Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

hey guys sora here, i Recently fell and sipped on ice and i broke my right elbow, so i wont be modding for a while. well i can just not as a much, sorry about this,

2. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

Since it was an accident, I'll just let it slide. Hahaha ha ha... Jokes aside, get well soon since your well being is much more important than fixing bugs in an already playable patch.

3. Dorza Moogle Assistant

Since there is a lot of conflicting statements on this thread and im kinda confused, i am hoping that you can help me.
    Is the patch really playable? what i mean by that is, if i patch the game using the current patch, will i be able to play the game from start to finish?
    Also, should i use the patch that is found in the first post of this thread or is there a different location for the patch download link.
    thank you very much in advance.

P.S.
    Get well soon Sora

4. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

It is not playable from beginning to end, you can get through most of the game, until you receive the Oblivion Keyblade from Kairi (which is required by the story) then you get randomly teleported to "The Final Door" (a otherwise inaccessible area that is only in cut-scenes otherwise) however, if you know how to use PNACH file cheats to teleport back, and are willing to, you can complete the story. Also a similar bug, is in the coliseum, you will often be randomly teleported to the ice titan boss battle, or Sephiroth, that infinity loops every time you beat the Ice Titan/Sephiroth. There are no older versions of the patch that i know of floating around the internet, except for the one on Sora's blog, but that one has bugs of its own, bugs that can't be fixed with teleport cheats (unless you want to skip 2 story-line required boss battles). So to put it simply, your best options are: You can download the current patch, and use PNACH file cheats (if you know how, if you don't, go to the PCSX2 forums to figure out), or, you can wait.

5. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

Sure! The one I used was the one from sora6645's blog. They keep saying it had bugs of its own but I easily got around them with a try or two. It was atleast easier for me because I didn't know how to use cheats. Anyway, I finished it from start to end and all you have to do is IF you encounter a bug, turn of all not recommended speedhacks and use the original iso (japanese) for that specific fight. I bug tested sora's patch so I would know. I made a list a few months back so if you wanna check it out, please do ask.[DOUBLEPOST=1456239118][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Don't limit his options too much... I feel that the one from sora's blog is much better since the fix is easier for the 2 game-breaking bugs of sora's patch.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  6. Dorza Moogle Assistant

Wow, i didnt expect that in-depth of a response, i will try it your way.
    And yes, I'd be glan to see that list, could save me a lot of effort.
    On a completly different note I have a question, I'm genuinely wondering what it takes to make a translation patch. Im asking this because the patch for KH2FM was made a very long time ago and aside from a few visual quirks, it bug-free, so i was very surprised to discover that the patch for the first KHFM was not done yet and was wondering why does it take so much longer (not that im complaining or belitteling all of the guys who work hard on this patch, its really wonderful they take out of their time to do this).

7. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

thanks man . They want to put 2 pins in my elbow on thursday. so i will be busy for 8-12 weeks in a cast most likey but i will try and mod from time to time when i can and my elbow doesnt hurt as bad.

8. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

Because KHFM is much less popular and harder to modify. there are no easy to use programs to mod KHFM, meaning pretty much the only way to do it is to hex edit, or create your own programs, neither of which is easy. Plus, group mods like this usually have a lot of disagreement and argument, and if 1 person can't do their share of the work (laziness or irl problems) then the whole thing falls apart. For KH2FM, it was 1 really dedicated person ( meaning no conflict in opinion) who could create his own programs, and hex edit.

9. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

I have been there man. On my Ankle rather than Elbow, but I understand how much that sucks. Hope you get better soon and thank you for all you have done on these translations. It is very appreciated.

10. Dorza Moogle Assistant

Damn, get well dude.
    I've been through surgery before (not with my elbow but still..) and the most important thing is you need to rest.
    I think I speak for all of us when I say, this silly patch can wait, don't concern yourself with that utill your elbow is healed completely.
    BTW, per Charmander's Key's suggestion, i have downloaded the patch thats on your blog, and I've been having a blast with it, Im still in the Alice world, and i know there will be bugs later on (and I will handle them like Charmander's Key suggested) but all in all, you really do an amazing job :)

11. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

the good news is that i got a hacked ps2 again(old phatty died) now i can test on my side before releasing it to you guys

12. Dorza Moogle Assistant

Welp, i finished KHFM with Sora's patch from the blog, didn't really make a list of the bugs, but i'll write down what i recall:

1. There are only 2 game breaking bugs as far as i could see:
    a. Ursula (first fight): cant target or hit the cauldron.
    b. Oogie Boogie (first fight): Oogie keeps running from side to side without furthering the fight, so you are stuck.

2. Now for the small stuff:
    a. whenever you open a chest, you get garbled gibberish instead of the item name (this isn't so bad, as you can simply go to the inventory to check).
    b. sometimes when you beat a boss, no name is displayed for the reward. for example, when you beat the hooded secret boss (not giving him a name to avoid spoilers), it doesn't say you got the ansem report.

Thats it, basically, Sora did a great job this far, and im sure the finished product will be even better :)

13. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

I am so sorry! My life was getting a bit busy because of personal problems and this thread completely slipped from my mind. I wasn't able to show you all the bugs I already found but it seems you solved them on your own. If you still wanna see it it is in a few pages back. Again, so sorry. T-T

14. M1rk0-StupidName Merlin's Housekeeper

I haven't finished the game yet but (on ps2) the game just crashed before giving me the ansem report after the unknown boss fight, anyway are you sure that you actually get ansem reports when it doesn't display them?

15. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

I already finished the game a while back and I got the ansem reports just fine, if I didn't, I wouldn't have a complete journal. It might be different since you are playing on an actual ps2 though.

16. Dorza Moogle Assistant

M1rk0- Yea i got all of the reports including the one after unknown.
    Its important to note that, as far as my investigation concludes, this patch isn't really responsible to crashes.
    Almost anytime my game crashed, i tried the JAP version and got similar resaults. the truth is, this game is much less stable than KH2 when it comes to PCSX2 (ESPECIALLY when upping the graphics with shading, supersampeling and the like; most of the time when i got a crash, i turned down the graphics settings on my PCSX2 and it didn't crash)

Charmander's Key - lol dude, thats ok, we are all busy. I'll attempt to dive into the previous pages of this thread and find it.

In conclusion, basically, as long as you keep graphics settings down at big flashy fights with particle effects (cerberus, big ursula, chernaborg, etc.) and use the JAP version for stage 1 ursula and stage 1 oogie, you can play this game from start to finish, including doing 100% run (which BTW, is SOOOOO much easier and quicker than KH2FM).[DOUBLEPOST=1457389418][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW, sora6645 , if you need any help, i dont know how to code or anything like that, but if you need me to play-test the stuff, i'll be very glad to do so, talk to me if you need me.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  17. darkvaporizer Moogle Assistant

In past i already tried to play this game with patch. And when i arrived to the point where i have to kill ursula i've got your same problems. So, in your opinion, playing with kh final mix jap doesn't fix crashes but fix bugs?

18. Dorza Moogle Assistant

Indeed, it seems that the crashes just happen, KH1 is just not as optimised for PCSX2 as KH2.
    Note that if you use your copy of KH 1 FM JAP, you can continue from the same saves as the english patched ISO, so you can simply get to ursula, switch to JAP, beat her, switch back to ENG and move on to oogie boogie, at that point you'll need to do the same.

19. darkvaporizer Moogle Assistant

Now i resumed playing kh fm1 if i get those bugs or something else i will try that thing.

20. Commanduf Moogle Assistant

Hows it going with this project? I can't access ether of the download links so I'm afraid to ask X(