Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Nit3H8wk Moogle Assistant

Patch works well but being my first time playing not sure what the gear does as the stats are gibberish. Maybe i will just play the regular version. Only KH i beat so far is BBS back when i had a psp. Also got the BBS final mix translated iso and KH2 FM so i will have to play through that again as well but i want to start from the beginning and get the whole story.

2. CursedKeyblade1 Destiny Islands Resident

Can you read Katakana? If so, there's no point for the English Patch lol.

3. GoombaKong Moogle Assistant

there is a point just because i can read some katakana, hiragana and kanji words doesn't mean i know them all. its like saying oh you can read the alphabet so of course you know the definition and how to spell every word in the English dictionary. Of course not only know the ones you have learned and what you don't know you have to look up. so the English patch is still necessary because my native language is English i don't have to think when i hear/read it unlike Japanese script which i'm still learning and have to actively study to remember.

4. LoyalZero1 Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been reported or not, but in the unstable version, it froze in Tarzan's world right when you climb the vine that takes you to the top of the tree that's just outside of the camp. The instructions for the vine swinging came up and then it froze. Other than that, many of the treasure items can't be read when you obtain the item at first. All you read is a bunch of gibberish. But i'm enjoying it.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, it really doesn't matter if you take the path in the trees as i've described above, or if you take the ground path. Once you cross the water where the hippos are, you have to climb a rope. once you climb the rope, the screen goes black. In both cases, the music continues to play but you can't do anything.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  5. kvsnake Moogle Assistant

Can someone help me out. I leave for a deployment tomorrow. So I really need to fix this by tonight. I Don't know how active this forum is.

I have the ISO and the patcher. I ran the program and changed the name of the ISO to kh.iso. I also dropped it in the folder.

Every time I run the maker and hit enter. It says it can't find it. But it's in there

6. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

There's no point in translating the cutscenes. If you can hear it why, translate it in the first place? But I guess you're wanting to use the cutscenes to study up?

7. Hellbringer616 Merlin's Housekeeper

Quick question. For the broken text when opening chests. Is lack of man power all that is stopping this portion of the patch's completion? If you can provide me the tools then i don't mind providing the time to finish at least these, i am about to play through the game so it'll be fairly easy for me to test it.

EDIT:
    I have begun chronicling text alignment issues for the main story and side quests, more or less i won't be doing miscellaneous dialog, and garbled items. If this wouldn't be useful and or is already documented someone else please let me know so i don't waste my time haha.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  8. betaboy Moogle Assistant

the game crashes when I load it on the esr disk loader. well not so much crash but it locks up when I confirm my new game settings

9. RandQalan Merlin's Housekeeper

This is a know problem this patch with the elf will not work with new game on an official PS2

It has been awhile but they said they would fix it but so far not done so not your ESR disc causing it

10. Hellbringer616 Merlin's Housekeeper

Another quick question, Would saves at certain parts of the story be useful? I'm just past Traverse town part 2, But starting from Agrabah i can keep saves per specific points in the story. Again, assuming my work isn't in vain haha..

Seems as the incomplete files state. There are currently a million text alignment bugs though they mostly seem just shifted to the left a ways.. But the big things I've noticed so far:
    No description for items in item shops.
    Acquiring items from chests is just a garbled mess, or the item name followed by a garbled mess (the first one is the big issue)
    anything that happens in space is a garbled mess, Dialog, and Gummi missions so far. And hopefully thats it..

I'd love for the text alignment to be fixed, And the garbled items, it seems easy minus the sheer amount of time to check everything of course. So again if i can help out with this, as someone who cannot speak Japanese, Let me know if there is a way i can help.

