happened and why do I feel an odd, dying sensation of pure bliss?" Before an answer could present itself, string instrumentals burst out of nowhere in a violent, jubilant attack, and the dandelions followed; they turned into Russian dancers, with leaves for arms and legs, and their colorful bristles for hats. They leaped into Xs in the air and landed in a circular formation around Base, kicking and crossing their arms as their kicks matched the music. The circle was tightening up around a very alert Base, who gulped.

"Uh oh..." The dancing dandelions were quickly closing in.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  2. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

Kross felt a sting as Steel got him to shush down, he looked to Ananta..maybe she would believe him. She said to leave her alone while she talked to Steel. Though her anger wasn't directed at him, he still felt that sting of her biting words. She went on ahead to talk, or more yell at Steel and his head went downcast. He lagged a little more behind, he was already behind the group anyway so they wouldn't notice his slowness. 'Am I that annoying?' He asked in his mind. His gaze went to Kel. surely he would believe him if no one else wo- he stopped himself, no...Kel would tell him to beat it too, maybe he shouldn't have come at all. He only followed behind the group, head downcast. Maybe he should find a way out of there..they didn't need him anyway.

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Arms intertwined with one another as the old boy crossed arms by placing both hands under opposite arm pits. Eye's awaited as Hikaru pulled on the rope that hung near one of the strange windows in order to get things started. In seconds the windows curtains parted to reveal what looked like a scenario in monochrome colors. Not wanting to put much thought into it, he just figured it was probably a memory they were watching; although it WAS interesting how such a device could hold something like that. It was as if the window itself was able to physically manifest that memory, and contain it within its confines. It was so unusual, yet it really sparked his interest. Brows furrowed in contemplation as the window continued to reel the images. Mickey seemed to have been caught up in something dark and sinister. In a short while, Mickey had found himself inside what looked like a castle where strange things immediately began to occur to the mouse; it rung a bell in the boy's mind. Meanwhile, A Mad Doctor had kidnapped Mickey's Dog, and from the looks of it...wanted to make a...Chicken Dog? Who in their right mind would experiment on something like that? Just what could anyone possibly gain from doing that. What, knowledge?

"...That's just...wrong..." he uttered under his breathe, face contorting in disgust as he looked on at the weirdness of the situation unfolding. He felt sorry for the dog. Watching it restrained against its own will, it looked all sad and desperate as it cried out for help. D'daear could only imagine how it must feel to be kidnapped from your own home, and for you to suddenly cry out to the person you trust the most to save you. The feeling of crying out repeatedly, and yet to not have that trusted savior to come save you. Line of sight dropped to the floor as eyes looked away for a moment. Arms remained crossed under chest as brows remained furrowed while both tips of mouth angled themselves downward in bitterness. "Different scenario, but same effect..." he said, reinforcing a thought only known to him. Looking back up, skeletons were attacking Mickey while he continued to search for the dog. It was clear the skeletons did not want the Mouse to find his trusted companion, acting like obstacles that hindered the poor Mouse's progress. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by the Mickey's struggle, D'daear's lungs instinctively inhaled air and released it in a form of sigh through a gap between lips. Watching the video did not sit well with him, even during the happy ending where it was revealed for it to be nothing more than a nightmare.

"I'm happy for you, Mickey... at least yours is nothing but a nightmare... a dream..." he muttered as the mouse embraced the dog in a happy resolution.

@Highlandeɼ
    v

The curtains soon came together to hide the window, a sign D'daear took to as that little moment being over. He kept arms crossed while allowing eyes to stay locked on to the closed window. "You know...if that's how that one was..." he started, soon diverging from the window and looking on to Aden, trying to keep a serious demeanor while holding back the negative ambivalence. "I'm honestly am a bit nervous... Makes you wonder how the other ones will look like...especially if what Horace said is true..." D'daear said out loud to everyone; referring to the idea of being able to jump into windows.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Aden's brow furrowed at some of D'daear's mutterings after the memory had run its course. He thought to ask if anything was wrong before D'daear addressed him directly. "You know...if that's how that one was..." he confessed, "I'm honestly a bit nervous."

Aden shivered. "Agreed. That was...disturbing."

"Makes you wonder how the other ones will look like..." D'daear added. "Especialy if what Horace said is true..."

Aden gathered he meant the comment about being able to go into some of the memories. "Well..." He glanced at the remaining symbols: a skull, a flame, a girder, a cannon, and a pair of horns. "The selection certainly isn't promising."

Again, he wanted to say something to D'daear, but it didn't feel quite right. He wrestled with himself for a moment, then pushed the urge aside for the time being.

