Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

thats not work. transalting and testing traverse town or any other world is more work. lol

2. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah I guess so... Im just pissed that I have to redo khfm after I finished it. Maybe after my ReCOM playthrough.

3. keyofdarkness55 Traverse Town Homebody

its cool bro you don't have to i got this

4. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

That's really nice of you to take up a responsibility that I asked for. Thanks for helping me out!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Edit: I'm still gonna do it though... I feel kinda bad for letting someone do it...

5. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

While I do like seeing progress, I'm just confused as to why exwctly you're starting over. That was a lot of work done by other people and unless your font and elf are going to be totally different from what's already been done, I don't understand why yo can't at least reuse what exists already.

Are you going to leave the cutscenes cropped or will you make them fullscreen like crazycatz did?

I'm just asking because I feel like with a little foresight the project can get finished quicker and you won't have to redo a lot of work.

6. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

well the reason why i started over is becuase the old patch had alot of bugs and i dont know where they came from. so i thought it would be nice and just started over.

7. keyofdarkness55 Traverse Town Homebody

Its fine bro i already finished it[DOUBLEPOST=1453246969][/DOUBLEPOST]
    i had my own mods i needed to test anyway

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  8. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

That was way too fast... how?? Did you play all day and night??

9. keyofdarkness55 Traverse Town Homebody

no lol i just speedrun kh1fm all the time. i can get through the game very fast

10. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

1 year later.....no progress made....... I'm disappointed.

11. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

There was progress. The original team had done a large chunk of it, too. Then, some of them suddenly lost interest and/or disappeared with the files they were working on and the project stalled and died. Sora kept having his own version going alongside it for whatever reason, and now he's decided to start all over again.

I don't even.

I'm disappointed too.

12. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

hey. if you dont like my work. i will just stop in gerneral. I am busy with in real life stuff right now. Mainly Health issues. i havent been feeling good at all. and i am trying to figure out how to lower the subs like 1.5 is.

13. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

You don't have to stop in general, just continue where Trilix left off, all you have to do is Hallow Bastion, Traverse Town, and all the strings for the Treasure Chest, I have no idea why you started over when the project was almost done. Also, i noticed you haven't made any progress with the KH2FM English patch. I understand if you have health issues and are busy irl, but that obviously hasn't completely stopped you from working on the patches, so don't completely start over when so much progress has been made and your still willing to work.

14. mania Moogle Assistant

What Michael Daraghy said, don't take it personally sora but if there's only some untranslated strings missing and those couldn't be finished since june '15 when I created this account I wonder what kind of progress has been made. The bugs don't appear to be game breaking from what others wrote and it's not guaranteed that your patch will be bug free when it's finished either I guess. Why not at least take all the translations and incorporate them into your own patch?
    Also, you should really update your blog with the latest info on the 1.5 patch or at least answer 1-2 comments, people get confused as to why there are bugs in the patch. The title "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix Complete English Patch" + the description "With this complete english patch this will include: Kingdom Hearts Final Mix Complete English Patch (mediafire link); • Game Locations listed by bullet points" is misleading at best.
    Your blog is pretty much the first google entry for "KH eng patch" after all.

15. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

I cant get into my blog sadly. i was using my schools email and when i got done with school(graduated) they shut down my email. and my old youtube account and blog was for that.

16. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

The blog was pretty outdated anyway, besides, it's probably easier to make a new blog rather then to delete everything outdated on the old blog, then update it with the new patches.

17. gledson999 Destiny Islands Resident

Hallow Bastion, Traverse Town, and all the strings for the Treasure Chest, just seen easy :D

18. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

Those are all easy to fix, what isn't easy to fix, is the random bugs. IDK how trilix managed to mess up so bad that it's impossible to beat the game due to the teleportation bug that happens when you get the Oathkeeper Keyblade.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  19. gledson999 Destiny Islands Resident

I dont know this bug, but my translation is all fine without bug yet, but the problem is maybe the ARD editor, because this crash in random areas if you save the same file many times.

Proof:

Open the original file with editor, just save and compare the original file with unmoded saved file from editor and you has the proof that file has manny bytes changed, maybe bug or error from editor.

20. M1rk0-StupidName Merlin's Housekeeper

Asking for curiosity, what's the best version of the patch available right now? I'm using sora's patch (downloaded from his blog, so i don't know if there is an updated version since apparently the blog is outdated) and besides the game crashing after the xemnas fight (or soft locking, since it stopped loading between giving me the exp necklace and the ansem report) it seems pretty stable, i have trilix's version but as far as i've seen it's the same as sora's but with the oathkeeper teleport bug and some text not being translated/bugged