Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I'd love more help.

I'm just sorry I haven't posted any progress for a while; my boyfriend's been on the computer for the last few days and I haven't been able to even touch the keyboard.

It's called "HxD." Go download it yourself.

EDIT:

Also, since we're in a dev-mode, I have an idea (or a few ideas) for another project that I'd like some help with getting started. They're more KH2:FM specific though.

2. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

[DOUBLEPOST=1363645591][/DOUBLEPOST]What do u meen Dev-Mode ??

3. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I mean that since we're getting more helpful and more creative people here in the thread, that we're developing new things, and that I would like some help in trying to get some more of my ideas done. I don't have the brains to write programs that would interact with PS2 games from the early to mid 2000s.

4. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

I would also like to help as well . But my pc where I live is crappy . But at my moms I have a laptop and it runs kingdom hearts full speed .

5. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Well that's good I guess.

I'm still translating the gummi blocks (since I want to finish one thing before moving on to another thing) and have finished blocks "Cure-G" through "Aero-G □." All other blocks (and their descriptions) are in Japanese.

EDIT:
    I tried finding the "Scan" ability, no luck.

If anyone else wants to try it, here's what it should be in hex:
    Code:
    19 06 E1 19 1F 19 06
    All I can find are gummi blocks. -_-

I don't need to pm you, we can just talk here. This is officially the development thread for this project, at least until we make a new thread with a better name.

6. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

So are we a offically a Team now ?

7. gledson999 Destiny Islands Resident

the gummy, jimmy journal, cut-scenes, are editable then or are compressed? I'm translating the kingdom heart 2 Final Mix+ for portuguese brasil language.. See im my blog
    http://gledson999.blogspot.com.br/

8. Roxas75 Moogle Assistant

Does anyone know where the cutscene fonts are?

9. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

gledson, you HAVE to let me fix up the English translation of KH2 Final Mix. Please! The grammar of the original translation KILLS me, and there are some minor parts that weren't even translated. Please show me how.

To answer your question, I haven't been able to translate any cutscenes, but I haven't tried to yet. Root, the guy who made this stuff seem more possible to do than ever, said that the cutscenes are compressed. Jimmy's Journal, at least the NAMES of them (maybe not the entries themselves, I haven't tried that yet) are editable with a hex editor, and the gummi part names (again, I haven't tried the descriptions yet) are editable with a hex editor.
    No idea.

10. Datenshi Moogle Assistant

Hey, I pretty much just signed up to see if I can help with anything.

I honestly never attempted anything like this before but I am pretty sure I can learn fast if anyone is willing to point me in the right direction and tell me what to do.

11. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

It's actually very simple.

Read this and ask me if you have any questions.
    Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (Not what you're thinking, sorry.)

12. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Hey . I can go on the computer. Can anybody give me a link to qll the stuff i need to gelp with this ? Thsnks

13. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Everything that's not in that post I linked to is on Page 2. Just look.

14. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Ok . I just downloded the Hex Editor
    .so i will give it a shot . Mess around with with it . Can u uploaded the patch for khfm plz[DOUBLEPOST=1363725913][/DOUBLEPOST]
    R u almost done with the patch ? I want it really bad !

15. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

http://www.mediafire.com/?j9icpwawq3j6a4s

There. Here's what I have so far. This patch is for Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, not the original Japanese release.

16. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Alright . Thanks man .[DOUBLEPOST=1363731949][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It looks nice . I have it on my iso. When is it going to fully translated ?

17. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I have no earthly idea.

18. Crypt Traverse Town Homebody

Seems you took the same basic approach as Majik did with his patch.

However, do you know how Xeeynamo did his?

19. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I do not.

That gledson fellow above seems to know, given what he was able to do with KH2:FM.
    [​IMG]

Honestly I would much rather like to be able to do something like that, instead of being limited to hex editing. Some entries I can't even find (like the magic) when searching through the iso, and I'd like to be able to release something one day that's more helpful to a player than the ability to make gummi ships.

You know what I mean?

On a related note if gledson would shed some light on how this is done I'd love to fix up some things that Xeeynamo left undone or things that are really awkward. ("Two become one" and "Axel's data are there", etc.)

20. EvilMan_89 Code Master

well, even if you don't release with a full translation patch or menu patch. it could still be a good code to release. like how there was a code for KH2FM for a translated Command Menu.