Til someone says anything i'll just keep collecting bugs with the current "complete" (as posted above me on this page) release

EDIT: so talking to carpet causes a hang.
    When i spoke to it, a box flashed "You'd do that?" then it vanished, i can still enter the pause, But i cannot move or rotate camera.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  11. Le KH Fan :D Moogle Assistant

Hi, I've been waiting for an English Patch to appear for a long time too. I don't know anything about coding and all those stuff, but I hope I can somehow help by reporting errors and glitches seen when playing the game :D

1) When opening treasures, it's all garbled, but at certain worlds(Eg: Atlantica) or certain chests, it's translated.
    2) When villains are gathered at Hollow Bastion talking, the subtitles are garbled.
    3) When fighting Ursula for the 1st time, when firing magic towards the cauldron, it doesn't react thus causing the boss fight impossible to end unless restarting the game with the original ISO and fight her then save again and restart with the patched ISO.
    4) When you're in Accessories shop in Traverse Town, upon exiting the shop the exit via door it says "Third District" instead of "First District"
    5) (Optional cuz I'm not sure if it's necessary to see this as a mistake) After downloading the .ald files, I've found out that there may be missing files (or maybe just named wrong). For an example, for Traverse Town, tw22.ard and tw24.ard are missing and for Hollow Bastion, pc14.ard is missing.
    6) When going to the Jungle Cliffs from Bamboo Thicket, it occasionally writes cliff, otherwise it's garbled.
    7) After doing the "checking ghost in order at the tombstone" with the mayor, the dialogue with him is garbled.
    8) A lot of items like synthesis materials are mistaken as equipment when obtaining them from chests (Eg: Obtaining an Orichalcum should show a sphere beside it, but instead it showed a ring beside it, and Wishing Star is mistaken as a Cottage)
    9) (Save/Load game data) location name aren't entirely displayed. (Eg: Evil Playroom is stated as "Evil Playr")
    10) Oogie Boogie boss fight has the same problem as the Ursula boss fight. The system doesn't automatically pushes the trio onto the roulette thus battle cannot be ended.
    11) 1st dialogue with Wendy after getting Fairy Harp is unfinished.
    12) The dialogue with the Moogle in the Accessories shop is bugged.
    13) Every object that's obtained in the library is unnamed(including books and objects from chests), but the symbols are correct and are translated.
    14) When obtaining Emblem Pieces, it has the same situation as #13
    15) When asked helping Pooh to get honey, the options are mixed up.
    16) When Tigger first arrives, there's a slight hang.
    17) After getting Divine Rose from Belle, the next dialogue from her is garbled.
    18) The 1st dialogue of all princesses besides Aurora at the Castle Chapel are garbled (before fighting the Behemoth in Dark Depths).
    19) One part of Leon's dialogue in the Library is garbled.
    20) Yuffie's dialogue in the Library is garbled.
    21) Every time after loading a game, the key image beside the "Attack" bar is far right instead of being inside the bar, thus the bar expands all the way there.
    22) The dialogue from the moogle that gives Sora Encounter Plus is garbled.

Other mistakes have been stated by Hellbringer616 so I'm not gonna repeat them for your (hopefully) convenience. I am currently @ Hollow Bastion. I'll report more along the way by editing this comment.
    Thanks a lot for the awesome people who have contributed to this project. Thumbs up (Y) ><

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  12. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

hey guys . WE know the ISSUES we have in this patch you guys dont need to keep repeating these . Thanks . Not trying to be mean its bothers me when you guys repost as the other guys said . Thanks again !

13. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Sora, he didnt repeat anything. It's okay if they repeat the same issue.

14. betaboy Moogle Assistant

I agree with you. repeating a problem ensures that it is a bug and not us as users being incredibly stupid.

15. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

If anyone wants to takes pictures of non translate stuff . I could try and fix it for you guys. I think i found non translate stuff in the elf file but i am not sure . So pictures would help out

16. LoyalZero1 Merlin's Housekeeper

I know there are parts of this game that only has japanese audio like in BBS Final Mix PSP. I wonder if it's possible to take the new english audio for those scenes that's in KH 1.5 Remix and put it in the ISO here....

17. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

There is no talking audio for the new cutsceens . For 1.5 or KH1FM . However. KH2FM got voiced cutsceens and it is possble to port them over . KH1 isnt friendly that well when it comes to this

18. Hellbringer616 Merlin's Housekeeper

I'll get you any pictures i can. It'll take a few days though as i am in the middle of a move.

More so if you could fix item descriptions in the shops, I'd love you forever :D

19. LoyalZero1 Merlin's Housekeeper

I see. Wow. They were still lazy about doing it, even though they made the game from scratch again for PS3. I wasn't expecting that.

20. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

There for. I dont think they made the game from scratch. Everything is still same. Lol only thing differnt is they made the gameplay like how kh2 is