"I suppose we have to pick our poison regardless if we want to find Mickey," Aden sighed wearily. "I picked the last one; does anyone else want to give a suggestion?"

/ / @Hexin
    @Calxiyn
    @KHGrl15
    @Ventus PSP Aqua

5. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Arms dropped at Aden's notion, understanding that this situation they had all found themselves in was most likely inevitable. "Mickey...there better be a good reason for all of this..." D'daear grumbled to himself with ambivalnce before taking the first step towards one of the windows. "I choose the one with the skulls...if that's alright with everyone..." he said, taking the opportunity to suggest the next window. Arriving next to the window, he gave the window frame a nice tap with the back of his left knuckles to further emphasize his choice. "Might as well confront this head on...heh...right?" he queried; doubt noticeable behind those words. Brows arched back in worry, not signs of a boy not sure of what to expect. Since he was already there, should he just pull on the rope that controlled the windows curtains? Hesitant, he stood there next to the Window with the Skull insignia.

6. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Cailyn was frozen with fear. Her mouth was still covered in horror, and she shook with fear. Her eyes were filled with tears, the scene they had been shown was a nightmare, and literately an actual nightmare. "I knew I should have stayed home today." Cailyn thought to herself. She forced herself to try and be brave. "You're right D'daear! We just need to uh, pull ourselves together!" She said, clenching her fists and trying to hide the fact she was terrified. She smiled ever so fakely through her teeth.

7. Skyheart Joker

Standing around, Stratos watched as Mickey had given his pep talk to Karina which had managed to at least cheer her up somewhat. Well that was good. Then even Glen had managed to cheer up and only seem slightly annoyed rather than totally pissed off that Karina had tried to kill them. After their short little exchange, they both jumped into the book Mickey had told them to go into to find the piece they were looking for, and Stratos could only shrug and say, "well here goes nothing." With that, he leaped into the portal and was taken away to wherever it took him.

Looking around, Stratos had ended up in the middle of a pond like area...and landed face first into the water. One of these days he'd get better at entries. Lifting his head out of the pond, he looked around and saw that water lilies were starting to fall from the sky. Weird. While they were falling though, he couldn't help but notice another thing. There was background music playing around. And not like the unnatural fourth wall breaking kind of bgm, no this felt like it had fit straight into the world. Regardless, when the lilies had hit the water, something strange happened with them as well. They started to just pick themselves up and spin around, as if they were dancing. He was starting to feel a tad uncomfortable in the whole musical number, but he eventually started to just stand up and see where this whole thing was going.

4/12

8. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Luna looked over at Cailyn and saw her clench her fists. She walked over to her and placed her forehead on hers. "Whenever I felt scared my mom would always do this and tell me everything will be fine and that I would have nothing to be scared of". Luna closed her eyes and smiled to reassure Cailyn. She pulled away and stepped back. "Try and think of a happy place and if you get scared, go to your happy place". Luna turned toward the Skull window. "Let's check that window!". Luna pointed toward the window.

9. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

Overall it wasn't a pleasant thing to watch, however, rain couldn't help but to chuckle at some scenes of Mickey being clumsy half the time.although It did seem rather suspicious to her in the beginning like, why Mickey would conveniently live near to a mad scientist or doctor in the first place ? It didn't make sense to her. As she continued to watch she felt that she's experienced a similar event like this but when? After it was finished all her questions were answered by just a word. A dream or rather a nightmare in this case. "Ugh. . . I despise the dreams that's nothing about being helpless to friends or family. And even the worst of the worst can become . . . reality . . ." she sighed " No wonder Mickey was no where near to saving his dog and . . . I suppose the chicken too?"

She clenched her fists upon noticing the rest of the windows nearby which weren't exactly marked with rainbows or fluffy bunnies. It was obvious what was waiting for them on the other side. "If I managed to survive my biggest fear, I'm sure these will be nothing." She reminded herself as to give a bit of encouragement. "I guess skulls it is then."

10. Krowley Moderator

~MISSION COMPLETE!~

Hikaru blinked as the cartoon finished, and curtain fell over the window, closing it. He was still unsure if it was meant to be a dram or not as the images of the skeletons and the design of the castle seemed a little too surreal. Mickey had gone through a hellish laboratory, which for all they know, could still exist in the future DisneyTown. Something he would considering if and when they returned back to the present.

Aden and others had suggested opening the doors with the skull on it. Something with a poisonous looking symbol wasn't always the kind of thing he would rush to, but seeing as they needed to check every window, Hikaru reluctantly went along. "Well if we gotta check em all." As he opened the pull string, he still shuddered a bit about the skeletons from before, but hopefully this skull themed world had nothing to do with actual skeletons.

