Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

It felt like the amount of guards was never ending. "We're doing all that we can!" She called back to Kaida. Cailyn looked again, realizing they weren't as far away from victory as she thought. They were almost done with these guards. If they could push through to the end, they would be golden. She had never fought so hard, or at least, not in a long time. Pete was nothing but a coward, and she hated cowardice. She clenched her fist tightly. She fought off 3 of the guards, and took the blows they gave her in her stride. Her way of attacking was less then normal, as it seemed to be based on more then luck more then actually being able to hit things. Never the less she battled with all her might.

OoC:
    15/50 guards left
    0/4 Guard
    0/4 Guard
    0/4 Guard
    1/4 Guard
    155/300 Pete

2. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina had not said much the entire time. She didn't know what to do or say anymore. In all honesty she rarely knew what she should do next and just waited for a mission to come up, and although they knew what needed to be done there was no direction in where to go yet leaving them just standing around talking to a mouse. The idea of a talking mouse didn't bother her because of her experience in the Outback, but a princess mouse was a little strange. When the idea of going somewhere else to look for the other mouse with the book, Mickey, came up Karina was more than relieved. She had began to feel slightly claustrophobic inside the house with so many others there. Karina no longer stood directly in the group but slightly behind Beuce, even so it was bothering her to just be standing around there. "Hurry up already..." She mumbled under her breath eager for everyone to get moving and get out of the house. Perhaps she would even have the chance to have space to herself, talk to her brother perhaps. It had been a long time since she had recorded anything for him, and although she doubted he would ever hear them, it made her feel a little closer to him. Karina soon started for the door not waiting for anyone to finish their talking anymore. Heck she had no clue what was going on at this point due to being so zoned out that half the conversation just went in one ear and out the other, not registering any of it.

3. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

Kross promptly waved his hands infront of him as Minnie spoke to him."Think nothing of it Princess!" He said with a sheepish laugh."My master practically nailed it into my head so.."He rubbed the back of his head. he then heard Ananta and blinked."W..wait I.."He trailed off as she left to tend to Beuce.His brows knitted together and saw Karina approach Beuce too. He gave Minnie a bow and Base a smile before approaching Karina. He then held up his arms and flexed them."Karina, am I as strong as you yet?"He asked with a bright grin. He let his arms drop. He looked to the side."Karina..I want to tell you something..iterating from your discussion with Glen earlier."He said and looked at her."If you ever have the slightest notion that you're useless, you'll have me to think you're not. Look at you, strong, brave, stubborn..I wish I could be like you. I'm jealous."He said. He then turned to Beuce and eyed his arm-or what used to be his arm, now a stub."...Does it hurt?"He asked him as Ananta tended to him.

4. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel's only reaction to being told to keep property damage to a minimum was to shrug and lower his arms. So, he wouldn't get to blow anything up today, it wasn't a complete loss; Base had said that they wanted to keep property damage to a minimum. Tucking that thought away until the next boss fight, Steel pulled out his flip phone and began messing around with it. To be honest, he was somewhat curious as to what this device could accomplish; Leonidas, of all people, was the least likely person to give him an ordinary flip phone. To that end, he figured there was some technological enhancement or system that would allow this phone to be exceptionally useful. He flipped through and found some standard cellular phone features: texting, contacts, call log, music player, a few games, a camera, and a calculator. On the surface, it seemed to be a normal cell phone. However, almost every one of the aforementioned features had seemed to have been used... and the data was most certainly interesting.

First, the music player had tons of music tracks, some of which he was fairly certain he had heard Karina and some of the others listening to on multiple occasions. The camera seemed to have multiple pictures that, not only had he obviously not taken, but was nowhere near the location during the given time stamp. At the same time, there were some pictures that he seriously doubted the events in ever happened at all. For example: one picture clearly showed Beuce and Ananta in Camelot, smiling at the camera. Beuce had made bunny ears with his fingers over Ananta's head, and Madame Mim was in the background, unconscious at the bottom of a small crater. Most of the games involved previous quest he had partaken in, like collecting dress materials, or defeating small armies. The contacts list was filled with all of the available party members; each number being one digit longer than a regular phone's. Lastly, the text messaging section was filled with conversations that, to his knowledge, had never occurred.

