Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix English Patch Modifications

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Roxas1123, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Roxas1123 Moogle Assistant

Hello community. As it stands, I've just recently started getting into actually modding Kingdom Hearts games and since KH2 in general has been much more widely hacked and supported by the modding community, what better game to start with, right?

Now, with the main topic at hand. I have had Xeeynamo's English patch for quite some time and I was enthralled to say the least that I could finally get all that bonus content with the English language long before the current 2.5 HD ReMIX was coming out.
    However, seeing as I've just recently started modding, I've taken it upon myself to fix grammatical and spelling errors in this very same patch and implement them into the game again. I've even taken the liberty to completely redo the Final Mix cutscenes and add the dialogue to read exactly as it does in the North American release of 2.5.

Although I'm stoked to share it with the community, I would thoroughly enjoy some help if any others are willing to do so. To start, there are a few things I need to know.
    1. Recipes and other texts that are "Dummy" (What should each one actually say)
    2. Text boxes that are random strings of digits, such as "21248" (Same as above)
    3. To point out any major grammatical and spelling errors that I may or may not miss (I pretty much have this covered but feedback is always welcome)
    4. (As noobish and silly as this sounds,) How to actually create a kh2patch file that actually works
      • I've created a couple but ended up getting an ISO roughly 1GB in size and would crash PCSX2, so I'm pretty sure I managed to do that wrong somehow
    5. (Specifically if crazycatz00 could help me out on this one,) How to fix the font sizing, seeing as everywhere you look there are those annoying lines either above or below the font
    As it stands, I have redone a few of the cutscene dialogues to better accommodate the 2.5 release of Kingdom Hearts II FM, I have corrected quite a bit capitalization and spelling errors with items and abilities (and even fixed the descriptions of a few, such as Genji Shield :D), and have even began to rename the titles of cutscenes in the Theater mode.

Let me know what you guys think and I'll try my hardest!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Were fixing up English patch so you dont need to wast your time . And the japanese 2.5 had the English files we been fixing up[DOUBLEPOST=1413780799][/DOUBLEPOST]And crazycat ported over the english font already . So were a step ahead of you

3. Roxas1123 Moogle Assistant

Well darn. That's pretty disappointing but also great news.

4. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

you want to help us ?

5. Roxas1123 Moogle Assistant

If there's actually some way I can, sure. But keep in mind, as stated above, I'm totally new to this and I do not even have my own copy of 2.5 or even a PS3. :P

6. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Update english patch i fixed and it stills needs some touching up