With a pull of the string, the window opened and curtain unveiled the cartoon. A bright light shined and sucked them all in!
    Hikaru covered his eyes and twitched his eyes as the light diminished onto a graveyard setting. "Graveyard... That's not too bad, right?"
    A sudden wind blew in and shook the trees. An owl appeared on a nearby tree, spinning it's head in horror as a wold howled in the back. Other such scary sights included black cats, and shivering tombstones. The enemy in question appeared in the most strangest of ways as four dancing skeletons emerged from the shadows and comedically danced onto the scene.

His eye squinted at the odd sight. "... Okay..." He quietly said.
    A skeleton heard he was not entertained and no fun, which caused him to angrily throw his skull at Hikaru.
    Quickly ducking his head, he yelled back at them. "Hey! You got some kinda bone to pick or something!"
    More skeletons emerged and danced their way onto the scene, moving their unexplainable rubber limbs and put up their boney fists to prepare to fight.

~MISSION START!~
    --------------------------------------------

~MISSION COMPLETE!~

Raisor, Ananta, Kross, Kel and Steel spoke and walked along the road, still far behind the carriage, when a soldier heartless appeared to block it's path, followed by several Lance soldiers, which refused to let them get by.
    A scream by Minnie was heard in the background, followed by various evil chuckles.
    The princess needed help, but they first had to take care of this threat!

~MISSION START!~

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Raisor continued to walk along the path with the rest of the group, following behind the carriage that was further ahead. All of a sudden, Raisor got a bad feeling down the back of his spine and looked around. He didn't know why, but it felt like they were being watched, or followed. They usually had the same sort of feeling with him. He wanted to ask the others what they thought, when out of nowhere a soldier heartless popped out in front of them. Following the Soldier a handful of Lance Soldiers came in front to bar the way.
    Raisor summoned his keyblade and wanted to run back toward the courtyard where they started and smack that Captain Pete around like a piñata. It was his idea that they stayed so far behind, and now look what happened. Raisor knew it would have been better if he ignored the orders, but there was no point is worrying about "what if's" at this point.
    A second later, Raisor heard a scream from far ahead, in the direction of the carriage. It sounded like a female, which must have meant the princess. Wanting to get there quickly, Raisor ran forward toward the carriage. Before he could get anywhere though, a Solder flew in front of him and knocked him back on the ground. Apparently they weren't going to get anywhere ignoring these enemies in front of them.
    "Hey guys, how about we get rid of these heartless quickly? I'm sure none of us want a drawn out battle with these small-fry."
    Raisor ran forward, knocking his keyblade against a few Soldiers and causing them to vanish with no problems. A Lance Soldier bounced around in front of on him and Raisor swung his keyblade with full force from his dash and sent the heartless flying. Two more Soldiers attacked Raisor from his sides and he ducked down, casting a fire spell at them just as they passed overhead, clearing the heartless with relative ease. Then again, after fighting Behemoths, he wasn't sure any other heartless would be difficult.

Lance Solders 19/20
    Soldiers 26/30

12. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Chills ran up Cailyn's goose bump filled, pale skin as they stepped into the Graveyard. It reminded her of the damp, foggy Graveyard she had visited to pay respect to her mother. The memory brought tears to her sparkly blue eyes, but she had to snap out of it. Her dress flew in the sudden gust of wind, and she had to flatten her dress so it wouldn’t fly up. “That would have been embarrassing…” She thought. The group was mostly boys, and she didn’t feel comfort in the group yet, and she would just die if they saw up her skirt. Her face turned bright red at the thought, but she tried her best to get rid of it. The howling wind struck fear in Cailyn, though she wasn’t usually such a scaredy-cat, she was finding ever so hard to be brave. She had a job to do and she had to pull through and get it over with. Keyblade Master’s never gave up, they never backed down. She readied herself as she saw the dancing skeletons appear. She started to laugh, but decided against it as she saw a skull being thrown at Hikaru. “Hikaru!” She reached out of him, but luckily he ducked out of the way. She clumsily sighed happily.

"Hey! You got some kinda bone to pick or something!"

"Was that supposed to be a pun?" Cailyn laughed at Hikaru, but then turned serious again. How could he make jokes like that in a situation like this? Maybe she just had to loosen up a bit, but how could she when they were faced with this danger. Hikaru seemed like the leader type, so maybe he was just trying to put on a persona for everyone else, to make sure we all felt safe. For Cailyn, it was working, she was sure with Hikaru around, she wouldn’t be so afraid of anything anymore. She had a feeling that she would be good friends, once this whole thing was over. How badly she was wanting to get through all this stupid windows.