He was contemplating the new device when he got a response from both of the parties he had previously texted. They had both typed the same irksome message.

"Said Steel!"
    -G

"Said Steel!"
    -MR

Steel merely glared at the screen for a moment before he texted back.

">:["
    -S

The response was rather quick.

"Right then... so the cell phone.
    I call it the shadow cell. It taps directly into your power and allows you to access the knowledge you've gleaned from your allies (and other people you... stalk) as data. Generally you can already access the information within your mind, but with this device, any information you would need to imprint into a computer system can be done without much suspicion. Same for remotely accessing necessary terminals. In this situation however, your power is limited, so it's actually what would allow you to do any of that stuff in the first place. Overall, it's a pretty good organizational tool, even if you don't use it for much else."
    - G

Steel read over the text quietly. He didn't really have much to say; Leonidas was, as always, Genius. With this, he could directly access the Holo-almanac at the touch of a button and organize the data in a way that not only suited him, but could be slightly more comprehensive were he to present it to select beings. It was also a fast way to draw intelligence out of his head, which was definitely an ability that was limited in his current situation. What was that stat even measured at? Like, twelve maybe? Equipment also had to be considered, but he shrugged that off. Perhaps he could use the document manager right now. But for what? An idea was quickly formed in his mind. He smirked as he began typing down and applying a measurement system for the "Hearts" he had amassed. Using a code that could be used to easily find the information one sought and starting up various other documents. He also remotely accessed information on his equipment (Which he could do anyway, but this new method seemed rather fun), and gave consideration to what weapons and abilities he should equip in preparation for upcoming events. The last thing he did was consider how he would apply statistical enhancements.

Satisfied with his progress, he compiled everything into a folder and flipped the device shut. Now he moved consider his current situation: most of his companions were talking to Que- Princess Minnie. He himself wasn't one-hundred percent sure what exactly to do. The whole dream rally thing threw him off a bit; were whey supposed to split up here, or talk to Minnie first? Was this more, or less important than finding Mickey? And since when was he a librarian? Steel shook his head in silence, for the most important question was the one that was asked often, and yet that least likely to be asked: Why was he asking the "audience" so many questions? Shrugging, Steel decided that for now he would just move slightly closer to the rest of his allies positions.

He opted to hang around near Beuce, Kross, Ananta and Karina. Not too close however; Karina was kind of being crowded at the moment. It seemed that, once again, everyone was trying to cheer her up: He knew better than to get caught in the explosion. He chuckled silently to himself; what was he to do with these people? He pulled out a S.E.E.D. and began to nibble on it quietly as the others continued their conversations. Maybe he could find some special varieties of his favorite food at this festival. He perked up at the thought, and took a large bite of the flavored orb. Perhaps this would be an exceptionally good time to just sit back, relax, and have some fun for a bit. The group could certainly use it with all they had gone through in the last little while.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  5. cstar stay away from my waifu

It was only after Cailyn had replied that she realized she probably made it sound like they were not doing anything to help out. They were, and she would never say they were not. When she was asking for help, it was because she was being swarmed by the guards and could not get up off the ground. Well, Kaida was still on the ground, and she still needed help. She just decided to tell herself to calm down, "It is okay, they are both busy and cannot help you out at this moment. You put yourself in this situation, you can get yourself out."

Kaida let out an attack growl and threw her keyblade up in a perfectly vertical direction. This allowed her to hit two of the guards who fell back. When they keyblade flew back down it stuck in the ground right next to her head. She stared for a moment in shock but then quickly jumped up, grabbing the keyblade, and swung it out of the ground and at another guard. She tried to roll out of the way and hit one more guard as she left the circle.

