Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Hiei Jaganshi Moogle Assistant

Helping you out. First of all, now that you have tried to play it on your OPL and it didn't work at all, unfortunally it will not work anymore if you delete the game file and put it back. You will have to either format your usb to FAT32 once again and test it again or use a different flash/hard drive.
    The other important thing is: You must have a clean KHFM ISO that works properly, I remember I had an ISO of KH2FM and for some reason IT DID NOT WORK AT ALL with everything you mentioned, burning, opl, etc. So I donwloaded a new one and things worked out really well.
    So, make sure to do all the procedure from the first post edited by Trilix, I've done that, and it worked on my ps2 OPL 0.9.2.
    I will tell you exactly how I've done it after the new Patched ISO was created.

1 - Before even patching the game, I opened the clean ISO with winrar, opened up a notepad and wrote the code for the game(SLPS yare yare.Kingdom Hearts Final Mix Eng) and saved it
    2 - I patched and the new ISO was created with the name of khnew, something like that.
    3 - Opened up the notepad from step one, copied the name and control + v on the new name of the patched ISO
    4 - Copied the file to the folder DVD on my USB flash drive
    5 - I made sure that when removing the usb flash drive it would not give me any errors such as ''the drive cannot be removed because is still in use'' AVOID GETTING THAT.
    6 - Just play it.

2. xigbar2 Moogle Assistant

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

3. ZX Panda Moogle Assistant

Well, first I would like to say a big thanks for this translation project. You all are very great! Without this translation, I might not understand what Kingdom Hearts is about. As the workaround for unfinished Traverse Town and Hollow Bastion part of the translation, I use a script guide from Gamefaqs.

The main point of my post here is I would like to list down the glitches this translation has caused so that the next release will have this glitches fixed. Here they are:

1. After the cutscene in Secret Waterway (Traverse Town) which will eventually give you Oathkeeper keyblade, the game will strangely warp you to the place called Final Door (the place where the ending takes place where both Sora and Riku try to close the great white door). The player can control sora but cannot exit the area. The workaround I used to remedy this is to load the original KHFM ISO, pass the scene, save, then load the patched ISO again to progress the game.

2. At End of the World, in the place where you must use the white platform as the direction to continue to Giant Crevasse (I forget the place name), near the entrance, there are some rocks. Normally you can go through this rock and you can also go back to the save point. But in the patched ISO, if you go through these rocks, the step animation changes to jump animation and once you go through these rocks, you cannot go back to the save point.

3. Again, at End of the World, in the same place where the white platform can be used for direction, exactly in the first white platform, you cannot go to the pointed direction by the platform, meaning you cannot progress the story.

4. At Olympus Coliseum, after you beat Sephiroth in Platinum Match then you try to exit from the save point map, strangely the game will warp you the the 10th seed of the Hades Cup. Exiting this cup will make you back to the room. Exiting the room again will trigger the strange Hades Cup again. Thus, you cannot exit the area.

5. After defeating Kurt Zisa, you will not get Zantetsuken and Ansem's Report 11 (or are they acquired somewhere else in the game?). I still don't have workaround for this one, may anyone advise me?

Well, that would be all for now. I hope this translation project is finished so everyone can play KHFM without having PS3 :)

4. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

How the hell does this happen? :/

Why does changing text have to cause so many problems?

5. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

becuase when you change the text it changes the data. For kh2fm atm i am having an issue where Scan wont unlock after Axel 1. So ya(wrong thread) but still. you get the point. lol

6. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

Well, as for the first bug, I encountered that to, another work around is using the "pause brings up save menu" cheat. I did not encounter problems 2 and 3, but i encountered problem #4, it prevented me from beating the game (problem #4 also applies to Ice Titan) and i did not get far enough to see any other bugs. I decided to not report them because at the time, I thought it was because the cheats i was using, But i realize now it wasn't.

7. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Hey Guys. Just an heads up. I got an Vset editor from a friend . I can finsh the Japanese Undub Iso. Like the Xemnas Cutsceen where its only English. I can take the audio from youtube or 1.5(if i can get a blue ray drive) can edit them to fix in the PS2 Version

8. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I just hope that the bugs can be fixed at some point. There must be a way.

9. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

For What Game and also i sent you a pm ! :p

10. sefniaz Moogle Assistant

Hello, I had able to finish this game with almost are translated (maybe 85%) including Traverse Town and Hollow Bastion are also with english text(some are japanese text). But I had a minor problem, after finishing the game (the last battle with Ansem), after event Mickey and Sora Close the white door normaly continue with ending movie, but i am not able to see the ending, crash white screen. I just edit some text using Crazycatz's tools and replace ew33.ard with final mix script so it will not crash after event with Kairi in Secret Waterway. The only problem is the ending.

11. Hiei Jaganshi Moogle Assistant

Is this issue from the Rev7 ?

12. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

yes but this is the wrong thread to talk about it PM Me if you want more info.

13. NewbieBob Moogle Assistant

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you to Trilix and the team/supporters. As someone that doesn't own a PS3, this patch would give me the opportunity to play the game on its original hardware. (I'm looking forward to it being in 16:9, as well!) Good job, everyone!

14. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

I can make it into 16:9. Is it not in widescreen ? i thought Trlix did that.

15. NewbieBob Moogle Assistant

My apologies. I haven't actually used the patch yet, but I'm thankful to the team for working on it.

Speaking of which, does it matter if it's the Ultimate Hits version?

16. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

i dont think so no. But if it doesnt work . let me know ( i am part of this team)

17. Toon Link Moogle Assistant

hey,
    I just want to know when will the patch complete because i'm waiting from along time ... i'm thankful for all what you did

18. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Dude. Plz dont rush this . I am helping on this well . KH1 Is really picky

19. Toon Link Moogle Assistant

I know that you guys have done a great job , i'm very happy for what you do ... and i'm waiting for the end of this great project :D hope it complete soon :D

20. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

no you're not and he's not rushing anything.