“Fine, you want to dance, well I’ll show you some of my moves!” Cailyn said, her Keyblade in hand and ready to fight. She danced around the first skeleton, her feet moving gracefully. She was on her tiptoes, as if she was challenging it to some kind of dance. She was trying best to mimic their moves, but she wasn’t as perfect and they seemed so synchronized. She hung her head. “Even the Skeletons are more graceful then me.” She whined inside her thoughts. She didn’t want to show how weak she was in front of all these people, they hadn’t seen her fight! What would they think of her if she couldn’t take out a few stupid Skeletons? Trying to tango with the beasts weren’t exactly working. Cailyn took a deep breath.

“It looks like brute force will have to do! You better be ready you empty carcass!” It wasn’t the best line she could think of, but she decided to try not to think much of that. She wasn’t very funny like Hikaru, unfortunately. She swung her Keyblade at the first Skeleton, slashing and swinging at it without any hesitation. She felt herself already grow tired, but she pushed through her own laziness and continued to try and fight off the Skeletons in front of here. “There are way too many!” Cailyn cried. She swung her Keyblade at the second one, while trying to keep the other ones around her at bay. She felt herself getting slowly stressed out, but luckily her trusty Keyblade was there to help her out. She kept wavering her Keyblade around, and eventually was able to take out the 3 Skeletons.

97/100
    1 Skeleton with 2 BP
    624/600 = 30 EXP

13. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

So, friendship really was magic. This mouse had successfully defused Karina. That was like, at least on the level of divine sorcery or something right there. He'd need to remember to ask him about that later. God knows that ability would come in handy. Anyways, it seemed like they needed to go through a portal to find some piece of magic to counteract the spell put on the brooms. And to get it, they had to go through a portal. God, was he getting sick of portals. "Oh, go through a portal to the mysterious tower! now go through it to Disney town, then to this place! And to some place IN this place!" God, couldn't they just travel normally and maybe in first class or something? He like free peanuts. Free peanuts were the best kind of peanuts.

Stepping through the portal, a scene played out before him. Suddenly he thought portals were the cat's meow. He seemed to be in a forest of some kind, although he was either small, or everything else was really big. From the inside of a flower, small transparent pieces of skin rose up, like arms stretching out when waking up from a deep sleep. Followed behind them were several glowing golden girls. The pieces of skin were in fact wings. They were fairies. Although, one thing he noticed immediately about them...They were stark naked. They flew around Beuce momentarily and giggled, before proceeding to their apparent task. The ran their hands along the leaves and instantly, it was turned into a bright gold. So, naked women turning things into gold. Welp. Beuce was starting to like this world. It was turning out to be pretty awesome.

As they turned more and more plants and leaves gold, the leaves began to fall. They were caught in the wind, flowing all around one another. Eventually, the scene changed to a darker picture. The light was low, and the air was cold.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

All was quiet for the group as they followed behind the carriage at the assumed safe distance. Nothing had happened so far so Kel figured that it would be alright to slow down his pace enough so that everyone else could catch up to him. By doing so he noticed that Kross had some kind of sadden look on his face. "Yo Kross, something on your mind?" Instead of walking beside him, waiting for him to eventually say something, Kel decided to go ahead and ask him if anything was wrong. Whether or not he would get an answer was a different question but it was something that he would have to wait and see. The silence last continued to linger moments before a scream could be heard in the distance. Someone was attacking the carriage and while Mickey, Donald, and Goofy were there, after the sparing session that they had early, they probably would only be able to last for a certain about of time before the enemies got the better of them. The first thing that he attempted to do after hearing the scream was to attempt to run off towards the carriage, but he was stopped bu the group of heartless appearing before them. They were nothing more than just soldiers and lancer soldiers so alone they wouldn't be much of a probably, granted another thing he learned from the thousand heartless battle was that even small and weak heartless could deal damage to when they weren't looking, so he was going to have to make sure to keep an eye on them while he was dealing with the others. Summoning his keyblade, he scanned the massive group for heartless for a target to defeat. The soldiers were definitely the weakest so those would be the first ones that he would deal with since they could be defeated in mass numbers.