All of them were still around and not knocked out, which made Kaida feel like she was losing steam, but she did a quick count of what was left and felt relieved. Only fifteen more, it's almost done, then we can all finish off Pete. Kaida ran at the guards with another yell and hit the ones she already did damage to, knocking four of them out. The guards tried to attack her again and she backed off and ran over at Pete and hit him again. He let out a yell and ran off behind the guards... again. He seemed nervous about the lack of guards around him, which clearly meant he was running out of human... weasel? Weasel shields. Kaida took a deep breath tallying up what was left and congratulated herself silently knowing she could still perform basic math and she ran over to Cailyn and Roe. There was a guard near them that was still standing, but looked weak, so she swung at him and knocked him out in order to get him out of the way.

Kaida breathed in again and blocked the attacks from the guards as she spoke, "Alright, from what I can see, there's only ten more of these guys left. We should focus on taking them all out, and then we can all go after Pete and teach him a lesson together. Sound good to you two?" Kaida waited for a response from them, healing herself due to the damage she took when she was surrounded by the guards. She then planned an attack strategy for her next move.

ooc:
    exp: 460 words = 23 EXP

guards: 10/30 left
    pete: 151/300

6. Glen Returned from the dead

Glen barely paid attention to what Minnie was saying. It was probably something extremely important, but he was in the attic of a princess, who knew what kinda stuff she had up there? He had been looking a lot of the time, but he was yet to find something. Mostly just old books and trinkets of sorts, nothing interesting to him. He was about to continue looking, when he became aware of something terrible: his neck was suspiciously cool. He felt around there, and noticed immediately that his scarf was missing.

Going into a slight panic, Glen began trying to mentally retrace his steps, thinking when he could have possibly put it down somewhere. Of course, the stairs! When he'd fallen down it, it must have come loose and fallen off. He took off quickly, leaping down the staircase down from the attic, racing along the upper floor, and then slid down the rail and landed with a soft thump on the ground where, sure enough, his scarf sat. The boy quickly scooped it up and put it on around his neck once again. He then turned and went to go back up, but a slight shine caught the corner of his eye. It was Ananta's crystal.

The young keyblade wielder walked over to her, trying to make sure that it was in fact Ananta's crystal. He'd heard of the things it could do, but he'd never seen them himself. "That crystal thing around your neck, what's the deal with that? You always seem to have it with you, what's it's purpose?" he asked, curiosity building up in him.

7. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

"You got it!" Cailyn replied happily. She could taste the victory soon to come. We a new found energy she continued to fight. She couldn't wait to see the look on Pete's face when he finally saw that the 3 Keyblade Wielders were getting the best of him. She gave a smirk at the very thought of being able to hit that smug look off of Pete's face. "We all make a pretty good team." She thought to herself.

Cailyn let out a large sigh, before heading back into the fray. She kept thinking to herself in her head. "Only 10 more. Only 10 more. Come on, get a hold of yourself. Just 10 more." She thought as she sliced through 3 more of the guards. "Now there are only 7 more." She laughed to herself.

She hated that Pete was hiding behind his little minion guards. "What a coward." She muttered under her breath. Now she really wanted to hurry so she was able to punch his face in.

OoC:
    7/30 Guards left
    0/4 Guard
    0/4 Guard
    0/4 Guard
    1/4 Guard
    151/300 Pete

8. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Luna smiled as Minnie happily explain the Dream Festival. Luna felt the happiness Minnie had toward this time of the year. She over heard Beuce looking for a clothing store. Luna looked down at her attire and it was a bit torn as it were from the battles she engaged in. Luna looked up toward Minnie. "Excuse me your highness, but do you know any place where I can get a new set of clothes? The clothes I am currently wearing are a bit torn and a little dirty." She took ahold of her necklace as she reminisced times back in her home world where everyone was happy and there were smiles at every corner you turned. "Oh how I wish to go back to a happier time back home" Luna whispered ever so quietly to herself as she began to grow homesick.