First thing that he did was to cast gravity on them right as some of them had tried to disperse away. He managed to catch three of them before the rest scattered away to attack the rest of the group. Kel followed up his gravity attack by tossing his keyblade at the entrapped group, dissipating them in seconds. His attention was turned towards another soldier heartless that had tried to attack him. Dodging the attack, he gave the heartless a swift attack to finish it off. It was at the moment that Kel noticed that he was surrounded by four heartless in a diamond formation. He didn't think that heartless were smart enough to make shapes, even if it was likely unintentional. But he also didn't think a behemoth could leap into the air, jumping over a frozen group, but Free Wily Cat proved him wrong on that account and lets not go into details about the other strange and borderline messed up behemoths there were . So before those heartless could do anything completely unexpected and totally bs, Kel started to fight them while they were just moving around in their usual patterned. One strike had managed to take down one of them before another one had used its cyclone attack to strike him. Kel was barely able to dodge out of the way. He clothes had gotten torn slightly in the back, but at least a) it was just his clothes and b) it didn't hit where he had gotten stabbed in the back by Arma. It may have healed to the point where it did n't just constantly give off some kind of pain, but it would still hurt like hell if he was hit there. After successfully rolling out of the way, he turned towards the heartless and shot off a fira spell, which had it both the one who had attack him and another one who was in the way. That just left one more who was easy to both find and defeat it.

OOC:
    Words: 652
    EXP: 30
    Total EXP: 30
    Soldiers: 18/30 left
    Soldier: 2/3 BP remaining

15. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Hoping that nothing like this would happen was downright silly. Ananta already had her suspicions, but now that these heartless appeared, they were proven correct. Holding her keyblade in her left hand, she stood ready for any heartless that would make their way towards her. Raisor and Kel had already ran in and started to fight it out with their own heartless. Kross hadn't made a move yet and neither had Steel. Speaking of Steel, Ananta hadn't gotten a chance to hear his reply to her. Not like it mattered anyway, he obviously wasn't too concerned about it since he could just as easily stand there and yell about it to everyone else. HE was the one that wanted to talk to Ananta anyway, so why was he acting like this? Sighing deeply, Ananta looked to see a Lance Soldier prancing about. Not wanting to let it get away, she lunged for it and attacked. Her keyblade and it's lance met a few times, the clanging against each other. Ananta finally got the upper hand when the Lance Soldier started to throw a fit and charge around wildly. She grabbed it's body and held on tight as it moved about. Eventually, it slammed into the ground and impaled itself onto it's lance. Ananta watched it disappear and stood up, looking around for any others nearby.

Speaking of Lance Soldiers nearby, it just so happened that one was lunging towards Ananta. She barely dodged, her feet sliding across the ground, and glared at the heartless. "These things are relentless!" she exclaimed. The heartless lunged at Ananta more times, each time seemed more desperate for some reason. Luckily, she was able to dodge them pretty easily, seeing as they had no strength behind them. "It's like the heartless doesn't know how to fight...I thought they used instincts or something?" she said, rolling her eyes. Just as she landed on her feet from another attack, Ananta decided to end this little dance. Smacking the Lance Soldier on it's head, she knocked it out swiftly. With it laying on the ground, she managed to stab it with her keyblade and make it go away. Wiping her forehead Ananta started to catch her breath, Fighting was pretty difficult with all these clothes on. How the heck were Mickey and his friends supposed to fight off enemies and protect the Princess? That concerned Ananta greatly.

On cue, Ananta heard a scream in the distance and the sound of evil cackling. "What's going on up there? I can't tell, they're too far away!" she gritted her teeth. "I knew there was something fishy about making us stay behind....I bet the bad guys were waiting for heartless to attack!" she huffed, rushing towards a Lance Soldier and jumping over it, Ananta landed on the other side of a group of them, clear of any of the heartless. She was about ready to rush towards the carriage, knowing her comrades would be okay, but she was stopped by a Lance Soldier that grabbed her leg. Tripping over, Ananta screamed from the surprised with an "Aaaaaaah!" and hit the ground hard. The Lance Soldier let her go long enough for her to roll onto her back and knock it's lance away. Freaking out, the heartless scrambled towards it's weapon. Ananta stood quickly and rushed at it, striking it down before it was able to grab it's weapon again. Standing still, Ananta breathed in and out to try and determine if she had any injuries so far. Finding that she was safe, Ananta watched over everyone, realizing that maybe going after the carriage would be a bad idea.

OOC
    Words: 609
    EXP Writer: 30 gained
    EXP Total: 30 total exp
    Lance Solders 16/20
    Soldiers 18/30
    Soldier 2/3 BP remaining

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  16. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

The rope was pulled and the curtains were raised to reveal an unusual sight. The scenery was a spooky graveyard. D'daear's irises gazed into the window, more transfixed than frightened. Arms relaxed, no longer tensed. Taking in the details, one thing that was immediately noticeable was how the leaves and fragile branches swayed violently, as if a strong draft was compelling them to move with the winds. As a matter of fact, there was a strong draft passing through him as well. Goosebumps made themselves known on toned armed, evoking the tang top wearing boy to shiver at the feel of the random air current. With a quick rub to the arms, D'daear peered away from the window depicting spooky graveyard and towards the group. However, when he came to it, eyelids retracted themselves to emit baffled eyes. Surrounding the group and himself, was none other than the spooky graveyard. "Whoa!" he uttered in surprise. He quickly turned behind him, wondering if the window was there. It was not. All he saw was a tree. A lightning bolt quickly pierced through the sky above, lightning up the monochrome world while stirring D'daear to jump in momentary fright. Mandible tensed, and heart began to accelerate its rhythm as an instinct began to arise within him. It was getting a little hard to breath. Somewhere in the area, a howl was emitted which caused D'daear's head to turn rather quickly. Pupils dilated automatically, and eyes remained ever so vigilant. "Just...what's going on?" he queried out loud, not the least bit calm; despite the group being there with him. After having watched that first window, he shouldn't be so surprised, and yet he found himself to be. Perhaps seeing is one thing, but experiencing it was a completely different story. With this sensation coursing through him, it felt like he was alone in a dark spooky graveyard; which made him completely oblivious to any embarrassing moments some party members may be having. D'daear was on edge, all of a sudden aware of anything spooky. A loud hoot was heard above the tree he had just bared witness to, causing him to once again turn back to face the tree. Just above was a fluffy looking avian who appeared to look more like a shadowy figured perched on a branch. It looked more menacing since a full moon was its background. It' small body suddenly inflated just before it let out all that air into a hoot.

D'daear took a few steps back before his back bumped into something. Uttering with fright, he jumped forward, quickly turning around in an offensive stance as the star seeker keyblade found itself in his hand, just to see what he had bumped into. Eyes immediately settled on Luna which instantly caused a wave of relief to befall the boy.

@Krowley
    v

"Hey! You got some kinda bone to pick or something!" shouted Hikaru's familiar voice.

D'daear's relief was short relived. Eyes made themselves ready to catch anything out of the ordinary. "Hikaru! Are you-" he shouted. Out of the blue a skull came hurling itself towards D'daear, but luckily he was prepared. With a quick work of reflexes, his keyblade sent the skull flying over him and towards the branch with the owl perched on it. The skull hit the bird and in a comedic effect somehow ended up undressing the avian. Feathers scattered in the air, now being claimed by the windy night. Looking up at the poor undressed bird, D'daear winced in sympathy. "S-sorry...!" he apologized to the bird before looking away. And what do you know, just as he looked away he was met with the stares of eyeless skulls! The skulls began to dance around the group of keyblade wielders, doing all sorts of strange...rhythmical movements. D'daear had no idea whether to be frightened or...impressed. Strangely enough, it kind of made him feel less frightened as they danced around in whatever shinanigans these things were up too; which helped D'daear gather his senses. Taking a moment to observe the skeletons, there was something almost familiar about the skeletons.

"I wonder if they're the same Skeletons like in that nightmare Mickey had..." D'daear pointed out to everyone. Whether they were or not, a sudden inspiration arose within him which allowed for him to fight against the fear that was presently plaguing him. Still feeling on edge, right forearm constricted as right hand gripped the star seeker's handle ever so tight. This was a result of remembering how Mickey struggled to find his dog in that forsaken castle. It was those skeletons that toyed with him, and hindered his progress in finding his kidnapped dog. On the thought, teeth gritted in a moment of resolution. Furrowing his brows, he allowed that indignant sense to fuel him in an attempt to suppress his fears, and in order to fight. Thanks to this, heart remained on high alert, but it was now steady and ready. Watching as a skeleton neared, D'daear reaffirmed the tight grip formed by his right hand, and lunged body forward. With a powerful overhead swing, he let loose that which fueled him; and more. By accident, he ended up smashing three skeletons that had just coincidentally popped up in the line of sight. Bones went flying everywhere as the keyblade swung straight through, unleashing what he was feeling deep inside.

The tip of the blade hit the ground as the swing reached the end of its cycle. Eyes staring at the grass soon found themselves glaring at the other skeletons that lingered nearby. Raising the blade, he aimed the tip at a nearby group of skeletons. "You want some more?! Come on then! I'll show you what happens when you toy with people!" he spat out in war cry.

600+ words = 30 exp

94/100 Skeletons

17. Aelin Best Waifu

As Karina started to walk around the area that she was brought to she watched what was going on around her, the dancing of the mushrooms and such and a smile nudged her face. It was the first in a while. She continued through the music bringing peace to her stirred up soul. As it did she thought of Glens words to her before she had left. She passed them off at first and didn't pay much attention because, well it was Glen and she never paid much attention to him. However Glen apologized, an not just a half hearted apology but full on thought out one.