9. Krowley Moderator

Hikaru glanced at Yen Sid one last time, making sure he was the last once again before leaving. Merlin, the ducks, and the rest of the party had all made it through, but he stayed behind to reflect on their current situation. Central Haven had fallen, the Order spread out thin, and Kaida's fate was still unknown to him. The core things he wanted to protect were now in shambles and the thought of it all made him want to cry. Keep fighting, he told himself. But when would it end? Everyone else wanted to continue on, but Hikaru had his doubts if they could do it. Make it to the end and save all the worlds. How could he do that when he couldn't even save his home?

As he looked one last time at the wizard, he stepped through the mirror with hopes that things wouldn't get worse.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minnie looked saddened for not being able to help them. "You all seem like such good people, and believe me, if I knew what book you were searching for, I would gladly help. But alas, there isn't much I know about it. I'm ever so sorry. Perhaps you can check the town library? Though Mickey was never much of a reader." She giggled at the thought of him trying to read a picture-less book with great difficulty.

"We'll check it out!" Huey volunteered, springing forward.

"Yeah, Junior Woodchucks are great at finding stuff!" Louie added.

Dewey inhaled deeply, getting a fresh whiff of the air. "Ahh, you never forget that smell of home!" Originating from Disney Town, they felt it best to search the massive workplace, while the rest of the keybladers could go off on their own to search the town.

Minnie looked shocked at seeing the three ducks. "Oh? I didn't expect you three to be back so soon? And in such fancy new clothes too!"

"Back from where?" Dewey asked suspiciously. He slightly panicked from the thought of running into past versions of themselves.

"Well, last I heard they were going to spend their summer with their Uncle Scrooge, exploring new worlds."

"Oh yeahhhh. That was a really fun summer- ow!" Louie was recalling that summer, when Huey slapped him in the head for not acting like it was the present instead of the past.

"Is what we'll say when it's over hehe," Dewey saved. "We just came back to get a few extra things for the trip. But uhh... we'll be happy to check the library on our way."

"And get other supplies that we need. You know for our trip."" Louie added. "Hey wait a minute... this summer is when we made the thing!"

"The thing?.... Oh yeah the thing!" Huey suddenly recalled. "So yeah, we'll just check on that, and leave this stuff to you guys!" Huey quickly ran with his brothers to find the belongings they had in mind.

"Such odd boys," Minnie chuckled.

"Everything's all set Princess Minnie. Oh- I didn't know you had company." A dark-furred anthropomorphic horse in farmer's overalls came strutting along, tipping his small hat to the royal princess. "But as you requested, I came and found you as soon as I was done setting up the fruitball court ma'am!"

"Thank you Horace. You know, for the longest time I thought you'd moved away from the Kingdom. I never saw you around town, but when I did, I just knew you were the right person for the job. I don' know how we could have done this year's festival without you."

"Aww, shucks. Was nothing miss princess. I'm just trying to do my part for the community." He looked sideways at the sight of keyblades, but dismissed it as he continued to speak. "Y'all should come see it when all the games are up and running. It's a real hoot and a half!" He turned back to the princess. "Speaking of your royal highness, Daisy needs to have a word with you about the decorations."

"Well, that's my queue I suppose. I would love to have learned all of your names, but a princess' work is never done," she chuckled. "You are more than welcome to explore, and do tell me if you find what you're looking for. Especially Mickey!"

Horace waved good bye as he escorted Minnie back to the Main Plaza. "And just between us, try and stay clear of the captain of the guard. That bully doesn't take well to outsiders!"
    As the two left, the group was confronted on where to go from here.

Hikaru, who exited the house at the time of the ducks' departure, came to the center and tried to be strong for the rest of his comrades. "Well, way I see it we have two options. One; search the town for Mickey and the book. Two; look somewhere else."

Merlin looked estranged at him. "I'm afraid I don't understand my boy. The mouse clearly came into this world."

"That's just it. We don't know if the mickey comes from this world. It could have been a past or future incarnation that found a way around the lockdown with mirrors. Nobody's seen him for weeks, but we saw him only moments ago. I'm just saying it's not impossible." His thought process was odd, but he was hoping maybe some one would catch on.

"Are you trying to say that they key to both the mouse AND the book lies somewhere in his timeline?"

"Exactly!" Hikaru felt relieved he was at least somewhat understood. "Only problem is I wouldn't know where to start.

"That, my lad, is where having a time traveling wizard comes in handy. Your fancy science may be limiting my magic, but I can still open up windows of time for a duration. Long enough to get the answers you seek at least. And by calculating your group, possible outcomes, key points in time, the group of travelers, time theory, and any magnanimous side effects, I would say I can unlock at least oh... three doors. And as far as your time limit, I would give it an hour at best."

It wasn't much, but searching a town would be just as time consuming. "Well search the town or search through time?" he asked the keyblade wielders.

10. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

D'daear stood by with arms crossed while the entire conversation went on between Minnie and the three ducks. A light bulb went on in the boy's head when the Duck's covertly covered their tracks when Minnie had assumed them gone for the summer. Had it not been for this little show, the key wielder would have long since forgotten that they had indeed traveled from Hikaru's world to...what place in time? Acting out his thought process, he held his chin gently with right index and thumb while holding the elbow with left palm. Eyes looked up to space in wonder. Time travel; to him, was a new concept that he had yet to have a proper grasp on. "Wait a second... Hikaru's home world was where again in time? And if Dewey, Huey, and Louie were supposed to be on summer vacation right now...does that mean...we were in the future?" he mumbled to himself. Lips pursed themselves aside while eyebrows furrowed in deep thought. Trying to piece these simple pieces together, he became unaware of everything else that began to occur once the Ducks had left the house. For a moment the boy stood there, pondering something. It had something to do with a possibility which just so happened to correlate with everything he had thought about in regards to his own experiences thus far. Eyes slowly found themselves aimed at the floor with hands grasping the hips in the form of a chicken wing. When he came to, Minnie had left as well without his knowledge! A bit of guilt sunk in for not bidding the Princess farewell. With a light shrug, he turned to the group of warriors he had been traveling with. Hikaru looked like he had something to discuss with them.

Paying close attention, ears began to collect information from Hikaru and Merlin as they discussed a possibility in a means of where to search for Mickey. So many words relating to time travel were said, and tossed around like it was all scripted or something. As for D'daear, well he didn't quite understand most of it. Unable to deny himself the cliche action, he scratched the back of his head whilst raising a brow. "So if no one has seen Mickey in a while, and we just saw him, that means he's a...what did the old Wizard say? Past or Future incarnation?" he quizzically spewed words. Again, he had just received the concept of Time travel. Having been in his own little mental world for a good while, he just realized Central Haven had been from the future. It's not surprising he'd be confused about all of this. Placing both middle finger and thumb at the center of his face, they rubbed the inside of the lids, massaging them. D''daear took a step forward, eyebrows furrowed briefly.

"I just...I just don't get any of this...time traveling mumbo jumbo..." he uttered in a moan. Removing the hand away from blue irises, he continued to stand by while the wizard continued to talk.

"... I can still open up windows of time for a duration. Long enough to get the answers you seek at least. And by calculating your group, possible outcomes, key points in time, the group of travelers, time theory..Blah blah blah" Merlin explained, inevitably losing D'daear's attention. The room warped as D'daear lost himself in the struggle to understand all this. If any were paying attention, they could notice D'daear's jaw drop slightly while an eye twitched in discomfort. It was a brief moment, though. When the purple haired boy came to, Hikaru had dropped them a question.

"Huh...? Uuh, time travel?" he blatantly spoke up. It was the first thing that came to his mind as a response (His Answer) to an unheard question.