Karina came to a hault when her mind relayed the other part of what he said, that she belonged there. Karina never felt like she belonged there and was just kept around for her strength that she had to work her butt off to get, he just seemed to naturally fit with the group. He was just like them and he didn't seem to have the problems she did that would drag down the team, mainly her temper. Karina started feeling horrible about trying to kill him. Her life was a mess but that didn't mean she should let that drive her to killing someone over something. What had she become? Leaving her home world she just wanted to fight and prove useful to everyone. She just wanted to help them, but instead she caused pain, a lot of it. What had happened? What had she become.

Karina stropped her trek and fell to her knee's. She wasn't in tears but she felt like her heart had just been torn realizing what she was now. Nothing more than a monster. Although when she hit her knees they struck a small object, the object in which she was searching for. Grabbing it in her hands she got ready to leave. She couldn't take this much longer, the effect that the music had oh her soul.

Exiting the portal Karina stood there for a moment watching for the other members of her party to return. When they hadn't right away she simply turned to Mickey and started speaking not caring if they appeared as she spoke. "I think... I think I have found my reason to fight, nothing nearly as noble as yours but instead I will fight in order to atone for the monster I have become. The person my anger has driven me to be. I might be struggling to change who I am but I will do my best to make up for it. Even if I end up having to do it alone I will, whatever I have to do to allow me to e here still and allow others to have a normal life. I have given up on that dream long ago, I will defend it instead." Karina spoke with almost a sense of conviction in her voice, convicting herself for what she had become and deciding the punishment of her own actions.

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

D'daear pulled the string on the memory's curtain, and the group was immediately enveloped in a flash of light, taken into the memory. When it dimmed, Aden saw that it was now nighttime, and they had arrived in a graveyard. "Oh, this certainly bodes well..." he grumbled, shivering despite himself.

Cats hissed, wolves howled, and the trees rustled, creating an unsettling atmosphere. And then, out of nowhere, a quartet of skeletons appeared from the shadows, performing some sort of macabre dance. "Why does Mickey have so many memories of skeletons, of all things?" Aden wondered aloud.

One skeleton threw its skull at Hikaru when he made a comment Aden hadn't heard, and more skeletons immediately swarmed onto the scene. "Hey! You got some kind of bone to pick or something?" Hikaru challenged them.

Aden groaned. "That pun was ghastly, Hikaru," he complained. Summoning his Keyblade, he swiped at the nearest skeleton's leg, sending it tumbling to the ground in pieces. He picked up one of the fallen bones and shook it at Hikaru. "It really wasn't humerus at all."

Another skeleton danced towards Aden, and when it tried to attack him, he crossed his Keyblade and the leg bone in front of him, blocking the strike. Then he swung the bone up, knocking the skeleton's head clean off, and cut through the body with his Keyblade for good measure. A couple more skeletons ran over, and Aden had to think fast about his next moves. He carefully aimed his Keyblade and fired off a Blizzard at the feet of one skeleton, stopping it in its tracks, and threw the leg bone at the other. The bone got caught in and rattled around the skeleton's ribs, briefly playing a xylophone-esque melody. Unfortunately for Aden, the skeleton decided to pull the bone out, and start using it as a sword. It got into a fencing stance, and Aden, grinning, slid into one of the stances he'd learned from his uncle. Without thinking of it, he saluted to start the match, and the skeleton mirrored him.

The skeleton began with a lunge, and Aden easily parried it, then brought his Keyblade back to strike at the skeleton's chest. The skeleton leapt backwards, though, then flicked its bone to strike Aden's arm. He sidestepped, and found himself oddly appreciating the skeleton's observation of proper fencing etiquette.

Then the skeleton barreled forward and threw its shoulder into his torso. A clear corps-a-corps attack from the corpse, and a violation of the rules of fencing.

"Fine then," Aden huffed, cracking his neck. Likewise, the skeleton cracked its own neck, then its knuckles, toes, and spine. "Show-off." The skeleton moved to bash him over the head with the bone, but Aden knocked it out of its hands, unwittingly sending it careening into the head of the other skeleton that had just freed its feet from the ice Aden had fired at it. "...Well, that was convenient," he murmured, surprised and impressed. Now deprived of a weapon, the skeleton tried to grab Aden, but he quickly sliced its arms off. "Oh, look at that," he smiled. "You're just completely 'armless, aren't you?" Unamused, the skeleton leapt at him, and Aden stabbed it through the ribcage.