11. cstar stay away from my waifu

Kaida got herself fired up and decided that she would finish this up as fast as she could, even if she was exhausted at the end of it. She ran at one of the guards and hit them, then went after two more. The total of three quickly changed to five and left only a couple of guards left. Literally, two guards left. She decided to leave the two to Cal, since she noticed Pete trying to get out of there now that his numbers were down.

She charged at Pete and jumped in the air, hitting him so he knocked down to the ground. She slashed at him a couple more times so that he would get the message. This was going to be over very soon.

ooc:
    128 words= 6 EXP

Guards: 2/30 left
    Pete: 149/300

12. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Cailyn bounced up and down excitedly as she saw their were only two guards yet. "I totally knew we could do it all along!.... Ok maybe not but it's the thought that counts right?" She said, letting out a sigh of relief. She finished off the two guards as quickly as she could. Her legs felt like lead but she soldiered on. "Not so fast Pete!" She yelled, her breathing heavy. Now with Kaida and her both fighting, there wasn't anything that could stop them. She smiled at the thought as she ran with her Keyblade, whacking Pete with it, with all of her might.

OoC:
    0/30 Guards left
    0/4 Guard
    0/4 Guard
    140/300 Pete

13. cstar stay away from my waifu

Cailyn finished up the guards, and now they could both focus their efforts on Pete. She almost pictured the two of them playing some sort of tennis match in some ways. Kaida hit Pete a whole punch of times: slashing, dashing, dicing, slicing. Anything that would get the message straight. When she was done, she knocked him over to Cailyn so she could do her thing.

ooc:
    66 words= 3 EXP
    121/300 Pete

14. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Pete was being tossed between them like a ping pong ball. Cailyn watched as Kaida sliced and diced Pete. She wished she could fight as good as she could. She moved the hair out of her eyes so she could battle more easily. She cracked her knuckles, though it didn't help take away the soreness the rest of her body had. Two against 30 was just not fair. That gave her even more reason to beat Pete up, as she swung at him with her Keyblade.

OoC:
    106/300 Pete

15. cstar stay away from my waifu

Kaida kept listening to Pete's yelps and cries for invisible guards to come and stop them, but they were being relentless. She watched him leap and bound as she hit him a couple more times and sent him back on his way for Cailyn to do her thing.

ooc:
    48 words= 2 EXP
    Pete: 87/300

16. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

"Save your tears and cries Pete, they won't save you now!" Cailyn shouted as she slammed her Keyblade into his side. She was getting her energy back, surprisingly. She was getting a major adrenaline rush. "You go Gurl!"

OoC:
    Pete: 72/300

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  17. cstar stay away from my waifu

Pete had spun over towards Kaida and she hit him a couple times and sent him flying back towards Cailyn. She surprised how long it was taking to finish him off, for a coward he could sure take a hit.

ooc:
    40 words: 2 EXP
    Pete: 53/300

18. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

How was Pete still standing anyway? Did he have heavy armor under all of that? Cailyn clenched her fists even harder. It make her so mad, the fact that he could take so many hits from both of them. She slashed her Keyblade at him.

OoC:
    Pete: 38/300

19. cstar stay away from my waifu

At this point, she was not surprised he was captain, because he was still standing. She wasn't sure why he was just letting them beat him up like this. But then suddenly he wasn't. After Kaida hit him, he steadied his fist and punched Kaida, sending her flying back into a wall. Kaida let out a cough after the impact, and stared in surprise, she held her gut in pain and spoke, "Oh wow, oh that hurt... ow... OW. JEEZ WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?"

OOC:
    85 words= 4 EXP
    Pete: 19/300

20. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

"Oh you're going to pay for that!" Cailyn said angrily. "How would you like a mouth full of Key!?" She asked, swinging at Pete with all her might. "That should get you off your high horse." She coughed, holding her head in pain. Boy was she getting a headache. She felt dizzy, and tried to breath deeply. This fighting really wore her out

OoC:
    4/300