He extracted his Keyblade from the jumble of bones and slung it over his shoulder. "Who's next?"

/ / 90/100 skeletons remaining
    EXP Writer I: 554 words = 27 EXP

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Raisor continued his fight against the heartless blocking his way while the others around him fought their own enemies. At the very least it was only a handful of enemies compared to the giant mass of heartless they fought only a short time ago. In fact, Raisor felt a little sleepy fighting the heartless right now. Maybe it was because of the mass of heartless from Central Haven that kept him on his feet, but the amount they were dealing with just felt like a small slap on the wrist. It wasn't like he wanted to fight a thousand more heartless, but it just seemed more like a waste of time what they were doing. In fact, considering these heartless were just stalling them and keeping the keybladers from protecting the princess, it kind of was a waste of time.
    While lost in thought, a Lance Soldier hopped around in front of Raisor and thrust its spear. Raisor quickly relaxed his legs and let his body fall down, narrowly avoiding the oncoming attack. It seemed like Raisor was getting lost in thought a lot lately, and he wondered if maybe he shouldn't do something about it. Then again, it wasn't like he didn't do that all the time when he was younger. He thrust himself up from where he was on the ground and slashed the heartless from the bottom up, and the enemy vanished without a trace. He noticed there was a Soldier that was acting a little strangely compared to the rest as well, and Raisor figured it'd be best to just get rid of it. He sent a fire spell flying at the enemy and it disappeared.
    After getting rid of the Lancer and Soldier, Raisor got flanked by another Soldier and Lancer. Now that he thought about it, he seemed to get attacked from the side nearly as much as he got lost in thought. The Lance Soldier thrust its weapon at Raisor, which he quickly knocked away. The weapon flew out of the creature's hands and landed on the ground. Only interesting thing was, it didn't stay there. In fact, the lance just hopped around like a jumping bean, and the Lance Soldier ran after it, trying to grab its weapon back. Raisor wasn't sure what was going on, but while the clueless heartless was running around like crazy he took the chance to attack the Soldier.
    The Soldier flew at Raisor with a kick, which he blocked at his side with his keyblade. Raisor dropped his keyblade and grabbed the hilt with his other hand and slashed the Soldier horizontally. The Soldier fell down to the ground, but didn't disappear. Raisor looked behind him and noticed the Lance Soldier that was running around finally got its weapon back. Figuring he'd try something, he knocked the Soldier that was on the ground over to the Lance Soldier. The two collided, causing the both of them to vanish into thin air. It seemed a little strange that the Lance Soldier would disappear, since he didn't hit it at all, but it wasn't something he was going to dwell on. There were still a few heartless left, and they needed to find the princess fast.

OOC
    Lance Soldier 14/20
    Soldier 16/20

20. cstar stay away from my waifu

Kaida at that point was still recovering from her psychotic breakdown. She had absolutely no idea why these seemed to be happening so frequently but her thoughts were quickly diverted to the discussion of finding spell pieces. Something must have been said beforehand that was sappy but Kaida had not been paying attention. She hoped it wasn't too important.

When the portals were opened, Kaida was immediately greeted to water, at first she felt her breath freaking out because she thought she was going to drown, but after some time she gained the courage to breath and found out, fortunately, that she could. The blonde haired keyblade wielder began to swim around the area in search for the piece of the spell but stopped when she began to hear music. She looked around confused for a moment, but let it be. At least the music was relaxing if anything, helping her to feel a lot more tranquil. When she continued on, she came across what looked like a beautiful pink water flower.

But as she got closer, she realized it was no flower, and it instead disbanded as two beautiful pink fish, the music changing to fit that. That part confused her for a moment, and that's when she realized the music was almost narating the scene. It was something small, but she noticed it just from the change in pace when the fish moved. She followed the fish, and saw quite a few more. Bubbles were all over the place floating majestically around the area, the fish's fins reflected beautifully, especially when the light hit them. The ones in the shadows were pretty as well however, forming shadowed shapes that did not seem to be fish at first. Each of these shadows and movements were reflected by some sort of change within the music, but it remained as calm as it had before. It was a strange therapy to Kaida that she needed, not usually one to slow down like she was as she swam staring at the fish.

Then the dark colors seemed to turn redder and while she could still see the other colored fish, the red definitely overtook her vision. Yellow fish and red fish continued their swimming in almost a dance like fashion. They began to form beautiful luminescent shapes that were reminiscent of flowers. The flowing of everything still sticking to whatever stringed instrument held out it's note.

Kaida stared, as a big shadow began to overtake the red after the fish blended back into the shadows.

7/12 posts

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015